• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Hey SamuriHL:
When you were testing Losers, could you just jump to about 17 minutes and wait for the 20 minute mark for Cinavia to kick in, or did you have to actually play it for 20 minutes?

I'll test it on all the players around me if I can, but waiting 20 minutes every time might get old... :D

If I remember right, it didn't matter. It has to be played for 20 minutes anywhere in the movie.

Heh, well definitely saw the message on my work PS3 (latest fw)... I'm never updating my home one! :D

However:
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 running fw 1.30 played the movie for 35 minutes with no problem. This is one of the new 3D players...

Rik

However:
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 running fw 1.30 played the movie for 35 minutes with no problem. This is one of the new 3D players...

Rik

Sounds good! I don't believe any Panasonic players are affected yet, but of course I'm just pulling that out of my ass (verification needed!).

What the HELL is a "work PS3"?!?!?!?!? :D

The one sitting on my desk at work, of course! Not actually mine though, and the company keeps it updated with the latest firmwares, so I figured I'd throw the disc in and see what Cinavia actually does...

It's my personal Blu-ray QC station, and I wouldn't accept anything less than a PS3! 8)

(I'm a DVD/Blu-ray author.)

The one sitting on my desk at work, of course! Not actually mine though, and the company keeps it updated with the latest firmwares, so I figured I'd throw the disc in and see what Cinavia actually does...

It's my personal Blu-ray QC station, and I wouldn't accept anything less than a PS3! 8)

(I'm a DVD/Blu-ray author.)

NICE! Damn that rocks. :)

Yeah I would have to say I could deal with that job as well.

Hajj_3: I just wanted to say as an update, it was me who tested on the LG BD550 and confirmed that it does have Cinavia. It cuts out at exactly 20 minutes. The audio goes out for about 15 seconds then comes back for 15, then goes out for 15, etc. And I also wanted to share the firmware version that was used to test this. The "Software Information" tab on the BD550 states as follows:

Main Version: BD.8.31.283.C
Servo Version: H80591 (H08SAN)

So I have no idea which number is the actual firmware version, maybe someone can chime in here and clarify. I was just hoping you could add this to the main post. Thanks.

does anyone know if the panasonic dmp-bd85 is affected with latest firmware 1.50 ? Contacted panasonic a few days ago but no answer as of yet.

BTW, checked a Netflix rental version of The Runaways, no protection... (I don't think Sony does special rental versions anyway...) Maybe they put it on a screener copy or something, but it doesn't seem that any retail version has it.

The latest version of Windvd Pro (10.0.5.536) is not cinavia aware. :disagree:

Sorry, just got around to checking the firmware on the Samsung BD-P1590. It's BEv2.08_100319A_XAA, which is the latest I suppose as it didn't find anything newer when I checked for an update.

By the way does anyone own and/or know about the Vizio VBR100 is affected by Cinavia? TigerDirect had a decent deal on them and I grabbed one for another room.

Following up, the Vizio VBR100 is unaffected by Cinavia as well.

And, afaik, we still only have one disc with it on there. I'd have expected a couple more by now, but, it seems we were looking at a market test with The Losers. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Sorry, just got around to checking the firmware on the Samsung BD-P1590. It's BEv2.08_100319A_XAA, which is the latest I suppose as it didn't find anything newer when I checked for an update.
Thanks for the info, I'll go and update. I know that the 1590 and the 1600 share the same FW, Samsung shows v2.09 as the latest. I'll hold off on 2.09 for now. :)

i can confirm that Karate Kid has the protection as well. Ive tried several of the scene-releases... 1080p, 720p etc.. For example The Karate Kid 2010 PROPER 1080p BluRay DTS x264-METiS

Wouldnt removing the upper sound frequency range of the movie remove the protection?

Last edited:
Scene releases don't count for jack in my book. I couldn't care less what they contain or not. There's absolutely no guarantee they come from a retail blu-ray disc which is all anyone should actually care about. Since that disc isn't released in the US until October 5, we'll be waiting a while before anyone gets their hands on the ACTUAL retail disc. Some people are able to get them a few weeks early. It's possible "the scene" managed to get their hands on an early release of the retail blu-ray, but, we can't confirm that. If this protection affects scene releases, I couldn't care less. If it affects our ability to backup legally purchased blu-rays, then I care greatly.

(Please don't think my post is directed at you for posting that info. It's not. I realize you're just posting what you know about Cinavia and that's totally fine. I just hate so called "scene releases" as they're doing more harm than good to the rest of us trying to use our legally purchased material.)

Back