• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3D mkv thing will present an issue for playback. But that's not Slyce's issue to worry about. :D

The 3D mkv thing will present an issue for playback. But that's not Slyce's issue to worry about. :D

Yes, my personal preference is MVC format but I guess it makes sense to have a '3D Format' option (SBS or MVC).

I know my TV supports SBS - not sure about MVC as I currently have nothing in that format to try. The important thing if transcoding to SBS is please do not half the resolution to fit both frames in.

One feature I've been searching for in the BD ream is that provided by DVDDecryter (I'm old I know) for DVDs with the ability to break a disk up by chapter. This is a great feature for Music Videos discs as you can then import, tag and play video tracks just like a CD. Is this a possibility?

Thanks for clearing up that BD to standard DVD will not be included in the initial release. I am hoping it is eventually added in because I would like to use Slyce as a one stop solution and I have some DVD players that I still use.

Also because I'm not completely happy yet with either BD_Rebuilder or MultiAVCHD when they convert to DVD (if I add in additional subtitle languages using TSMuxer, BD_Rebuilder does not convert them correctly, and MultiAVCHD does not indicate the subtitle language names when it converts to DVD). Of course, for those who don't care about subtitles those programs work fine.

Sorry, I do not speak English...

I think I got excited too soon when you opened this topic. I thought the launch would be immediately Slyce.

I do not understand much about the stages of development of software, anyone could tell me if it is in its final stage? and if so, are giving errors Slyce?

I understand this is not known when will Slyce sale, but it sure Slysoft about the team has thought to do some dates.
We could advance the farthest date that target, so you know how long we would be up waiting.

Last edited:
Sorry, I do not speak English...

I think I got excited too soon when you opened this topic. I thought the launch would be immediately Slyce.

I do not understand much about the stages of development of software, anyone could tell me if it is in its final stage? and if so, are giving errors Slyce?

I understand this is not known when will Slyce sale, but it sure Slysoft about the team has thought to do some dates.
We could advance the farthest date that target, so you know how long we would be up waiting.

they've told us "patience". that's your date :p

idd, but i think it's safe to say they are nearing it's final stage, since they have issued a request to all translators for their locale of the program. NOTE: the NEARING part. I'm not saying it's finished. Oh and homerbob, slysoft doesnt do release dates, not even estimates. Ya can't disappoint ppl then if said estimated dates goes by without a product release.

ok as Persian proverb:

Patience is a tree of bitter root but sweet fruit

waiting.....

Image Quality with Slyce

Excuse me if I missed the following elsewhere in this thread.

As a lifetime subsciber and longterm user of both AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD, I am awaiting the release of Slyce with great expectations!

Can I assume that Slyce will offer the option of copying to both single layer and dual layer BD discs?

If so, what are your observations regarding the image quality of using a compressed version of a film that would fit on a single layer (25GB) vs uncompressed on a dual layer (50GB)?

With CloneDVD, I have always opted for whatever would give me 100 so as to maximize the image quality at a reasonable level of expense.

However, with dual layer BDs still "pricey", the question of compressing onto a single layer BD needs to be addressed.

Thanks in advance for your comments/observations.

Can I assume that Slyce will offer the option of copying to both single layer and dual layer BD discs?

If so, what are your observations regarding the image quality of using a compressed version of a film that would fit on a single layer (25GB) vs uncompressed on a dual layer (50GB)?

do u have read ANYTHING in this thread?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Your first question about the options is listed in the very first post. I suggest that you take a look there first. If you had, that question wouldn't have been asked. The second question about quality well be's contain more details then the human eye can make out and at a very high bitrate. If you compress something there is always some loss, however with blurays that is not detectable due to the high source bitrate. (Take a moonlight at bd - rebuilder) i can't speak for slyce just yet as my limited functionality does not encode (i tried it), it was mentioned for translation purposes only. This thread will get updated if there is new info

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

do u have read ANYTHING in this thread?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
Moonie,

Clearly the following opening sentence did not translate very well:

"Excuse me if I missed the following elsewhere in this thread."

I clearly did miss this info in the opening thread or I would not have requested the info.

The correct, response using common courtesy would have been along the lines of:

"That single/dual layer info is in the opening thread".

I would like to think that civility still has a place in this world in an open forum such as this.

Your first question about the options is listed in the very first post. I suggest that you take a look there first. If you had, that question wouldn't have been asked. The second question about quality well be's contain more details then the human eye can make out and at a very high bitrate. If you compress something there is always some loss, however with blurays that is not detectable due to the high source bitrate. (Take a moonlight at bd - rebuilder) i can't speak for slyce just yet as my limited functionality does not encode (i tried it), it was mentioned for translation purposes only. This thread will get updated if there is new info

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
Thanks for the following chastisement:

"If you had, that question wouldn't have been asked. "

I did not understand your limitations regarding your use of the program, so please excuse my asking the compression question which, the way it was written, would indicate to most people that I have a better than general understanding of image quality even to the point of knowing that visually there is not a great deal of "eye" difference between 720 and 1080 on most reasonable sized screens.

So as to not upset you and Moonie any further with my apparent waste of forum time and space, I will withold any further questions until a SlySoft rep is present with updated release information.

I trust this will help both of you sleep more comfortably knowing I have been thoroughly put in my proper place.

No reply is necessary.

it may be blunt but the info you wanted about wich compression options will be possible IS in the first post under section II. Have you actually read the first point and not simply hit the reply button? Iif you want to wait for a slysoft rep well you can be waiting for a very long time. They usually don't give info on something that isnt ready.

it may be blunt but the info you wanted about wich compression options will be possible IS in the first post under section II. Have you actually read the first point and not simply hit the reply button? Iif you want to wait for a slysoft rep well you can be waiting for a very long time. They usually don't give info on something that isnt ready.

Yes, you are absolutely correct and once again I clearly state "Mea Culpa", in that I (also) clearly missed it in my initial reading. However, I didn't just "jump" to the reply button.

You have both made me feel so welcome.

I promise you both that I will expend my clearly limited mental faculties to their maximum extent in the future so as to not waist the incredibly valuable time of this portion of the forum.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa (and I not even Catholic)!

Please, no further replies so as to not waste the valuable time of others searching here for credible information.

I have nothing else to say.

Slyce translated into Portuguese Brazil:

I may speak/write good ol' "murrican", but this is cool. Nice to see how this Slyce thing is proceeding.

Yay Slysoft

Haven't been by lately but thought I'd check in and see what was going on in the BR backup arena. I haven't bought any BR equiptment yet because I have not adjusted to (and am not terribly fond of) the idea that Sony'$ $tandard was accepted by the standards commitee. I've kept an eye sony's tactics to get their standards accepted throughout the VHS, CD and DVD generations and it seems they have won this time.

But here we all are in 2012 awaiting a great new slysoft product. This thread has been a most interesting read. Thank you to the contributors and the monitors of this thread.

Whisperer

Great to see this new product. Have had Slysoft CloneDVD, AnyHD with lifetime keys for...well..a long time. Not sure why there is a need to compress to a 25GB disc when a 50GB disc is under $4 on e.... but I'm sure someone needs that app. Be nice to back up my BR 3D discs with all Slysoft products instead of ripping to hard drive with Any then burning with that un-named software. Eagerly awaiting Slyce.

$4 is rather expensive if you can get single layers for under $1, besides the bitrate used by is bigger then needed and details used in a blu-ray disc are better then the human eye is capable of seeing. When done right (with the proper tools) you can decrease the size of a blu-ray disc by more then half without even impacting the visual quality. You oughta take a look at BD-Rebuilder, the freeware alternative till Slyce comes out. That's exactly what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back