• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

EDIT: PAL/USA playback problem Eric Rohmer Bluray Boxset

I just tried a burned ISO on a Sony S1700 bluray player and it doesn't work either. same issue. Copyright video and screen turns black. On my iMac, using external ODD Asus Bluray drive, it works fine on macgo bluray player pro. :X

It seems that on a standalone bluray player, the rips don't work.

I just tried a burned ISO on a Sony S1700 bluray player and it doesn't work either. same issue. Copyright video and screen turns black. On my iMac, using external ODD Asus Bluray drive, it works fine on macgo bluray player pro. :X

It seems that on a standalone bluray player, the rips don't work.

Could you try burning a disc using ImgBurn "Write files/folders to disc" option and see if that makes any difference?

T

Could you try burning a disc using ImgBurn "Write files/folders to disc" option and see if that makes any difference?

T
I have tried that, and "Write image file to disk", and CloneBD. Exact same issue on all the disks using each of these methods.

I have tried that, and "Write image file to disk", and CloneBD. Exact same issue on all the disks using each of these methods.

Ok.

And I just have to ask the obvious. When you "wrote files/folders to disc" or used CloneBD, AnyDVD was running in the background, right?

Yes sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!

Had to ask.

Classic tech support training example. "My flugleheimer still has a black screen when I press "Power"".
"Ok, first, can you check the cord and make sure it's plugged in?"
"... Oh my! Ummmm. Must have come loose...."

Your issue is a strange one.

It really sounds like the discs you are producing somehow still have copy protection on them.

But if AnyDVD is running and you used ImgBurn "files/folders to disc" or CloneBD, I don't see how that can be the case.

EDIT: Wait, when you copied folders in ImgBurn, you included the "ANY!" folder?

T

Yes it is strange indeed. I have been ripping for YEARS criterion blurays with no problem. First time in my archiving collection career that I encounter this. Hopefully this gets resolved by some of the experts here.

Yes it is strange indeed. I have been ripping for YEARS criterion blurays with no problem. First time in my archiving collection career that I encounter this. Hopefully this gets resolved by some of the experts here.

I've never had a problem with a Criterion Collection Blu Ray all these years either.

I'm sure smarter heads will prevail.

Good luck!

T

Can you please provide a log file created from such an already processed and not working disc?

Can you please provide a log file created from such an already processed and not working disc?

Here it is.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.5.2_Info_E_ARBRE MAIRE MEDIATHEQUE_E913DB1A_00000000.ziplog
    94.9 KB · Views: 1
Are you 100% positive, that the copy from which you made this log file doesn't play?
All files are completely untouched and exactly like the original, sole exception: the region code removal, but that is done as it always has been and looks perfectly fine.
Of course I can't comment on the validity of the actual movie stream decryption (m2ts), but since you're saying, that other players play back fine, I have no reason to believe, that there is a problem.

Last edited:
@mbarnstijn

I should have been more specific. When I play the burned disc on windows 10 (with AnyDVD running) using vlc and leawo and on macos (without AnyDVD) using macgo bluray player pro, the burned disc plays just fine. However, when I put the same disc on my ps3 (my main bluray player for years since I've had no issues with it until now) the disc does not proceed beyond the copyright video in the beginning and the screen turns black. Then I decided to burn a different film from the Eric Rohmer collection, and inserted the burned disc on my ps3 and the film played fine, it went into main menu and the main film played fine except for the supplements! Weird! On my PC and MAC, all burned discs play fine!

So I assume that the problem lies with the ps3 itself. It is weird how this problem only shows on this particular boxset and not on my criterion bluray rips. With my Criterion Collection Blurays, I just used imgburn to both read and write the BDs and never had a single problem. I didn't realize that you should use AnyDVD's tool to rip.

I am positive now that there is no problem with AnyDVD's decryption and that it's probably a problem with my ps3.
Let me take a guess:

You are in the US and use an US PS3.
These discs are from Studio Canal and contain some little trailer in the beginning, which may be in encoded in PALish resolution (1080p50? 1080i50?), which either your PS3 or your TV doesn't like.

The solution would be, to use AnyDVD speedmenu, so you can watch the discs on your PS3.

