• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

I'm with Samu on this one as we had a few scene releases in the past have Cinavia, but it was not found on their retail releases. A couple that come to mind are "The Runaways" and "The Wolfman", and IIRC, someone even said they found some "Shutter Island" scene releases that had the protection although none of those had it once they hit retail. So while that information may be useful to those who care about scene releases (which I imagine are few around here), it ultimately proves nothing. And like Samu above, this comment is not directed at any person in particular, just making a point. :)

If I remember right, it didn't matter. It has to be played for 20 minutes anywhere in the movie.

damn .. if there would be a mark someone could upload the "infected" part of the movie, only some megabyte and everybody can test it. but if samurihl is right, its useless :-(

damn .. if there would be a mark someone could upload the "infected" part of the movie, only some megabyte and everybody can test it. but if samurihl is right, its useless :-(

Yea, it's embedded throughout the entire audio stream. It can be detected in any part of it. Good times, yea? :D

This has already been mentioned a few posts earlier, but the files they're checking this from are encodes so best to wait until the Retail copies come out as we went through this with other films already which turned out not to have it on.

I have made a BD-5 ISO file of the Losers DTS-MA track with a blank Video - it's about 3.1 GB and can be burned onto a DVD-R..

I sent it to Hotfile.com - if anyone wants to download it in order to test for Cinavia on their player please shoot me an email.

I would appreciate it if someone that does have a Cinavia player could download it and confirm the disc does trigger the Cinavia..

mrkeysersose@gmail.com

We already know that it triggers Cinavia, that's why it's on the first post.

We already know that it triggers Cinavia, that's why it's on the first post.

Yes I know - I want to be sure MY copy with NO video will trigger it so that people don't waste their time downloading this version..

I dont have a way to test the disc for this..

Yes I know - I want to be sure MY copy with NO video will trigger it so that people don't waste their time downloading this version..

I dont have a way to test the disc for this..
What do you mean? Do you mean you're wanting to post a copy of the full film on the internet for others to download?

Then we already know it has cinavia, it's the one mentioned in the very first post

Then we already know it has cinavia, it's the one mentioned in the very first post

dont you get it already??

I *KNOW* the original disc HAS Cinavia and there is a VERY VERY high probability that the disc I made also has it..

However...

It is also POSSIBLE - but I think unlikely - that my copy doesnt trigger the Cinavia because it doesnt have any video..

I'm simply asking someone to verify that my disc does trigger it - this way I can be assured that should I use my disc to test on a BR player I plan on buying I will know for sure whether or not it has the Cinavia detection in it..

the same applies to anyone else grabbing my disc and trying it on their player at home..

dont you get it already??

I *KNOW* the original disc HAS Cinavia and there is a VERY VERY high probability that the disc I made also has it..

However...

It is also POSSIBLE - but I think unlikely - that my copy doesnt trigger the Cinavia because it doesnt have any video..

I'm simply asking someone to verify that my disc does trigger it - this way I can be assured that should I use my disc to test on a BR player I plan on buying I will know for sure whether or not it has the Cinavia detection in it..

the same applies to anyone else grabbing my disc and trying it on their player at home..

Yea, I get it. What I don't get is why you didn't take the time to convert it to 2 channel AAC or something smaller. Why make someone grab a 3 gig image when a couple hundred meg will suffice just as well?

simply because I dont know that every player will behave the same way..

what if some players only trigger the cinavia protection on the lossless tracks?

I ultimately only care about the hires lossless track - if any workaround forces me to down rez the audio to circumvent it then that is not going to be acceptable..

I'm making it quite clear the file size up front

if someone else wants to make a small stereo only file to save download time/volumes please go ahead..

Every player that supports Cinavia is going to detect it in every format you convert it to. That's kind of the point. If you're concerned that maybe a player doesn't support AAC, for example, then make a small AC3 or DTS file out of it. To give you an idea of how robust this idiotic protection is, I spent 3 days converting it and trying every conceivable combination imaginable, even going so far as to splice the DTS core of the DTS-HD MA track into the DVD version of the movie and it STILL was detected. Trust me when I say compressing it to a smaller format ain't gonna hurt the detection process one bit.

Did you try -speedup and -slowdown in eac3to to slightly change the pitch?

Makes no difference if you use blank video or not, it's embedded in the audio track, and that's what triggers it. That's why if you record something completely different and have the audio just playing in the background it still triggers it. This protection has nothing to do with what's in the video stream at all.

Every player that supports Cinavia is going to detect it in every format you convert it to. That's kind of the point. If you're concerned that maybe a player doesn't support AAC, for example, then make a small AC3 or DTS file out of it. To give you an idea of how robust this idiotic protection is, I spent 3 days converting it and trying every conceivable combination imaginable, even going so far as to splice the DTS core of the DTS-HD MA track into the DVD version of the movie and it STILL was detected. Trust me when I say compressing it to a smaller format ain't gonna hurt the detection process one bit.

yeah this one's a tough nut to crack - no one ever overcame this watemark on DVD-A..

I have gone through the process of converting my entire surround music collection (DVD-A, Sacd, Quad albums) all over to BD-Audio - so that I could standardize on BR players, and play any BD-Audio disc on any surround system in the house, and also not worry if support for DVD-A eventually ends..

I suspect also that a Cinavia enabled BR player would no longer play any DVD-A discs I converted over to BD-A..

:(

Back