• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Can anyone direct me to purchase a cheap blu-ray player that has Cinavia or media streamer (hardware) that has the Cinavia?

I have the BD-590, and with the latest firmware, doesn't have the protection. I want it strictly for test purposes.. but don't feel like buying a PS3 for this purpose.

Thanks

You could buy an LG BD550/560 and flash it with an earlier firmware, some of the firmwares older than v300 have it. Those players are relatively cheap.

You could buy an LG BD550/560 and flash it with an earlier firmware, some of the firmwares older than v300 have it. Those players are relatively cheap.

I see that walmart has the LG BD550 for $94.00. Were would I download the older firmware of this unit and how to flash it? via usb? cd?

Thanks..

I see that "The Other Guys" has a "Protected Cinavia.com" on the jacket of the Blu Ray disc.

I see that walmart has the LG BD550 for $94.00. Were would I download the older firmware of this unit and how to flash it? via usb? cd?

Thanks..

Well, I think you would have to find that specific firmware online that has it, because if you try to update via LG's firmware updater through the player that would most likely give you the newest firmware which isn't Cinavia-infected.

just for update THE OTHER GUYS BD has cinavia message code 3 i have try it on my PS3

just for update THE OTHER GUYS BD has cinavia message code 3 i have try it on my PS3

Cinavia protected blu-ray

The British release of salt has this protection.

The British release of losers does NOT have it.

Get ready to do my first BD backup. I have a question if BD is protected by cinavia will it play on ps3? I wanted my first bd backup to be Salt US release. Any feedback would be great.

Get ready to do my first BD backup. I have a question if BD is protected by cinavia will it play on ps3? I wanted my first bd backup to be Salt US release. Any feedback would be great.

No, it will come up with a Cinavia error.

Does anyone have a Sylvania Blu-ray Model#NB500SL9 and know it has cinavia? I bought 18 months ago that would be before cinavia was invented.

Last edited:
big_moviefreak: I used to have that model but gave it to my brother, and I'm pretty sure it is Cinavia-free. Just don't update the firmware just in case.

Salt & Resident Evil also have Cinavia fwiw I have them here.

You're right. Salt is infected. BUT, when I made a back up using AVCHDecorer audio got out of sync for about half a second, audio UNTOUCHED (don't ask me how that happened 'cuz I don't know why) and my PS3 Fir.3.55 didn't have a problem with it. I made a second back up correcting the problem changing the audio delay to +500 milliseconds and It got perfect this time... only to get the dreaded Cinavia error 3 message. I can only play that back up in my Sony BDP-S360 but not in my PS3, which I don't really care about now... soon it will get jailbr....***and I'll change the firm. back to 3.01 Cinavia Free!

Conclusion:
Getting the audio out of sync really works as a Cinavia medicine.
Watching a movie with out of sync audio is really annoying.
I'm buying a new BD player Cinavia free. They're cheap now.

You're right. Salt is infected. BUT, when I made a back up using AVCHDecorer audio got out of sync for about half a second, audio UNTOUCHED (don't ask me how that happened 'cuz I don't know why) and my PS3 Fir.3.55 didn't have a problem with it. I made a second back up correcting the problem changing the audio delay to +500 milliseconds and It got perfect this time... only to get the dreaded Cinavia error 3 message. I can only play that back up in my Sony BDP-S360 but not in my PS3, which I don't really care about now... soon it will get jailbr....***and I'll change the firm. back to 3.01 Cinavia Free!

Conclusion:
Getting the audio out of sync really works as a Cinavia medicine.
Watching a movie with out of sync audio is really annoying.
I'm buying a new BD player Cinavia free. They're cheap now.

The question is how much of a variance in audio sync is required in order to "fool" cinavia detection. Interesting approach, even if it was accidental. :D

A lot of AVRs have an HDMI audio sync adjustment. Maybe this can be used to bring the audio back into sync.

Well, I had another thought on that. For the HTPC side of things. Let ReClock fix it. :D

There is that, yea. :) But eventually all the commercial programs will be infected with this crap, so, better to have a backup plan now than later. :)

Back