• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enders game

His first statement still stands, if your player software can't play the disc with AnyDVD disabled then it's definitely a player issue, which needs to be fixed by the player software manufacturer

So, you are saying that AnyDVD does not need any kind of update for Ender's Game?

So, you are saying that AnyDVD does not need any kind of update for Ender's Game?
No, that's not what I said, if you actually read the statement the OP says he can't get PDVD 13 or TMT 6 to play the original even with AnyDVD HD disabled. If a commercial software player can't play an original disc without AnyDVD then then the software player needs to be updated. You shouldn't need to have AnyDVD HD to play an original disc in a commercial player

Nice try, but you missed the fact that this is a Summit release which are well known to use playlist obfuscation, and which usually require updates to AnyDVD for new popular titles.

The Counselor US Retail and Grace Unplugged US Retail are not.

So far, it seems that Ender's game is handled by AnyDVD (7.4.2.2) correctly, but it shows a black screen when played back on PowerDVD (?) - whether AnyDVD is involved or not.

From the feedback we've seen here so far, I'm not 100% sure, if

- the original disc
- played back on a software player
- with HDCP compliant equipment

will result in a black screen, but I'll assume that this is the case for now and conclude, that the disc has an authoring bug or a protection bug and that, for playback, you should simply activate AnyDVD's SpeedMenus and all will be fine (or with VLC/XMBC/whatever users, choose the playlist suggested by AnyDVD, which is 821).

(apparently another disc you need AnyDVD for, just to be able to watch it - at all).

I merged some "Ender's Game" threads together and moved some posts here that were posted in the wrong forum.

I'll buy that disc anyway, as I'm curious about the movie, then I'll see for myself.

Last edited:
I'll buy that disc anyway, as I'm curious about the movie, then I'll see for myself.

another curious fact.

Original Disc in a new blu ray player work fine.... al is Ok

When i try to see the movie (with the original disc) in my oldone blu ray just get Loading.... indefinitely and never loaded the movie after pressing "play" on the menu. I assumed it was a firmware problem, aftear an update firmwar for the player, symtom continued

interesting.....

another curious fact.

Original Disc in a new blu ray player work fine.... al is Ok

When i try to see the movie (with the original disc) in my oldone blu ray just get Loading.... indefinitely and never loaded the movie after pressing "play" on the menu. I assumed it was a firmware problem, aftear an update firmwar for the player, symtom continued

interesting.....

On your old player _ lens maybe a bit dirty or the laser is wearing out or both.
Sometime there is a film on the disc itself from manufacturing and the old player can't read through it.

How old is the player _ what make and model number is it ?

The firmware update may also have been older than this disc so may not have fixed any issues this disc may have

Just as a note, and not to hijack the thread, but this disk is from the Redbox rental unit today since it just came to Redbox today. It shows a completely different playlist as being the good one, in this case playlist 815. Previously listed playlist 821 for the non rental version contains a different structure.

Logfile enclosed

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.2_Info_E_ENDERS_GAME.ziplog
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 34
My blu ray rip of Ender's Game seems wonky.

The part where he gets the monitor taken out of his neck (gets shown about four times in various places) and the part where Harrison Ford addresses the kids in the bunk area for the first time (gets shown twice) seems to get replayed a few times at odd times at the beginning of the movie.

Maybe that's how the movie is, though. Don't know for sure. I guess it could just mean the kid is obsession over those events.?.

just got ender's game also and same issue pwdvd13 black screen...doesnt even have menu or anything.

"Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07)
ATAPI IHES1123 ML02 2011/07/28 13:21
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 12066400 sectors (23567 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ENDERS_GAME
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 44
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!"

Honestly I dont always look at Anydvd when im ripping my discs but i do from time to time and ive never seen this "Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!"... I will try to rip the playlist mentioned previously. thanks!

