• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enders game

Question:

If I ripped the disc to ISO using 7.4.2.2 beta (with keep protection on), is there any need to re-rip it under 7.4.3? I've updated to 7.4.3 and am wondering if it's worth re-ripping.

Thanks!

Question:

If I ripped the disc to ISO using 7.4.2.2 beta (with keep protection on), is there any need to re-rip it under 7.4.3? I've updated to 7.4.3 and am wondering if it's worth re-ripping.

Thanks!

When keeping the protection, there will never be any difference, regardless of the version of AnyDVD.
It's just a 1:1 copy of what's on the disc, no alterations whatsoever.

Question:

Thanks!

Have you done this before? Does it work?

I plane to re-rip.. Won't remember file 815 one m onth from now...

there's no need to re-rip. 7422 could handle the disc just fine so 7430 can too.

there's no need to re-rip. 7422 could handle the disc just fine so 7430 can too.

This disc is the only one I've ripped and skips around replaying short scenes effectively making the movie run three minutes longer than it actually is. If I specifically pick the correct jar folder (315), then it plays perfectly.

I'm not complaining. I love AnyDVDHd. Fantastic product and support. Just stating how it is for me.

ya could try a rerip but if that doesn't work maybe you have a yet unsupported variant and your best bet would be to then supply a log file

This disc is the only one I've ripped and skips around replaying short scenes effectively making the movie run three minutes longer than it actually is. If I specifically pick the correct jar folder (315), then it plays perfectly.
I'm not complaining. I love AnyDVDHd. Fantastic product and support. Just stating how it is for me.

Like we have mentioned to you before, the playlist problem is with your playback software, not AnyDVD.
XBMC can not select the correct playlist automatically, it's nothing to do with the rip itself.

You can either
1) Manually select the correct playlist in XBMC.
2) Enable Speedmenu's and use the Speedmenu to playback the correct playlist in XBMC.
3) Use a commercial player like TMT/PowerDVD or use a smarter non commercial player like JRiver (these players will choose the right playlist automatically)

Note: You will need to use AnyDVD 7.4.3.0 to ensure correct playback in TMT/PowerDVD.

ya could try a rerip but if that doesn't work maybe you have a yet unsupported variant and your best bet would be to then supply a log file

No, the new version will not change a thing for him - the problem is, that he let his player choose the playlist, instead of telling it, which one it is.

Hint: AnyDVD writes the correct playlist into the file disc.inf right in the root of the disc.
Let the makers of the players know, that they just have to read that file and use the information - then XMBC could benefit from that information and automatically play the correct playlist.

Hint: AnyDVD writes the correct playlist into the file disc.inf right in the root of the disc.

Yes, amazingly, it's been well over a year since this handy feature was added and very few playback software seems to make use of it :confused: (JRiver is the only one I know of?)

Ender Games

Reading All the post about this movie , I did get a blank screen playing it on blu ray disc , Once again by reading and reading . I used sly soft in the back ground and it played on cyber link 13 , So I reripped a copy of the movie and used speed menu as my target , must used this format until they can figure out what sony has implemented on this disc . Once again most of us had never had to use this format on any other movies that I know of or that I alone has rip , but if you read and read there is always a back door ! track 8 works best for me no repeats when you choose that playlist. well if I made any wrong wording in my first post a administrator will fix it !! Thanks for the help everyone :agree:

Reading All the post about this movie , I did get a blank screen playing it on blu ray disc , Once again by reading and reading . I used sly soft in the back ground and it played on cyber link 13 , So I reripped a copy of the movie and used speed menu as my target , must used this format until they can figure out what sony has implemented on this disc . Once again most of us had never had to use this format on any other movies that I know of or that I alone has rip , but if you read and read there is always a back door ! track 8 works best for me no repeats when you choose that playlist. well if I made any wrong wording in my first post a administrator will fix it !! Thanks for the help everyone :agree:

which version did you rip with. 7430 should handle the disc just fine without the need for speedmenus

