• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion HBO max Error. Failed to retrieve playlist

mossman

Hello,
I detected a huge error that limits a lot how a user uses Anystream. Steps to reproduce the error:
  1. Search for a first content (Robot chicken) and put a, episode in the download queue.
  2. Search for a second content (Looney toons) and put a, episode in the download queue.
  3. Search for a third content (Gumball) and put a, episode in the download queue.
  4. Press download button.
  5. The second content shows: Error. Failed to retrieve playlist. Because is not in the screen of web browser but the first content also is not int he screen but does not shows the error.
I created this video to show this error.

Thank you for this great software and for help me.

You need to make a log file and upload it, a video isn't necessary.

The log file need to be made after the problem occurred, your log file has been made right after starting AnyStream, so it doens't contain any relevant information.
Can you please reproduce your problem and then make a log file?

Also: simply attach the log file to your message, we want to avoid external links (in this case google drive) here. Thanks!

Here you go Pete....I clicked a few he mentioned and a few that seemed to work ok...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.7.0.astlog
    790.3 KB · Views: 0
Hello Pete and Jimc115, thank you for your help. I replicated the error and generated the error log after. The behavior now is a bit different but the result is the same.
The conclusion is that I can not creat a download queue because the download fails or when I close and open AnySteam the download queue is empty.

Thank you!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.8.0.astlog
    966.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello Pete and Jimc115, thank you for your help. I replicated the error and generated the error log after. The behavior now is a bit different but the result is the same.
The conclusion is that I can not creat a download queue because the download fails or when I close and open AnySteam the download queue is empty.

Thank you!
The download queue doesn't save when you close the program. With that said....it seems they changed something on the page as most everything fails to retrieve a playlist.
It could also just be a temporary error on their side.

Pete will check it out and let you know.....I tried the same ones as you listed....so it's not just you.

Welcome also and enjoy the program...

All I see are a bunch of completed downloads, you are in Spain, so I cannot check Disney Spain. Maybe it was an HBOMax issue. Try again at another time.,

everything fails to retrieve a playlist.
Can you give me one title that gives that error, I just tried 5 downloads and couldn't make it give that error. I know we are in different regions but if you can replicate it where you are and he is in Spain, why don't I get the same error.?

This happends with all titles. I downloaded several terabytes of content during months and I suffered the error constantly. Exactly I am in Spain.

Upgrade to the No Ads version, in some regions that may help. HBOMax always needs the No Advertisements subscription.

In Spain we have not version with ads and version without ads. Only we have the no ads version. But thank you for this option.

Upgrade to the No Ads version, in some regions that may help. HBOMax always needs the No Advertisements subscription.
Everything I tried earlier failed except an episode of the O.C.
I uploaded a log and I do have Ad free.

RANDOM...

Full Circle - worked
And Just Like That - failed
Winning Time - worked
House of Dragon - failed
The Idol - worked
Harley Quinn - failed
Righteous Gemstones- failed
The Last of Us - failed
Friends - failed
Spider-Man - failed
Oblivion - failed
The Meg - failed
Puss In Boots - failed
Shazam! - failed

This is also the first I noticed of it.....I have not updated to the latest version and had no problems downloading
The 4K versions of the Harry Potter series on July 7th....I don't believe I've used it since then.

I had the same results in various regions including Spain.

I suggest if it's not an obvious problem with a change in the website, we wait a few days and see what happens.
Like I said...I did not update AS, so it's not a problem that the new version caused.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.7.0.astlog
    988 KB · Views: 1
I want to add one more thing, the error does not happen in these situations:
  1. If you donwload any content one by one (only putting one content in the download queue)
  2. Or if you start downloading a specific content (add it to the download queue and start the downlaod) and meanwhile the downlado is running you add a second content to the download queue and do not search for more content (in other word you keep in the screen the search result wiht the second added content) you have not the error.

Hey RedFox1....

As I figured, this does not appear to be a problem related to AS....titles that would not download before can now be. Seems it's an HBOMAX site related problem.

Back