• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Joyn - Episodes on subsite not recognized +1

DeepSpace

1.Joyn (or rather Welt, former N24) has specific subsites that are not properly recognized.
Code:
https://www.joyn.de/compilation/gesellschaft
https://www.joyn.de/compilation/history
All the /compilation/whatever sites only show one item, most probably the first video on the site (I only downloaded one when Joyn has been released). This is better than the competitor, as it could not download anything from these subsites for a long time. Just kept reloading the site.

AS should show them like it shows the episodes of seasons, all different videos on that site in one list. Maybe it is even possible to integrate all of the categorys into the season dropdown. So instead of Season 1, Season 2 you have Gesellschaft, History, Space etc and only search for Welt in the search box. Or you add a second row when I search for Welt, showing the different categories.
2023-08-23 - 11-10-13 - AnyStream (Herunterladbare_Elemente).png 2023-08-23 - 11-32-22 - AnyStream (Herunterladbare_Elemente).png

2. Think of the D+ website, they have big buttons for Star Wars, Disney etc at the top. Could you add a row with the different sites (Sat1, Pro7, Welt, ...) to AS, as it is on Joyn itself?
Code:
https://www.joyn.de/mediatheken

3. And the last issue I have, AS can't load some things at all. The loading circle is spinning into infinity and I have to terminate it with Task Manager. Happend in 1.6.2.0 and .1. To recreate this, search for Star Trek and then try to open "Inside Star Trek - Hinter den Kulissen des Enterprise-Universums" a bit to the right, with Tim Russ (Tuvok) on the Thumbnail. The circle will spin and you won't be able to anything anymore, not even to create a logfile.

4. And as in this thread, I also noticed the infinite episode list. Same as on NF, when closing it and opening it, it keeps adding new entries. I haven't tried it, but it might render the download all button useless or at least creates several failing downloads.
2023-08-23 - 11-46-20 - AnyStream (Herunterladbare_Elemente).png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.2.1 Joyn Gesellschaft.astlog
    195.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.6.2.1 Galileo Infinite episode list.astlog
    186.8 KB · Views: 0
While 1.6.2.2 increased the performance and stability a bit and also fixed the duplicates on Galileo, 1.6.3.0 now also fixed the infinite spinning circle on Inside Star Trek. That is probably due to Fix: joyn sometimes episodes missing for registered Joyn users.

The mentioned subsite is still not working properly, only one episode shows up with no description. Oh, forgot to mention it when creating the post, the file is just called "Gesellschaft", which is the title of the site itself. But I think 1.6.3.0 increased the performance further and it is now loading a bit faster. I also haven't seen the random spinning circle anymore that occured when just scrolling the site. So basically the only thing holding me back in getting a subscription of Joyn in this subsite issue. But I am sure it is planned for one of the next versions, I just want to report it since no one has commented to this thread so far.

Edit: Forgot to add the logfile for Inside Star Trek in case it contains any valuable information about the fix.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.3.0 Inside Star Trek fixed.astlog
    208.6 KB · Views: 0
All the /compilation/whatever sites only show one item, most probably the first video on the site (I only downloaded one when Joyn has been released). This is better than the competitor, as it could not download anything from these subsites for a long time. Just kept reloading the site.
Well, I have to say, that Joyn is one of the more screwed up sites, it seems that they had some cheap interns working on the presentation.
So I can't blame any program for having trouble with it.

Anyway: I have no idea, how you even navigate to those mentioned entries (Gesellschaft, History, Space etc) from within AnyStream.
I need a bit more info in order to reproduce this.

Last edited:
You just search for Gesellschaft and then click onto the same thumbnail with the two people as you can see in my post. Same for Space etc.
The link on Joyn is https://www.joyn.de/compilation/gesellschaft.

And it then should just show these episodes the same way it shows any seasons.

And what do you think about providing these few subsites an extra row in the main UI to avoid using the search? I am not sure if other channels also have them or only Welt, but this is the only one I've seen so far.

It might also be helpful to provide the channels themselfes one row where all are listed (like I mentioned in #1), but then AS might have to much workload when opening them since it would need to scan the entire channel? I am on phone right now so I can't really check the site. I just mention it in case you think it is no big deal.

Ok, please try version 1.6.3.1
Warning: massive changes were required, to make this work, so it may not be entirely smooth from the start.

Ok, please try version 1.6.3.1
Warning: massive changes were required, to make this work, so it may not be entirely smooth from the start.
Sounds very nice, thanks!
My PC is still running, so I will be able to give it a quick try when I am back home.
But no extensive testing. Will do that with a sub. No sense to download it now in SD and then again in 1080p.

I installed the new version and the idea with tabs is nice. But of course it doesn't work for exactly the one site in question (Welt), it just stays empty. And when I now search for Gesellschaft, it doesn't show up anymore. I used F5 which closed all tabs and then opened Welt again, but nothing changed.
The two other tabs I tried are working, but Tele5 only has one row and it is in the middle. Not sure if it is supposed to have something above it and just couldn't load that. If not, it should be moved to the top (but that of course is just a minor UI issue).

Attached a log.

2023-09-05 - 22-22-36 - AnyStream (AnyStream_Plus).png
2023-09-05 - 22-24-55 - AnyStream (AnyStream_Plus).png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.3.1 Joyn fix test.astlog
    596.4 KB · Views: 0
Does the search not show the categorys Gesellschaft etc anymore because they are supposed to show up as a row in the Welt tab?

Be patient. It's being investigated. No more posts needed.

I am not impatient, I just had a thought about a possible cause and am curious about it. Without the intention to make pressure or anything.

Little update regarding the session token: I just started AS again and it didn't ask me to login, instead just loaded the site. So the fix seems to work.

Does the search not show the categorys Gesellschaft etc anymore because they are supposed to show up as a row in the Welt tab?
Alright - the thing is: I "muted" items like "Gesellschaft", because, as mentioned, Joyn has an unnecessarily complicated protocol.
They ask for different types of video groups, like Genres, Collections, Medialibraries, ... in different ways and the results all need to be parsed in different ways, even though they have essentially the same content. That causes a lot of addtional implementation effor). So I tried to keep it simple.

I'll add some more tuning and you'll probably end up with a lot of those new tabs, because Joyn's representation is very convoluted.
It's a lot of work to put in, given that Joyn is actually our second least popular provider.
So at some point, I'll probably make compromises, because at the moment, there are other more pressing things, that need to be done...

Ok, then I will download other stuff next and wait for updates. So thanks for letting me know.

I will put out a beta later, that will at least grant you access to the missing catalogues. It may not be "pretty" in presentation.

Back