• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How To Obtain My CloneDVD License Key

Bruce Sharp

I just submitted a request for my CloneDVD license. But instead, I received an email with my Anydvd License. How can I obtain my license key for CloneDVD?

Thanks

I’m facing an unusual situation. I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD as a combo deal back in 2010 (I think). Both were lifetime license purchases. When SlySoft went under and RedFox was born to assume the reins for AnyDVD, I purchased another lifetime license for AnyDVD. Afterwards, I stored my new AnyDVD key on an external hard drive, but I forgot to back up my CloneDVD key. My computer had to be replaced, and I’m looking for someone to help me retrieve my CloneDVD key. I emailed ElbySoft, and I received this reply:

Dear Gary Ingram,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have your CloneBD license, not CloneDVD. Please contact your vendor where you purchased that license key and ask for a reissue.

Please find your license key attached to this e-mail.

To activate your license, please:

- *Save* the attached license key file to your Desktop.

- Make sure you are logged in with administrator rights.
(Normally default if you are the only user on the system.)

- Download and install the latest version of our software:
http://elby.ch/download.html

- Double-click the license key file. A confirmation dialog
will pop up and tell you if the registration was successful.

- Reboot, and you are done.

Afterwards, please save the license key file to a safe media (not your PC, use a CD-R or a memory stick) in order to be able to register the product again if the registry gets corrupted or the system crashes.
Kind regards,

Martin Huber
elby Support
--
elaborate bytes AG
Riedstrasse 7
6330 Cham
Switzerland

11/07/2017 00:36 - Gary Ingram wrote:
This is my second attempt to reach you in regards to having my CloneDVD license
key sent to me again. It had been stored on my computer, but it was lost when I
had to reinstall my operating system. I was hoping you could assist me in this
matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gary Ingram

There’s also no record of my initial pre-RedFox purchase of AnyDVD and CloneDVD from Avangate.

At this point, I’m not certain what other options I have aside from a full re-purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

@Ivan any chance you could do your magic and find this poor guys key, if it's in the partial DB you guys had?

That said Gary, dig through your 2010 emails. Maybe you still have it in your mail program of choice, you could then just re-save the attached license file.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That could help yes, but post that on your support ticket. Do NOT post that here on the public forums

That could help yes, but post that on your support ticket. Do NOT post that here on the public forums

Oh good Lord no. Then I’ll HAVE to buy another one since some lucky soul may get a free lifetime subscription to CloneDVD at my expense.

You'd be surprised and the things we see posted here. (Like working personal email accounts as their USERNAME!)

...not CloneDVD. Please contact your vendor where you purchased that license key and ask for a reissue.
So if you purchased CloneDVD when SlySoft was the reseller and cannot find the original email with license key attached, that could be problematic.

So if you purchased CloneDVD when SlySoft was the reseller and cannot find the original email with license key attached, that could be problematic.

Apparently so, as my quest has come to an unfortunate end. I just received this email:

Dear Gary Ingram,

Sorry. We cannot recover lost Slysoft licenses.

Kind regards,

John
Your RedFox Support Team
--
The RedFox Project
https://www.redfox.bz/

07/11/2017 22:35 - Gary Ingram wrote:
During a recent computer replacement, I lost my CloneDVD license key. I purchased
it in conjunction with AnyDVD as a combo offer back in 2010 (I think). I was
looking to have the key sent to me again, and have included the serial number
associated with the software which I did have on-hand. I have contacted ElbySoft
and Avangate, but neither could locate it in their systems. I’m hoping I have
better luck with you.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Gary Ingram

Sadly, this will mark the termination of my seven-year usage of CloneDVD. Without the license key, the software will be useless in 18 days. I’ve loved it for its simplicity and excellent results. I hate to let it go.

That being said, I hope that RedFox and ElbySoft can preserve their licensing databases in the event that one or both companies is shut down as was the case with SlySoft awhile back. This will prevent confusion of this nature going forward. However, I admit I’m hardly blameless in this matter. I should’ve preserved my license keys via email, the cloud, or an external source. That’s on me.

