• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

Have you set the options in Imgburn to UDF and 2.5? What files system do you have on the hard drive?

I have set the file system to UDF and 2.5
I have Windows Vista Ultimate and I think it it NTFS

Try this, create a .BAT file with this information.

Be sure to change your source/destination paths to where you want your media to be/go. Also make sure the path to IMGburn is correct

@echo off
set SRC=C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\movie
set DEST=d:\movie
set PathToImgBurn=C:\Program Files\ImgBurn

start /d"%PathToImgBurn%\" ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%SRC%\%1" /DEST "%DEST%\%1.ISO" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%1" /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START

What's the error message in Imgburn

The error I keep getting is:

Cannot read from file O:\WALL E\BDMV\Stream\2000.m2ts
Reason: The request could not be peerformed becasue of an I/O device error

well that's a read error from your drive 'O' how is this drive connected?

2 Questions (both possibly asked and answered already):

1) I have been using PowerDVD 8 Build 2217 without any real problems. The problems happened when I upgraded to either of the patches beyond that build. I can solve the problems by uninstalling and then reinstalling build 17. For me it is sort of a challenge to be able to "fix" the ability to use the latest and greatest Build to work. Do others have any specific reasons for needing to use the later patches? In others words have you noticed much other advantage?

2) With space issues do any of you not use external drives to do things the way this "Guide" is written? I am re-trying my IMGBurn as I write using the internal drives to see if it will work for me -- that said it sure was a lot simpler to just be able to use CloneCD alone!

Thanks all!

I use externals all the time, I mainly work from my laptop and have drives connected through USB, Firewire and esata(raid box connected through express card)

I use externals all the time, I mainly work from my laptop and have drives connected through USB, Firewire and esata(raid box connected through express card)

Well it appears that my burn went just fine when doing it form a rip to my internal SATA D drive - it's almost done! Any suggestions for me since my internals are full?
You help is really appreciated!

Only thing I can think of would be the Esata controller driver

Actually my mistake (I have been doing eSATA with a TIVO that we have) -- it is a firewire connection on a Seagate external drive -- you think that's the issue??

Do I need to get an eSATA controller card?

No idea, but if it's having problems reading from it I'd try running a full drive test on it

I got the back off of it and there are a couple more SATA slots so I think I'll just pick up a TB SATA drive. Don't really have a place to mount it in the already crammed full HP box but I guess I could just leave the box open and let the drive sit outside next to the box - ever done that before?

Of course. That's why it is called "copy protection".

i am really sorry for asking the following silly questions here, but i haven't found a single info on the web for these damn' blu-ray folders!

i hope someone has the patience to answer!:bowdown:

1) is the CERTIFICATE folder the one that "protects" the disc?

2) it has to be EMPTY (after AnyDVD process) in order for the later created ISO to be UPPROTECTED?
[the reason i am asking is because i would not want to spend 25 euros for a BD-R that will play the movie on PowerDVD but NOT on my PS3! i want this to work! :bowdown:]

and now the BIG question:

3) has anyone successfully been able to play a BD-R movie on a PS3 using this AnyDVD/ImgBurn method??? if yes, did you have an empty CERTIFICATE folder or not???

thanx in advance!

I've played back a few hundred copies on my PS3 which is why I wrote this guide.
No the Certificate folder is not always empty it depends on the film on whether or not it has anything in there. If you follow the guide then you should get discs that play every time on a PS3.
If you're unsure on what you're doing then buy a BD-re to play with first. Also remember that a lot of films are Dual layer so they won't fit on a SL disc without shrinking them first which is not what I'm doing in this guide. And if you're paying 25 euros for the DL BD-R then you're paying to much, Check on Ebay, I get mine from Japan and they work out at around £8 each (spindle of 10 Printables)

Last edited:
I've played back a few hundred copies on my PS3 which is why I wrote this guide.
No the Certificate folder is not always empty it depends on the film on whether or not it has anything in there. If you follow the guide then you should get discs that play every time on a PS3.
If you're unsure on what you're doing then buy a BD-re to play with first. Also remember that a lot of films are Dual layer so they won't fit on a SL disc without shrinking them first which is not what I'm doing in this guide. And if you're paying 25 euros for the DL BD-R then you're paying to much, Check on Ebay, I get mine from Japan and they work out at around £8 each (spindle of 10 Printables)

thank you for your reply!

you are really helpful! cheers..

I would be curious to know, have you tried playing these on standalone (or as you call them set top boxes) blu-ray players?

And what brand and firmware was it tried on?

According this post, some manufacturers are starting to remove the ability to play BDMV on a BD-R/BD-RE. BDMV is of course the full blu-ray format structure that you have been backing up (folder structure and all). BDMV was intended to play from BD-ROM discs only.

According to this Wiki entry, it seems that Panasonic and Sony would be keen to supporting this feature in their Blu-Ray players. But it looks like Samsung and LG have removed the support.

Just thinking, there would still be some options should this happen:

1) one can always keep an older player with old firmware to play these backups as long an newer firmware is not need to fix other critical player issues

2) the backups could be used to create movie only H.264 HD MKVs that will soon be playable from most TVs and newer Blu-Ray players with Divx 7 HD Plus support. But I think you would lose HD audio since I think that MKV container does not support HD audio formats like TrueHD or DTS-MA

3) firmware hacks may come along that figure out how to patch manufacturers firmware to easily open up this feature again

Back