• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Kodi project to enable HDR in MPC to launch any movie

My mother board i installed realtek hdmi audio driver after amd rx470 then my amp lit up in full screen . In windows audio make sure hdmi audio out is set to amp. In mpcbe under audio set default sound device your amp. Yoy can set 2 audio devices ar the same time

Last edited:
Its motherboard that does audio!
The HDMI port is located on the motherboard, that's correct, if that is what you are referring to? But it only provides a hardware-connection between the device that provides the HDMI audio (Kaby Lake) and the one that makes it audible (my receiver). But maybe you meant something else?

I disabled all other audio devices on the motherboard, always, just HDMI audio is active within the audio devices.

In windows on the taskbar is a speaker. In the properties is plaback and record. Is this pointing to hdmi for audio? Your amp name will show up there. Mpcbe audio should bet set to your amp name. Reading up on kabylake guess you guys have been strugggling with bitstream hd audio passing thru hdmi. Ill talk to max... he owns kaby lake as well....

Not one of those guys, no problem with playing all possible HD audio formats when using other media software. Most of them use a new type of Intel NUC or alike, I'm not. My AMP is my standard (and only) audio device under the speaker in the taskbar.

Edit: I will test again later this night when the Wife has left the building (going to bed).

Will follow up....

Last edited:
So far I tested everything I could test at this moment. Everything works fine audio wise with MPCBE (all formats, HD audio also) until I check D3D fullscreen (and nothing else), then an error follows;

MPC-BE could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:

Audio Switcher::Out

LAV Splitter Source::Audio
LAV Audio Decoder::Output
Audio Switcher:: Out

Media Type 0:
-------------------------
Audio: PCM 44100Hz stereo 2116kbps

and so on......

When clicking the enter key, video in the best quality is shown and it's so smooth, but without sound.

Error only follows when activating the D3D Fullscreen option. Without that active all audio from any media file is just played fine in the audio format is has. So DTS-HD, DTS, AC3, etc. etc.

When using full screen without the D3D option sound is there but video isn't as fluently as with D3D active.

So why is the connection with my standard (and only) audio device get lost when I use D3D Fullscreen?

Can u try fdshow audio. Set in external filters. I have a video in htpc playlist on channel. Try passthru But let lav due the video.

So far I tested everything I could test at this moment. Everything works fine audio wise with MPCBE (all formats, HD audio also) until I check D3D fullscreen (and nothing else), then an error follows;

MPC-BE could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:

Audio Switcher::Out

LAV Splitter Source::Audio
LAV Audio Decoder::Output
Audio Switcher:: Out

Media Type 0:
-------------------------
Audio: PCM 44100Hz stereo 2116kbps

and so on......

When clicking the enter key, video in the best quality is shown and it's so smooth, but without sound.

Error only follows when activating the D3D Fullscreen option. Without that active all audio from any media file is just played fine in the audio format is has. So DTS-HD, DTS, AC3, etc. etc.

When using full screen without the D3D option sound is there but video isn't as fluently as with D3D active.
So why is the connection with m16bit fliat y standard (and only) audio device get lost when I use D3D Fullscreen?
Kaby lake has a bitstream issue according to the articles online. You have a great hevc processor! Hope fdshow audio passthru activates that pin for you. Max, imhh1 and me have no issues running d3d 10bit 16bit float with DTShd 7.1 sound. My HDMI port is 2.0a which can handle 60 fps at 4 k rgb444 with 7.1 audio. If fdshow does not work try the settings in mpcbe under full screen forcing 30 fps at 4 k resolution and see if that passes the audio. I still think it's a kaby lake issue. There has got to be users experiencing the same issues. Do me a favor to elimate mpcbe . load mpchc and select evr custom presenter and select d3d. Does sound activate? If so Mpcbe may be the issue. I will create an installer for mpchc if that's the case so users can use either player. Only take 1 hr to change the code pointing to a different player.

Last edited:
Did you place dtsdecoder.DLL in lav folder from my 7.1 video. The file is on my server. I have it in my 64 and 32 bit lav directory.

Also install the k lite codec Pak. Maybe there is a codec in there that might fill the gap.set a system restore point b4 messing with codecs just in case.....