Thanks for your help!

Apparently so, as my quest has come to an unfortunate end. I just received this email:

Dear Gary Ingram,

Sorry. We cannot recover lost Slysoft licenses.

Kind regards,

John
Your RedFox Support Team
--
The RedFox Project
https://www.redfox.bz/

07/11/2017 22:35 - Gary Ingram wrote:
During a recent computer replacement, I lost my CloneDVD license key. I purchased
it in conjunction with AnyDVD as a combo offer back in 2010 (I think). I was
looking to have the key sent to me again, and have included the serial number
associated with the software which I did have on-hand. I have contacted ElbySoft
and Avangate, but neither could locate it in their systems. I’m hoping I have
better luck with you.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Gary Ingram

Sadly, this will mark the termination of my seven-year usage of CloneDVD. Without the license key, the software will be useless in 18 days. I’ve loved it for its simplicity and excellent results. I hate to let it go.

That being said, I hope that RedFox and ElbySoft can preserve their licensing databases in the event that one or both companies is shut down as was the case with SlySoft awhile back. This will prevent confusion of this nature going forward. However, I admit I’m hardly blameless in this matter. I should’ve preserved my license keys via email, the cloud, or an external source. That’s on me.

Thanks for your help!
You said you had to replace your machine. If it wasn't destroyed by fire or what not, you could try to go to some Computer Repair place to recover your info, including the CloneDVD license key.

For the record, I backed up my old Slysoft (and current RedFox) license keys via e-mail, the cloud--Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive, and various flash drives.

I hope that there is a way to get your CloneDVD license recovered.

If you still have the hard drive, you could hook it up in the new PC. Pretty sure you can recover the key somehow then. I know it's located somewhere on the drive after registration

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

No that's the registry entry, which you can't access if it's not the boot drive. I specifically remember James saying in a post somewhere that the registration FILE itself is located somewhere too after registration. Albeit under a slightly different name.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

No that's the registry entry, which you can't access if it's not the boot drive. I specifically remember James saying in a post somewhere that the registration FILE itself is located somewhere too after registration. Albeit under a slightly different name.

Just checking, there is also a file called CloneDVD.chk in a location such as, for example:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD
Maybe that is what you're referring to.

Any reason why Elaborate Bytes can't recover a CloneDVD license, even if purchased through a 3rd party? CloneDVD is an Elby product, SlySoft was simply a reseller.

@Gary Ingram, try contacting Elby Support.

Elby Support Contact

Should you get a replacement key file you might consider backing it up so you have easy access to it in the future. I have all my SlySoft/Redfox/Elby key files backed up to multiple sources. Removable HDs, CD-Rs, etc.

Any reason why Elaborate Bytes can't recover a CloneDVD license, even if purchased through a 3rd party? CloneDVD is an Elby product, SlySoft was simply a reseller.

AFAIK Elby won't have any knowledge of specific purchases if Slysoft was the license seller so I don't see that working although it can't hurt to try. Recovery would be through the seller which was Slysoft and unfortunately as has been mentioned previously RedFox doesn't have a full record of licenses issued by Slysoft.

AFAIK Elby won't have any knowledge of specific purchases if Slysoft was the license seller so I don't see that working although it can't hurt to try. Recovery would be through the seller which was Slysoft and unfortunately as has been mentioned previously RedFox doesn't have a full record of licenses issued by Slysoft.
He says he has the serial number, something Elby should have records regarding.

At this point it has come down to either contact Elby, or buy a new license. A quick contact and Elby might actually find enough of the relevant info to help out.

try contacting Elby Support.
Elby won't have any knowledge of specific purchases if Slysoft was the license seller so I don't see that working although it can't hurt to try

He already tried Elaborate Bytes for help...

I have contacted ElbySoft
and Avangate, but neither could locate it in their systems.

Source: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/how-to-obtain-my-clonedvd-license-key.73096/#post-470038

Back