Are you 100% positive, that the copy from which you made this log file doesn't play?
All files are completely untouched and exactly like the original, sole exception: the region code removal, but that is done as it always has been and looks perfectly fine.
Of course I can't comment on the validity of the actual movie stream decryption (m2ts), but since you're saying, that other players play back fine, I have no reason to believe, that there is a problem.

Yes I am 100% positive that the copy bluray from which I made this log file does NOT play on my ps3 slim or the sony standalone bluray player s1700. I cannot get past the copyright warning video in the beginning.

@James The discs are not from Studio Canal. They are from Potemkine. The two trailers the disc plays in the beginning are the copyright video and the publishing company's trailer. When I put my disc initially, my Samsung Plasma shows that the film is 1080 24 fps.

Any other ideas or do I just give up on this?

Yes I am 100% positive that the copy bluray from which I made this log file does NOT play on my ps3 slim or the sony standalone bluray player s1700. I cannot get past the copyright warning video in the beginning.

@James The discs are not from Studio Canal. They are from Potemkine. The two trailers the disc plays in the beginning are the copyright video and the publishing company's trailer. When I put my disc initially, my Samsung Plasma shows that the film is 1080 24 fps.

Any other ideas or do I just give up on this?
The film certainly is 24 fps. But maybe some little mini thing isn't?
Try speedmenu. Or use CloneBD to check or remaster the disc.

The film certainly is 24 fps. But maybe some little mini thing isn't?
Try speedmenu. Or use CloneBD to check or remaster the disc.

I would try this but this doesn't explain why another film I burned from the collection (they all use the same main menu) actually plays just fine, except when I try to play one of the supplements and it doesn't play it.

I would try this but this doesn't explain why another film I burned from the collection (they all use the same main menu) actually plays just fine, except when I try to play one of the supplements and it doesn't play it.
The little mini thing not on all discs? Just use CloneBD and check it. Or use speedmenus. Whatever.

@trashtierart,I suspect that the problem is that some discs in this set are mostly 1080p 25fps throughout, and some are mostly 1080i 25fps, and that certainly there's a mix of main movies and supplements that are one or the other. I think that the PS3 or the TV it's hooked up to may have difficulty with 1080i 25fps encoding.

Certainly most of the files on L'arbre, le maire et la mediatheque are 1080i 25fps, including the main movie. (BDinfo is your friend for these things.) There is one PAL format file, 720x576 25fps, which is the Agnes B.DVD logo clip. There's one and only one 1080p 24fps playlist, with the copyright warning and Potemkine logo clip. As James says, CloneBD will tell you all this, too. CloneBD is free for that use.

@trashtierart, if you could mention which discs have the movies, supplements or menus that don't play (and which supplements), I could do a quick check of the video format of that disc and the various playlists.

Or, perhaps, I've given you enough information already and this has answered your question.

Cheers,

--michael

@trashtierart,I suspect that the problem is that some discs in this set are mostly 1080p 25fps throughout, and some are mostly 1080i 25fps, and that certainly there's a mix of main movies and supplements that are one or the other. I think that the PS3 or the TV it's hooked up to may have difficulty with 1080i 25fps encoding.

Certainly most of the files on L'arbre, le maire et la mediatheque are 1080i 25fps, including the main movie. (BDinfo is your friend for these things.) There is one PAL format file, 720x576 25fps, which is the Agnes B.DVD logo clip. There's one and only one 1080p 24fps playlist, with the copyright warning and Potemkine logo clip. As James says, CloneBD will tell you all this, too. CloneBD is free for that use.

@trashtierart, if you could mention which discs have the movies, supplements or menus that don't play (and which supplements), I could do a quick check of the video format of that disc and the various playlists.

Or, perhaps, I've given you enough information already and this has answered your question.

Cheers,

--michael

I think you are correct! The movies are 1080i 25fps, basically PAL framerates, so a US ps3 won't be able to display it properly. The one film that works, Conte D'Automne, has 24fps, which is why it's working on my ps3.

Thank you for the info! I think I will have to get a bluray player with internal NTSC/PAL conversion. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Last edited:
Back