• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enders game

THANKS!

Just installed it and re-ripping EG again.

Will report back with results.....

After reading the description again for that BETA release....

Does this mean that I need to install AnyDVD on every PC which I want to watch a movie on so that the movie plays okay?

I rip movies ONLY on my "main" PC, but then transfer those to my HTPC. The HTPC is minimum configuration, meaning there is no SW on it that it doesn't need, so I never installed AnyDVD on it since I do not rip movies with that machine.
Does this mean I have to have AnyDVD loaded to the HTPC as well in order to not get the BLACK SCREEN ?

Thanks

After reading the description again for that BETA release....

Does this mean that I need to install AnyDVD on every PC which I want to watch a movie on so that the movie plays okay?
No.
Where did you read what exactly?

No.
Where did you read what exactly?

7.4.3.2 2014 02 18
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (Blu-ray): Ability to watch discs on a PC which only show a black screen without AnyDVD
A known disc with this problem is the French version of "Les Desmoiselles de Rochefort"
- New (Blu-ray): Added warning to the status window, if a disc will not play on a PC without AnyDVD running

Okay,

Just re-ripped EG with the latest BETA (7.4.3.2 2014 02 18) and still getting the Black Screen on the HTPC.

UHG.

What about my question regarding the Speed Menu (since this works on the HTPC) :

I re-ripped EG using AnyDVD speed menu. This has played so far. My only question is how do I know which audio track it is playing. The menu screen is a bit confusing. It shows that the Main movie is associated with AC3, but there are 2 additional audio tracks below the Feature, one of which says it is DTS-HD, but it shows it is only 3:25 in duration and when I select that option, it just goes back to the menu? How do I know it is using the DTS-HD soundtrack?

From the Speed Menu I have :

1. Feature (1:53:4 --> Playlist:815, Video:AVC, Audio:Eng AC3, Span AC3
2. Track 2 (00:07:45) --> Playlist:700, Video:AVC, Aduio:AC3
3. Track 3 (00:03:25) --> Playlist:30, Video:AVC, Audio:Eng DTS-HD

FIX for Black Screen from TMT6

HOLY CR4P.

I just got it figured out !!!!!!!!!!!

"FIX for Black Screen on Ender's Game Bluray"

I DELETED the file named "persistent.dat" located here:

Documents\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\LocalStorage\BDJ\persistent

After deleting this file I no longer have the black screen when playing Ender's Game Bluray and all is well again!

7.4.3.2 2014 02 18
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (Blu-ray): Ability to watch discs on a PC which only show a black screen without AnyDVD
A known disc with this problem is the French version of "Les Desmoiselles de Rochefort"
- New (Blu-ray): Added warning to the status window, if a disc will not play on a PC without AnyDVD running

Enders Game doesn't have this problem, you won't see the message. Or do you?

"FIX for Black Screen on Ender's Game Bluray"

I DELETED the file named "persistent.dat" located here:

Documents\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\LocalStorage\BDJ\persistent

After deleting this file I no longer have the black screen when playing Ender's Game Bluray and all is well again!

Nice when you figure out the problem on your own. Thanks for sharing the solution to that TMT problem, even though it's not an AnyDVD problem.

So after deleting that file did everything work or did you have to re-install TMT? It sounds like the "persistent.dat" file was either corrupted or invaded by malware.

Last edited:
Nice when you figure out the problem on your own. Thanks for sharing the solution to that TMT problem, even though it's not an AnyDVD problem.

So after deleting that file did everything work or did you have to re-install TMT? It sounds like the "persistent.dat" file was either corrupted or invaded by malware.
Arcsoft Jason would most likely be able to tell you exactly what sort of file that is.
It's just in the My Documents folder anyway, when I have problems with TMT I just delete the whole folder _ TMT creates it again when a new movie is played.
Sometimes BDJ info from other movies conflict with newer versions, causing black screen problems or the player telling people that it needs an update etc.

Last edited:
It sounds like the "persistent.dat" file was either corrupted or invaded by malware.

No, not corrupt nor infected. It just keeps tabs on movies. I noticed it caused the movie "Mud" to do the same thing last night. I went back and deleted the file again (TMT will always create another copy upon TMT startup) and bingo. All good again. No need to re-install.

And without AnyDVD running, now does it play. Sounds like a player issue to me, I suspect you are using some freeware and not PowerDVD or TMT5.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Correct playlist for canada rental disk enders game

The playlist 615 is the correct playlist if you want to compress this to your hard drive with any other utility. The order is as follows according to bdedit:

Total length of movie :153:49

The playlist 615 is the correct playlist if you want to compress this to your hard drive with any other utility. The order is as follows according to bdedit:

AnyDVD already states this in the status window, doesn't it?

Back