Ziplog posted

I don't know what the correct playlist is. When the disk is played in my ancient standalone Samsung Blu-Ray player (I think it's a BDP-1500), the length shown is 1:53:48. The playlists associated with that length are 00815, 00582, 00610, 00518 according to BDInfo. It will not play on my PC in TMT5 even with AnyDVD not started. TMT5 just says "the disk cannot be played". Not sure if any of that is helpful.

Should I see a suggested playlist here?

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07)
ASUS BC-12B1ST 1.01 2011/04/20 21:37
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 12066400 sectors (23567 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ENDERS_GAME
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 44
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!

This is from the original disk.
View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_D_ENDERS_GAME.ziplog

Playlists 00518, 00582, 00610, 00815

For those who have the options of these playlists I can assure you that 00815 IS the correct playlist! All of these playlists have a run time of 1:53:48 which is the correct run time, however, only 00815 is in the correct order from start to finish.
For those who are still using Anydvd 7.4.2.0, why not try Anydvd 7.4.2.2?

Last edited:
confirmed that 815 shows up as good. i had problems with the disc on 7.4.2.0, when i updated to 7.4.2.2 i was able to demux 815 as normal, whereas on 7.4.2.0 it was returning no audio, no video, no subtitles (in ripbot).

The Sony guys, who frequently read through these threads must be laughing their asses off with all the confusion they cause here.
And yet it's so simple and not really difficult (and at the same time, this protection still has zero effect on piracy, the lowlifes who upload movies usually get it done the day the disc streets).

Starting with AnyDVD 7.4.2.1 (available since end of January), "Ender's Game" is handled correctly, just check the status window. The previous release, unfortunately, didn't.

That's right.

This:

00827.mpls is correct

And this:

Do not comment if you don't know what you're talking about, you are only confusing the problem.
00821.mpls is the correct playlist and it has already been shown that 00827 IS NOT the correct playlist.

confuses the hell out of people.
Please don't ever forget this: the disc title is ambiguous. For this particular one, there are at least 4 different flavors out there and all of these playlists exist as correct ones, 821, 827, 815 and whatever others pop up are all correct for their respective discs.
AnyDVD knows. Period.

My blu ray rip of Ender's Game seems wonky.

All you need is a more recent version of AnyDVD.

just got ender's game also and same issue pwdvd13 black screen...doesnt even have menu or anything.

"Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07)

And you.

I don't know what the correct playlist is.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07)

And you.

Last edited:
Starting with AnyDVD 7.4.2.1 (available since end of January), "Ender's Game" is handled correctly, just check the status window. The previous release, unfortunately, didn't.

All you need is a more recent version of AnyDVD.

Thanks for the info Peer. Where do I get these newer versions? That was the very first thing I checked for. The download page shows 7.4.2.0. I guess I'm still a noob after 3 years.

EDIT: I just checked the stickies. Looks like they're posted there.

Now that I know which playlist to play (815), will TMT5 play it in a newly-ripped ISO? ...or do I need to use Speedmenu so I can pick it myself?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Peer. Where do I get these newer versions? That was the very first thing I checked for. The download page shows 7.4.2.0. I guess I'm still a noob after 3 years.

EDIT: I just checked the stickies. Looks like they're posted there.

Now that I know which playlist to play (815), will TMT5 play it in a newly-ripped ISO? ...or do I need to use Speedmenu so I can pick it myself?

For all we know, this disc won't play with some players at all, original or copy.
So Speedmenus will definitely help.

But you don't have to go through the lengthy process of creating an ISO to find out.
Simply see if the original plays with AnyDVD running in the background. That's the exact same thing you'll get with an ISO.

So with 7.4.2.2 iso rip is accurate?

Then in the first sections of the movie it does jump back to him getting the monitor taken out of his neck about four times?

How are you guys accessing these mpls's (don't know what they are)? Is it you are ripping to folder and then opening certain folders?

I guess it's time I learn more about basic DVD encoding. Sounds like In the file structure is a 'map' of how chapters are put together and the studios put in false maps that put the order incorrectly to stump people?

Okay. I'm off topic but if a quick answer can be had...

Back