• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

P.S. That whole thing about chapters is complete and total nonsense so don't waste your time.

SlySoft has said it's their intention to remove Cinavia but it won't be added to AnyDVD. It will most likely find its way into CloneBD which is still in development and has no ETA.

omg, I can't believe that ppl are still talking about "removing chapters to fix Cinavia" after not only being totally nonsense, but being told to be so several times. :bang:

Oh, Hai there guizes. :clap:

I bought my PS3 with the express purpose of using it mainly as a media center and secondly, a gaming console; After all, it does everything.

Much to my dismay, this cinavia Bull Hockey starts to pop up on random videos.
From memory, I can tell you that it's been used in R5 Robin Hood, (read br/r5)The Losers, R5 The Wolfman, ts copy of shutter island (though theres others free of it), and the newly r5 Splice w/ cam audio.

Since this is about the only googled thread that I could find, I'll try to compile a list during my sea faring adventures. Can I post direct names of the releases?

I've read that you can disable chapters on the DRM riddled movie and it'll fix the problem. I've yet to try it out though.

By guize, i haz no screenshotz. I haz a pic of my snake. that do?
cutesnake1thumb1.jpg

Are these all original discs or are they downloads from somewhere?

please take photos of those movies with the cinavia message on screen, preferably try and get the filenames of the movies to display at the same time if possible.

Interestingly, at least one downloaded copy of The Wolfman was reported to have Cinavia back in March: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2010/03/03/new_cinavia_drm_takes_aim_at_pirates

There was a link to a list of devices which detect Cinavia in that article but the link is no longer active. Browsing the website in the link however, I found this: It seems they have a Windows library available for detecting Cinavia that is available to their customers to detect the watermark: http://www.verance.com/products/av_fd_win.php

I wonder if ArcSoft and Cyberlink are customers yet.

Last edited:
Neither does my Runaways. So don't know about that one. Maybe someone with a rental copy can test...
I tested with a bd copy, I'll rip it to avi, maybe I get Cinavia that way.

I finally got to test an avi rip of Runaways, made from the BD. No Cinavia. So unless there is another variant (a rental) of The Runaways BD, it does not have Cinavia.

In order to avoid confusion, whoever encounters Cinavia message, should state if it was Message 1 or 3!

Well as I suspect they were all pirated movies you downloaded(which is frowned on here) I wouldn't be surprised if they had Cinavia. So far on Blu-ray we only have 1 confirmed, everything else seems to be from dodgy pirated files, so until we get more real confirmation from reliable sources I wouldn't get hung up about it. We only want Confirmation from people who have the actual original disc who have backed it up them selves and then had the issue not some vague possibility from some unknown downloaded source.

I finally got to test an avi rip of Runaways, made from the BD. No Cinavia. So unless there is another variant (a rental) of The Runaways BD, it does not have Cinavia.

In order to avoid confusion, whoever encounters Cinavia message, should state if it was Message 1 or 3!
Maybe you should remove it from the list then or at least put a comment about your copy not having it

Just jumping into this thread (haven't read it all), but wanted to mention:

Being pitifully (although thankfully) slow at upgrading my PS3, it's still running firmware 3.01. I just watched The Losers ripped via AnyDVD and burned to a BD-RE, and it played perfectly.... So this confirms that firmwares up to 3.01 (at least) don't have the Cinavia protection in them.

I wasn't sure if that was confirmed for certain or not, so I thought I'd mention it... ;)

for post #1

firmware for the Sony BDP S300

firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)

Just jumping into this thread (haven't read it all), but wanted to mention:

Being pitifully (although thankfully) slow at upgrading my PS3, it's still running firmware 3.01. I just watched The Losers ripped via AnyDVD and burned to a BD-RE, and it played perfectly.... So this confirms that firmwares up to 3.01 (at least) don't have the Cinavia protection in them.
Consider your self lucky and don't ever upgrade past 3.01 if you don't have to.

You can add the Samsung bd-p1590 to the list of players not supporting Cinavia, at least with the firmware I'm running (current as of about two months ago I think). Played fine on the Samsung, received error message 3 on my PS3.

Consider your self lucky and don't ever upgrade past 3.01 if you don't have to.

I don't really play games on my PS3, I just have it for Blu-ray, but it does mean I can't use it to get onto the Playstation store anymore (but, obviously, it's been a long time since I did that anyway...)

I have to watch out for Sony Blu-rays that include the firmware updates on the discs (and require them to play the disc). Those will have to be ripped and have the firmware removed first...

I don't really play games on my PS3, I just have it for Blu-ray, but it does mean I can't use it to get onto the Playstation store anymore (but, obviously, it's been a long time since I did that anyway...)

I have to watch out for Sony Blu-rays that include the firmware updates on the discs (and require them to play the disc). Those will have to be ripped and have the firmware removed first...

Yea, it's not just blu-rays that you have to be careful of. Well, in your case that may be all, but, for anyone that plays games please note that they can also force updates on you if you're not careful. Basically Sony can force an update whenever they want now which is insane. IMO, it makes the PS3 less attractive as a BD player.

You can add the Samsung bd-p1590 to the list of players not supporting Cinavia, at least with the firmware I'm running (current as of about two months ago I think). Played fine on the Samsung, received error message 3 on my PS3.

Will you please verify which exact FW you have. I just bought a 1590 and it has a pretty old FW. 1.04 and I'd like to update with a more current one that is still cinavia free.:)

Back