I used the newest version of anydvd hd . I have life support for it . I also used the blu ray I made that wont play in my blu ray player . Even though I still had the original iso file on my externa hd I figured ill give it a shot and save it too c drive . Just in case I had too re rent it . But I had no issues with either fike I used since anydvd hd had no known errors on the rippe

I'm not sure if the issues i'm having are with AnyDVD HD or Handbrake. I able to rip the movie ok, but when using handbrake to encode, handbrake shows 214 files to chose from, none of which are the right file with the correct audio, etc.. its as if Anydvd has pulled out many fake or artificial files that HB can't identify which is the actual movie.. Also having the same issue with Escape Plan.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.3.0_Info_D_ENDERS_GAME.ziplog
    998.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure if the issues i'm having are with AnyDVD HD or Handbrake. I able to rip the movie ok, but when using handbrake to encode, handbrake shows 214 files to chose from, none of which are the right file with the correct audio, etc.. its as if Anydvd has pulled out many fake or artificial files that HB can't identify which is the actual movie.. Also having the same issue with Escape Plan.

There is an issue in Handbrake that occurred with Red 2, Riddick, and Enders Game. Hopefully they will resolve it at some point. It is not an AnyDVD issue. To use Handbrake with those movies:
The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.
Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 15th December 2013 at 02:11.

There is an issue in Handbrake that occurred with Red 2, Riddick, and Enders Game. Hopefully they will resolve it at some point. It is not an AnyDVD issue. To use Handbrake with those movies:

He is talking about Blu-ray.

I was able to get the movie to work, and select the right file within HB. (after much reading and testing).. only complaint is this blu ray only has Dolby Digital.. i was expecting better quality.

Question:

Thanks!

If you ripped to iso with 7.4.2.2 (or lower) and kept protections, then you can mount the protected iso with VCD and use 7.4.3 and the original menus will work.
If you want to back it up, you can re-rip to iso with 7.4.3 (or higher) with protections removed and everything should work. Instead of "re-ripping to iso" with AnyDVD, I mounted the protected image with VCD and with AnyDVD active, used ClownBD to remove trailers and it backed up to 23.5GB with menus working. This works for the 815 playlist version anyway.

Last edited:
Odd observation

]I've read through the majority of this thread.

here is what I have observed and it's odd...

Ripped Bluray of Ender's Game with AnyDVD (lifetime) v7.4.3.0.

Tried playing on HTPC with MediaBrowser3 + TMT6 (v6.5.1.150). The movie started to play the first TWO times (didn't play whole movie each time). On the 3rd attempt (when we were all ready to watch in entirety) TMT6 gave the Black Screen. No dice.

I went to my main PC and was able to play with TMT6 (v6.0.1.123) over and over again with no problem. So at that point I thought it was an issue with the newer version of TMT6 installed on the HTPC.

I went to HTPC, uninstalled TMT6. Rebooted, then installed TMT6 v6.0.1.123. Tried playing EG again, but still get the black screen??

So it would seem that TMT6 keeps a log somewhere of a disc??

CONFUSED!!!!

EG plays on main PC, but will no longer play on HTPC.

The rips are made with AnyDVD on the main PC, then transferred over to the HTPC which has minimal SW loaded to it. Not even Win7 SP1. Trying to keep speed on bootup as quick as possible (Samsung 840 SSD).

EDIT:
I re-ripped EG using AnyDVD speed menu. This has played so far. My only question is how do I know which audio track it is playing. The menu screen is a bit confusing. It shows that the Main movie is associated with AC3, but there are 2 additional audio tracks below the Feature, one of which says it is DTS-HD, but it shows it is only 3:25 in duration and when I select that option, it just goes back to the menu? How do I know it is using the DTS-HD soundtrack?

From the Speed Menu I have :

1. Feature (1:53:48) --> Playlist:815, Video:AVC, Audio:Eng AC3, Span AC3
2. Track 2 (00:07:45) --> Playlist:700, Video:AVC, Aduio:AC3
3. Track 3 (00:03:25) --> Playlist:30, Video:AVC, Audio:Eng DTS-HD

THANKS!

disregard the attachment.....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back