• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error reading the playlist

It worked, I'm in! Can I deactivate the VPN to download or should it stay on?

someone suggested on the forum that once you get the playlist,you could disconnect from the vpn (incase vpn connection is needed...)
but i noticed it is not quite so.... did not work for me, amazon gave errors about my location (and it has absolutely nothing to do with anystream)
keep the VPN connection on, for as long as you need it to get what you need,incase the videos which you're after, are not available in your own country.
to make it short.... as chevron said, vpn connection needs to stay on.

Yes I can confirm that by turning off the vpn the download stops. It means that it will stay on: who cares.

Inviato dal mio SM-G970F utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes I can confirm that by turning off the vpn the download stops. It means that it will stay on: who cares.

you can always also try another vpn server, sometimes the most "popular" servers (read: the ones which off u can stream netflix/bbc/amazon around the globe..) get slow. but if you're using nordvpn... use nordlynx protocol instead of openvpn... (incase you think the download speed is too slow for you... also... check your anystream settings.... and download speed.... do you have it at the normal playrate or... ; ) ...

Yes as I imagined... the speed is not bad anyway ;)
Impressive amount of content on Prime USA!

That's why I am on prime u.s. always ...
i am not after the movies or the tv-series...
i am a documentary freak,and collect mostly documentaries about history and nature ...
i do not understand amazon's policy currently with such old documentaries, why... 10 000 is available on the u.s. site, while... 6 000 is available in the u.k.,and ....
2000 on primevideo.com ... (the amounts are calculated in my head quickly, but basically that's how it goes... primevideo.com (international,for all) has the worst offering on anything...)
well,most likely due to licensing policy aka money, but i hope that will change with them in the future.. for... "the better" ... for all the customers in europe and around the globe. :)

Last edited:
That's why I am on prime u.s. always ...
i am not after the movies or the tv-series...
i am a documentary freak,and collect mostly documentaries about history and nature ...
i do not understand amazon's policy currently with such old documentaries, why... 10 000 is available on the u.s. site, while... 6 000 is available in the u.k.,and ....
2000 on primevideo.com ... (the amounts are calculated in my head quickly, but basically that's how it goes... primevideo.com (international,for all) has the worst offering on anything...)
well,most likely due to licensing policy aka money, but i hope that will change with them in the future.. for... "the better" ... for all the customers in europe and around the globe. :)
Our tastes are similar. I also collect documentaries (I downloaded the one about Woody Allen and one about Sinatra) but above all I'm a fan of arthouse cinema, festivals etc... And I can't wait for the developers to add Mubi and Criterion Channel! For this and on trust I have also purchased a lifetime license.

nice if my tips helped,and if you are happy with the software.
it is always a good thing to support the developers.
people need to realize the software is at it's first version and they (as i said earlier... trial user abusers and pirates..) already complain too much. (take a look around the forum... why can't i download any more than 20 movies per day?!?!? )
people are suppose to test it,if it works and suits their needs, they should support the development and buy a license, not to complain "21 days? i have only 50 movies,gimme more" ...
they should be grateful... on trial,i would count the downloads on minutes,which would make it even worser. :)
imho... 2-3 days is definitely enough for anyone to decide if the program suits their needs or not.
many of them whiners are for sure running the software in VM, and resetting the machine code (while trying to patch the software)
i can say the coders have not yet put their "best" effort on the trial abuse, cause they are being nice to everyone.
if you like the product,and you know you gonna use it a lot... BUY IT!
if you claim even 7 days trial would not be enough, i will say you're full of crap.

Last edited:
Still getting this error... even on latest version :\
On all 3 of my devices... Windows 7 & Windows 10

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same issue with Amazon Prime after 3 successful downloads. No log file was created for the episode that was selected to download. So I uploaded the last one created.

Attachments

• Amazon-Andy Griffith Show_S01E03_Guitar Player.astlog
    218.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's the created log file for my #29 post

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1.astlog
    201.5 KB · Views: 1
I have three Amazon movies that generate the error reading playlist alert with both 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.6.1.
Log from all is included.
Please advise if the log was not collected correctly.

Three film URLS:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B003Y5RLGE/ref=atv_wl_hom_c_unkc_1_3[/URL]
[URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B000HX05W8/ref=atv_wl_hom_c_unkc_1_15[/URL]
[URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B001G8TKGU/ref=atv_wl_hom_c_unkc_1_17

Many others work without error.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1-3 Cannot_read_playlist.astlog
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a direct connection and have successfully downloaded a number of episodes of the same series. The episode streams if I play it via a web browser. I've attached screenshots and log file.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1_20201223.astlog
    187.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 2.23.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 2.23.35 PM.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 2.23.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 2.23.16 PM.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a direct connection and have successfully downloaded a number of episodes of the same series. The episode streams if I play it via a web browser. I've attached screenshots and log file.
In addition I also closed AS and rebooted my system three times and experience the same result.

It can be done but took me a while to get it to work. I tried multiple free VPN's but couldn't get them to work. Only paid ones seems to work. I'm currently using ExpressVPN with success.
I am having problems with Express VPN, can you tell me which server you use? Thanks

Back