• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come mkv, being one of the most widely known and used containers had not been tackled by Slysoft until now

MKV has in recent years become the standard of choice for downloadable content played back on one's computer, not portable device. Right now, i can't think of any phone or other portable device that can play back mkv files.

So in that vein, CloneDVD Mobile (operative word being "mobile") is geared towards converting DVDs to various portable formats. So it's not a surprise that mkv would be a new addition to it's features.

Slyce however is a different beast however as high definition, high bitrate backups are what mkv excels at and is the container of choice for many users backups. So i would guess that mkv would definitely be a feature of Slyce.

This Slyce software sounds like it is coming across nicely indeed, do Slysoft need any beta testers for it as I contribute to Afterdawn / Whirlpool.net.au / Slysoft Forums, etc. I also have a BD Burner in my laptop (No Cinavia) and willing to let my Sony BD (No Cinavia) do some hard work. Question is will Slyce replace AnyDVD HD or will they still be offered as standalone products? I think Slyce is really going to pack some punch, and especially in the area of Cinavia later on - this application is going to rip shreds from copy protection schemas - cannot wait.

No more beta testers are needed, that was long ago. To answer your question, no slyce will NOT replace anydvd HD. Slyce is clonedvd2 but for blurays, clonedvd2 doesn't decrypt DVDs and neither does slyce decrypt blurays. They're both compression tools, not decrypters.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

No more beta testers are needed, that was long ago. To answer your question, no slyce will NOT replace anydvd HD. Slyce is clonedvd2 but for blurays, clonedvd2 doesn't decrypt DVDs and neither does slyce decrypt blurays. They're both compression tools, not decrypters.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

So in effect Slyce will work in tandem with AnyDVD HD - Sounds like a pretty powerful software package which both of these running. Cant wait.

So in effect Slyce will work in tandem with AnyDVD HD - Sounds like a pretty powerful software package which both of these running. Cant wait.

From what I read about the capabilities of Slyce it will do for Bluray discs what CloneDVD AND CloneDVD Mobile do for standard definition DVDs.

Slyce may finally get me into backing up BDs as much as I backup DVDs now. ;)

Does anybody have any feeling if this will support MP4 for iPads, iPhones, etc..

Thanks

Does anybody have any feeling if this will support MP4 for iPads, iPhones, etc..

Thanks
Will Slyce convert *to* MP4? Not confirmed, but the OP says it will convert to mobile formats so it seems likely. Even if MP4 itself isn't in the initial release, I suspect it'll be added later.

Will Slyce convert DRMed Apple files? NO, silly rabbit; Slyce is for BDs. :p:D

erm.. and why not?

Thanks

It would be pretty silly on our part to offer mobile format processing for Blu-Rays like CloneDVD mobile does for DVDs and *not* include MP4/M4V, no?

In fact, to give you all a look behind the curtain, the present update/modification blitz in CloneDVD mobile is the run-up for the entry level of that module of code to be used in Slyce for mobile formats with better authoring error-tolerance. Very soon CDm will have its new engine and this will be the entry-level engine for that part of Slyce.

So before we get inundated with questions about all possible devices and formats let's settle this with the intent that Slyce will process BluRays the way CloneDVD mobile does DVDs to many, many possible formats.

Last edited:
Will SlyCE be able to stream using DLNA (or UPNP) on the fly, like MakeMKV attempts & fails to do? That would be sweet.

Blu-ray to DVD

What I am looking for is a single tool that will convert a Blu-ray to DVD. Will Slyce be able to do that? I see that DVDFab has a tool to do this, but I much prefer your tools.

Not likely here

What I am looking for is a single tool that will convert a Blu-ray to DVD. Will Slyce be able to do that? I see that DVDFab has a tool to do this, but I much prefer your tools.

I do not think we will support that, at least not at the very beginning.

To the best of my knowledge there is no really simple "click once" way to do that.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=35963 was one such discussion.

It Ain't 1 click

BD ReBuilder after configuration will convert BR to standard DVD format.

BD ReBuilder after configuration will convert BR to standard DVD format.

Indeed. I've done a few myself. Impressive results, but I'd rather stick with 1080P ;)

I finally bought the lifetime key for Anydvd HD. I hope that helps you guys in your efforts, for releasing Slyce :D

It does indeed for movie only, would be awesome if slyce could pull it off for the entire disc. Though that would be a massive challenge to overcome

It would be pretty silly on our part to offer mobile format processing for Blu-Rays like CloneDVD mobile does for DVDs and *not* include MP4/M4V, no?

In fact, to give you all a look behind the curtain, the present update/modification blitz in CloneDVD mobile is the run-up for the entry level of that module of code to be used in Slyce for mobile formats with better authoring error-tolerance. Very soon CDm will have its new engine and this will be the entry-level engine for that part of Slyce.

So before we get inundated with questions about all possible devices and formats let's settle this with the intent that Slyce will process BluRays the way CloneDVD mobile does DVDs to many, many possible formats.

Sounds good, cannot wait :)

Are there any plans to include queuing mechanisms within the software? For example, will we be able to select a number of files to convert from different directories in batch mode?

well can't wait to buy and give it a try...but most likely I would buy the LTL just cause all of my slysoft and elebyte have LTL as well so going LTL on all isn't a big trouble. The money spent LTL for BlueRay would be a well spent money. Like the looks but waiting for Final release to give it a whirl...:clap:

Backup 3D blu-ray with Slyce?

Will Slyce be able to back up 3D movies to either:
a) BD25
b) MKV (preferably using MVC)

If not at initial release, is this planned for a future release?

Thanks.

about a) i'll try that out soon. Got a couple 3D discs that are either 3D only or 3D & 2D combo. about b) very likely, but not available yet in my limited functionality version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back