• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Kodi project to enable HDR in MPC to launch any movie

Got some GREAT NEWS! XDR now can completely remove 8 bit banding in UHD signal. Smooth deep beautiful color and retain the true HDR. Here are some screen shots of 16bit float processing for uhd. I really think this is going to take over for madvr once you try it and see the results. The installer is now done. Everything works great. Just need to make the donation video and how to use XDRCAL. And were all good. I suggest using mpcbe64 as it allows 10bit processing over mpchc64. I offer both but mpcbe smokes mpchc when it comes to uhd. These screen shots where adjusted with bt2020 color to perfectly match the original. Dark parts of a uhd movie will show banding. But not with xdr.

Untitled-6.jpg Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled4.jpg Untitled5.jpg

I will include the media players and lav filters I used in the installer that way you can use the exact test files I used to get the same results. By the way these were played with evr(custom presenter) filter! Full hardware gpu acceleration in lav filters with 0 tearing at 4k at YcBcr 4:4:4 at 16-235 color spectrum. These are the true HDR settings for UHD files and these tests look exactly like my Samsung hardware uhd player. HDR is OFF in these pictures to show you you do not need the switch to pass HDR!

I thinking about passing more options into hdrcal like p10, 8,16,24 bit float percision, gamma curves and other tweaks. Also the ability to change direct show filters per movie file. Having this much flexability really makes every file play great and look its best. Ive noticed some files play but the sound gaps. Others play perfect. Change some settings and the one where the sound gappes plays fine. What do you guys think about have more filter option triggers so add 8 bit or 10bit or float and gamma processing as per file basis?

Can't wait to try it on my Kaby Lake media-center. Very curious what it will bring ;)

"What do you guys think about have more filter option triggers so add 8 bit or 10bit or float and gamma processing as per file basis?"

I want to start as basic as possible, just to compare it with my current setup.
Will a Kaby Lake setup as is (no nVidia/AMD gpu) benefit from what you will offer to us you guess?

yes all gpus will. kaby lake has a built in processing on the chip so hevc is not an issue. Same as my rx 470 card. Last night I was playing with p10 and 16bit integer values and was amazed how all the banding disappeared on al my uhd sources. custom presenter has some banding issues but evr does not but is not as sharp. Madvr I got to work in hdr last night but it suffers from sharpness issues. The way I setup xdr last night the sharpness was crisp and the banding was gone. Madvr still has an issue in exclusive mode with amd. I'm now playing with the oled samples to make sure that these settings will cross all types of hdr content.

I'm very curious what it will bring on my system now that Intel still has very poor (read non) HDR support with there drivers. I'm an Oled UHD user so bring it on... ;)

Ok some oled sample test p10 10bit display out. No lag hardware acceleration custom presenter filter. Remember XDR you can bump up the levels however you want.

Untitled-7.jpg

Here is some oled samples with XDR adjustments this time I switched to bt709 so this is what you will get on a non hdr tv!

Untitled-8.jpg Untitled-9.jpg Untitled-10.jpg Untitled-11.jpg Untitled-12.jpg Untitled-13.jpg Untitled-14.jpg Untitled-15.jpg

These will be the last samples I upload. I'm sure you get the idea now on how it translates color and depth and contrast in all types of material. Add the ability to add remove levels for each clip. This is what will make xdr better than madvr. Time to go work on the how to video.....installer is done.Untitled-16.jpg Untitled-17.jpg Untitled-18.jpg Untitled-19.jpg Untitled-20.jpg

Just like powerdvd17 xdr will support 10bit passthru to display in fullscreen mode. Supports 10bit rgb 444 limited. Here is a pucture as I cannot screenshot this on my desktop. My desktop is set to 1080p so I can upload smaller pics to redfox otherwise I would use 4k resolution for playback. Notice 10bit output! and the 16bit processing.... Enable ITC processing is VERY important to let the panel do the color and not the video card. This is how amd users pass 10bit. noticed 8 bit is now greyed out.....Untitled-21.jpg Untitled-22.jpg 20170728_122720.jpg

Working the bugs out to write the start values for xdr in registry and to remove them at uninstall. Included .net package if you do not have .net installed. So it should now work on any computer. Also I included delete xdr shell on uninstall incase you forget to remove it xdr unistall will clean it up and remove it which will remove the right click play with xdr function. I uploaded mpcbe mpchc lav filters sample xdrcal file to start with. This file works great but its a starting point to make adjustments. A readme is on the google drive server as well. Last item is to make the donation video. Then xdr will be released to everyone.....

Should some programs that are now installed on the system (MPC*, filters, etc.), be removed prior to your installation package?

nope
Should some programs that are now installed on the system (MPC*, filters, etc.), be removed prior to your installation package?
Nope leave everything alone. I suggest using the newest versions of mpchc64 and mpcbe64 and lav filters. They are included on my goggle server and a new download tab is added to xdrconfig to make it easy to get all these programs in one spot. I originally included these files in the install but it make it 32 gigs for xdr. Way to much bulk so I uploaded the files to the server and the install file is under a gig.

Adding more features into xdrcal file like being able to select 8,16,24 bit float, 10bit, fullscreen directx, gamma curves, and other stuff. mpchc does not support hdr without madvr so im dropping support for this player. Testing making xdrcal file with custom presenter looks good in 8 bit float but if the user uses 16bit float the levels are way off. Xdrcal will now store these special settings file to file. Testing some oled hdr samples fair well in 8bit float but uhd movies look better in 16bit float and have 0 banding in 10bit fullscreen. Im merging hdrcal into xdrconfig and changing name xdrconfig to xdr. As for front ends it will be one file instead of 2. Xdrdesktop will remain 1 file. Want to get this app perfect before releasing. Mpcbe is big time the way to go for uhd. By doing this will allow users to use mpchc for madvr as xdr will not work with madvr. It works with evr and custompresenter filter and windowed filters.

Created a splash loading screen for my app and installer which was tested and worked perfect.

Cool....... Today i've been rewriting some more advanced options into xdrcal to allow 10bit 16bit float and gamma curve settings to be stored in the file as well as your selected directshow filter. I included XDRCAL inside XDRConfig as a button to reduce software files and added XDRCAL as an extension class inside the main program. XDRDesktop and MPCBEFE will be combined into one main file called xdr.exe as the front ends for all the player and xdrdesktop launching and reading from xdr cal file
This will elimate mpchcfe, mpcbefe,xdrcal, and just leave xdr control panel and xdr.exe. 2 files with over 2000 lines of code and growing. Basically I'm writing the code to make it more compressed. Trying to simplify the data entries to for next loops with array variables to add a huge amount of data features in as few lines of code as possible. I think xdrcal can store up to 28 items now. Not just contrast brightness hue and saturation. This is VERY important to offer the ability to set the filter, the gamma, the float processing and 10bit for uhd. The colors and shades shift so much between 8bit float and 16bit float so the user must be able to store these values in the xdrcal file to make all their video collection look its best.

Last edited:
update as of july 31,2017 Test workflow of all complete programs except advanced bit color ...working on this now....

Last edited:
Is there a ETA for this project, can't wait to try this one out ;)

Be working on it today tomorrow and hope by tomorrow nite to release

Back