Did you place dtsdecoder.DLL in lav folder from my 7.1 video. The file is on my server. I have it in my 64 and 32 bit lav directory.
This I tried (if dtsdecoderdll.dll from Arcsoft is the one you referring to?), but brought me nothing. I haven't tried much anything else yet, but the K-lite pack I won't try, I don't wanna pollute my setup if there really is no obvious reason for it. I must be possible to fix it with the codecs I have installed (LAV is great in most cases), because Bitstream audio works with any other media software I use, for quite some time now. Maybe Kaby Lake has a Bitstream (probably driver) issue, but in my case only then when using the settings for MPC-BE combined with the D3D Fullscreen option, so what does this function really do? I did try a newer version of MPC-BE but without any positive result.

The HTPC hardware I use (very tiny S1151 barebones, with desktop Kaby Lake CPU's, so no NUC models or alike), don't have the option to use an external graphics card, so no solution in that area.

I will keep testing different settings and maybe some other (Kaby Lake) hardware. I have several small HTPC's in the house so plenty to try out. I'm no newbie in this area I dare to say ;)

I have time, no hurry, no worries.

Goodmorning, did you try fddshow audio with bitstream? Fullscreen evr enables fs and elimates glitching in video. As per my video card the texture surface changes and hdr shadowing comes alive. You can use evr too to get xdr adjustments but going to loose float and 10bit. My rx470 is connected to 8x pci e gpu graphics slot on a motherboard which is over 8 years old ....that has the old pci white slots. My old pc gets amazing results. Did u see video improvement even though sound dropped off? Max gets sound and video but he is running a different mobo. Imhh1 run nvidia and his test results look bad like there is 0 shadow detail. My program does not mess with mpcbe but stores and removes its settings before player launches. Because xdr is a friont end. I am going to look at real hdr switching in c++ and maybe have a tool to mount existing uhd file to extract hdr tags to cal file. Then have those values passed into c++ and into the correct color primary . Problem is that hdr on pc microsoft uses evr custom presenter with fs. Fs evr is needed to show float processing.nvidia explains this fullscreen (fs) and so does microsoft in c++. Mpcbe supports fs and float to unlock hdr on amd rx cards hooked to hdr tv without using madvr. I hope you get this working. Evr will work too but results dont look as good.

That is something I forgot to tell, I installed ffdshow but it wasn't selectable as an filter, so I couldn't use it. Did not put much time in it besides uninstalled and installed it again, but that brought nothing. As always, I rebooted after installing/removing codecs/drivers/change settings, just to be certain. I'm overlooking something after installation maybe? It has been quite some time that I had to use something else besides LAV.

As I already remarked before, the picture with the D3D option (without sound), is really looking great and runs very smooth. It's a big gain (although HDR is not kicking in), without any doubt. I would like to use it from within Kodi as an external player.

To be complete, I test MPC-BE and the settings as standalone by starting it from desktop and selecting different settings.

When fddshow is installed you load mpcbe. In extwrnal filters block lav audio and press add tab. Make it should show up in the list. Then once added set it to priority. Then double click on it to open its control panel. Put a check in passthru hdmi bitstream in options. Acroll through the ton of options until you find it. Try 16 24 32bit options too.

I know how to do it, but it isn't there when using the "add" tab? So I can't select it? In al the filters that are visible, ffdshow isn't showing.

I will when I go testing again. It just hit me :)
Hope this works. I really want to see you get it to work. As for video it looks exact yo uhd disk in 10bit 16bit float with my starter uhd cal file sample. Goes to show hdr is contrast and brightness that tv is adding.....

Hope this works. I really want to see you get it to work. As for video it looks exact yo uhd disk in 10bit 16bit float with my starter uhd cal file sample. Goes to show hdr is contrast and brightness that tv is adding.....
FFdshow audio filter is selectable, result is the same as with LAV audio as filter. No sound with the D3D option active, but very good (rich) and smooth picture.
When D3D disabled but full screen active, all (HD) sounds are there but picture is more dull and not so smooth. Exactly the same as I had with LAV audio.

Back