CloneBD will not move to another monitor on multi monitor setup

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by J.Marie, Jul 11, 2019.

1. J.Marie

J.Marie New Member

I just bought three 1440P monitors to replace three 1080p monitors. CloneBD is the only program which will now not move to another other than the main (middle) monitor. If about 1/4 of CloneBD goes to another screen it will automatically snap back to the main screen. AnyDVD nor any other program/file has this issue.

edit: I also replaced my GTX 1080 video card with a GTX 2080 Ti

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

For me CloneBD traverses monitors without a hitch.
    What is special about CloneBD (vs. AnyDVD for example), is that it automatically adapts to different DPI settings and rescales its size - that can cause complications on multiple monitors when crossing the DPI boundaries.
    So do you maybe have different text scaling settings on your monitors?

3. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I also use a 3 monitor setup and have no issues with CloneBD.

4. J.Marie

J.Marie New Member

All there monitors are 1440p scaled at 125%. its the weirdest things as this is the only program which does it. I never had issues with my previous three 1080p monitor setup. I guess i'll try various settings to see if i can find a cause.

5. Pete

You could create a CloneBD log file (just insert a disc, start converting, abort, then post the log file).
    It contains CloneBD's registry settings, maybe I can see something there.

6. J.Marie

J.Marie New Member

Here's the log file.

Attached Files:

7. Pete

No, nothing special in there - same default settings as mine.
    What you could try to do:
    • rearrange the monitors (see if it makes a difference, if they are logically arranged vertically or horizontally, whether the main monitor is left-most/right-most)
    • See what happens, if you set the scaling to 100% (for all 3 monitors). What of 150%?
    • temporarily disable one monitor
    If you find anything, let us know - maybe we can reproduce it then.