• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

I rented "The Losers", region A, from Blockbuster. Ripped to hard drive in folder format {with AnyDVD HD} then burned to BD-25 using Imgburn. Watched in a Sony BDP-S550 {firmware 020 which is the latest). No Cinavia warnings. I also have the Sony BDP-S570 with the latest firmware that I will try tomorrow.

Last edited:
With a backup copy of Losers, I played it on my PS3 and right at around 15:48 I got the Cinavia message. I bought a brand new Sony BDP-S370 from Best Buy 2 days ago, tried the same disc on there and have not got any Cinavia message. I haven't finished watching the movie but I got 40 minutes into it without any Cinavia warning. The firmware on the S370 is M03.R.315

some players take 45mins to show the warning, so you'd really need to watch 1hr to be sure there isn't protection.

it wasn't the ps3, i can't remember which standalone it was, had a quick look through some forums but couldn't see where i read it. If i find it again i'll post a link.

Whoever is controlling post 1

Corrections and additions

1. Sony S301 firmware is 5.30 and latest is 5.40 not what is shown
2. Sony S300 is missing and exactly the same as S301
3. Sony S560 firmware version is 007 and latest and Cinavia free.

have you tried the S300 yourself? I've updated the others, i messed up with the firmware versions with the 301:(

it wasn't the ps3, i can't remember which standalone it was, had a quick look through some forums but couldn't see where i read it. If i find it again i'll post a link.

Uhhhhhhh. I didn't know that! If you can find the source of that information I'd be very interested. All the software players I tested I only let them run about 30 minutes. I was under the impression it was always detected in 20 or so minutes (not exact, but still close). If that's not the case more extensive testing is going to be needed. :bang:

Just watched my backup on the Sony BDP-S570 with latest firmware (M04.R.624). No Cinavia message.

According to a post from Fengtao on doom9 pointing to a thread on his forum (of which I'm not going to link to here but wanted to make sure he gets credit for this info), 2 more players can be added to the list:

Pioneer BDP-V6000
Marantz UD5005

Again, credit to Fengtao for pointing this out.

According to a post from Fengtao on doom9 pointing to a thread on his forum (of which I'm not going to link to here but wanted to make sure he gets credit for this info), 2 more players can be added to the list:

Pioneer BDP-V6000
Marantz UD5005

Again, credit to Fengtao for pointing this out.

Concerning the Pioneer, this was pointed out 2 weeks ago here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=271175&postcount=239

which may well be the source of his knowlege ;)
It simply never got confirmed by anyone who actually owns it.

i assume these 2 players are ones that DONT have Cinavia?

@ hajj3
Sony S300 and S301 are the same units. Sony built the S301 for Costco (big chain discount seller in region A) all internal parts are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching The Losers ISO with TMT3 185, so you can put that in the screw Cinavia category for sure now.

Concerning the Pioneer, this was pointed out 2 weeks ago here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=271175&postcount=239

which may well be the source of his knowlege ;)
It simply never got confirmed by anyone who actually owns it.

or this http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=270641&postcount=94 :p

tbh: my source was Google, just searched for "cinavia notice", duh

And I think that if some manufacturer decides to have a Cinavia Notice in the manual of a player, it's quite clear that it supports it; it only remains to be established what version of the firmware has it.
I would expect the other way around, to have it in the firmware and be lazy to update the manual...

WD TV Mini: Not tested

WD TV HD (1st Gen.): The Losers did not cause any problems; latest FW v1.03.01

WD TV HD (2nd Gen.): The Losers did not cause any problems; old FW v1.01.70

WD TV Live HD (1st Gen.): The Losers did not cause any problems; latest beta FW v1.03.35

WD TV Live Plus HD (2nd Gen.): The Losers did not cause any problems; latest (and so far, only) FW v1.03.29

How about on sony bdps350 id this unit cinavia free or cinavia is active!!!!!!!

I edited your post for bad language and toning down the size of your highly bolded text. Bad language is definitely not tolerated here so please watch yours. :policeman: Thanks!

Back