• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

The official BDP9x-33-1216 firmware for the Oppo BDP-93 released on December 17, 2010 does not appear to add Cinavia enforcement to the player. I gave it over 30 minutes to kick in and it didn't.

Sony BDP-S570. M04.R.708 has been out a while. I just tested it against The Karate Kid (US Region) and have not had any issues with it 30 minutes into it. They recently came out with firmware M04.R.735 . I'll have to check it against it as well. Do you think Sony allows you to downgrade firmwares if needed?

Sony BDP-S570. M04.R.708 has been out a while. I just tested it against The Karate Kid (US Region) and have not had any issues with it 30 minutes into it. They recently came out with firmware M04.R.735 . I'll have to check it against it as well. Do you think Sony allows you to downgrade firmwares if needed?

I've had some Sony devices that allowed firmware updates, but none of them allowed me to go back to the older version (standalone DVD recorders and a Sony MP4 Walkman). Once you change it, you're stuck with it, at least through normal procedures. Maybe going into service mode would do, not sure about it though, I'm not a technician.
Your best bet? Go to a place such as Walmart, check firmware version and test it with a home cooked disc. That's what I do before buying anyway, and sales people are as curious as we are for that kind of thing so they always let you try. :D

The question is how much of a variance in audio sync is required in order to "fool" cinavia detection. Interesting approach, even if it was accidental. :D

If discs weren't so expensive I would try. OK, maybe I will when I get a rewritable disc.
The amount of milliseconds out of sync would have to be high enough to fool the system, but low enough so it won't be annoying. That way we could restore balance to The Force :D
Any advice about what disc brand/reference should I use?

I don't see how a variance in audio sync will make a difference. If cinavia is supposed to be triggered even if it's just playing in the background when you're recording a home movie with the TV on or with a handycam in a cinema how is it going to know then what it's supposed to be synced too?

Cinavia Protection

Greetins... anydvd hd family. To give you an update about movies that have the Cinavia protection is The Karate Kid 2010... and Salt. :(

Greetins... anydvd hd family. To give you an update about movies that have the Cinavia protection is The Karate Kid 2010... and Salt. :(

We know. Resident Evil Afterlife will also have it.

Pioneer BDP-LX52

I can confirm the Pioneer BDP-LX52 with firmware 3.34a does NOT have Cinavia. I've played 36 minutes of Salt without a glitch.

Last edited:
Does this "Boxee Box" play original retail Blu-ray discs (including menus)? If not, then it won't have or need Cinavia.

If you burn a Blue Ray movie without menus will this disable Cinavia? a buddy of mine said (The Other Guys) has this Cinavia crap on his PS3. Now I'm not sure if it will play on my Blue Ray player sony BDV-T10/E300 I will soon find out.

If you burn a Blue Ray movie without menus will this disable Cinavia? a buddy of mine said (The Other Guys) has this Cinavia crap on his PS3. Now I'm not sure if it will play on my Blue Ray player sony BDV-T10/E300 I will soon find out.

No. The question you were quoting was to see if the Boxee was a licensed AACS-LA device. If it is, then they'd be forced to implement Cinavia at some point. If it isn't, and it can't play BD's, then, there's no requirement for Cinavia to be implemented. That's all he was asking for.

I don't see how a variance in audio sync will make a difference. If cinavia is supposed to be triggered even if it's just playing in the background when you're recording a home movie with the TV on or with a handycam in a cinema how is it going to know then what it's supposed to be synced too?
Dude, I don't know, but it happened with my Salt back up. Out of synk it worked in my Cinavia infected PS3. With perfect sync it didn't. do your math. I'm telling the truth.

Dude, I don't know, but it happened with my Salt back up. Out of synk it worked in my Cinavia infected PS3. With perfect sync it didn't. do your math. I'm telling the truth.

Can you please elaborate on (what you think) you've done? I've read your claim of 1/2 second out of sync, but can you elaborate on what tools (step by step).

If you play back audio without video then you get the message.

Last edited:
cinavia

i've tried a couple of things with takers. i have a ps3 with 3.55 firmware. i converted to dvd and played it 20 minutes in the cinavia kicked in. made a m2ts file with tsmuxer burned as a data disc and played fine. i also can stream it from my computer fine. but the converted dvd will not play

There's no 'math' to do. Cinavia is designed to kick in no matter how the proper audio is played. I've tried it with out any video, recorded on a handy cam from my TV and with it out of sync from the original and it always kicks in.

cinavia on ps3

adbear try turning it into a m2ts file. i did this with takers and it played on my ps3 no problems with dolby digital. getting ready to try resident evil afterlife with dts will keep posted

cinavia

okay tried m2ts file with the dts audio. no audio. then tried avchd with dts audio. audio played but no picture. then tried bluray sturucture video but no dts audio. so my ps3 must not handle dts very well and yes i have a surround sound with a dts decoder. am now trying a m2ts file with ac3 audio. i extracted the dts with tsmuxer and ran it through eac3to and set it to 640 kbits and 6 channels ac3 dolby digital. the ac3 is just as loud as the dts. i can only turn my reciever up to about 14. i mean it will go to 70 if i want to repace my windows. will watch and report back. but evidently the audio has to be ac3 in the m2ts file.

cinavia and ps3

alright i can confirm that this method works for the ps3. i tried resident evil afterlife watched 40 minutes and no warnings. i know it's a couple extra steps but it's the only thing we have for now

Back