• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

The question was concerning disks, not players. Players contain firmware which can but updated. I'm sure all older firmware will have to be updated soon. You'll put in a new disk and it'll revoke your host key and then you'll have to take the new firmware to play. Cinavia is coming to us all.
That's easy for a PS3, but stand-alones also need hardware that can do Cinavia. Especially with the reports of Cinavia being removed from some SAs' firmware, that's evidently not so easy. :clap:

That's easy for a PS3, but stand-alones also need hardware that can do Cinavia. Especially with the reports of Cinavia being removed from some SAs' firmware, that's evidently not so easy. :clap:

Awwwww, poor standalone makers. :D

Awwwww, poor standalone makers. :D
Exactly! lol. Always seems like sony is behind a lot of all this new and past copy protection. Maybe it's just me but it I almost always had issues with backing up movies from Sony pictures studio.

Last edited:
Just purchased a Sony BDP S370 with firmware M03.R.623. Have been playing a BD9, movie only back-up of The Karate Kid for over 60 minutes now and NO Cinavia induced stoppage.

I got my BDP-S370 yesterday and it also came with firmware M03.R.623. I upgraded to the current release M03.R.695 and it also doesn't have Cinavia implemented. You might want to grab it while it's still available.

I tested with a BD-25 previously verified to trigger Cinavia on a PS3.

Overall it's a decent player but it fails to resume on a few discs starting again from scratch after simply stopping the main movie and hitting play. I still can't believe how stupid the folks who designed the BluRay specs are when it comes to making a consumer product. Thankfully movie only copies start up in only a few seconds and the player remembers the current position even after power cycling.

Confirm no Cinavia

I can confirm with the latest firmware for the LG BD590 that it DOES NOT have Cinavia. Played a copy of blu-ray THE LOSERS and downloaded .mkv in AC3 5.1 and both played till the end. Sucky movie anyways IMO.

@ another_user

Thanks for the tip on the S370, the S270 uses the same latest firmware 695, so should be Cinavia free also.

On the Sony player problems, hit the pause/play button instead of the stop/play button and no problems. Same problem on the S560.

The players have to go a certain duration or playing time before the stop/play button works properly. I believe there was something in the owners manual on this, but not sure.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oppo BDP-93

Well I can confirm and it can be added to post 1 that the Oppo BDP-93 with beta firmware 1108 does not contain Cinavia. I am playing a BD-R rip of The Losers right now and I am on minute 52 with no Cinavia messages. This was also confirmed by Oppo via email befire I received it so it looks like they were right. Now I just hope it doesnt get added in any upcoming firmware updates including the final release firmware.

Well I can confirm and it can be added to post 1 that the Oppo BDP-93 with beta firmware 1108 does not contain Cinavia. I am playing a BD-R rip of The Losers right now and I am on minute 52 with no Cinavia messages. This was also confirmed by Oppo via email befire I received it so it looks like they were right. Now I just hope it doesnt get added in any upcoming firmware updates including the final release firmware.

Yes, the Oppo BDP-93 is currently free of Cinavia. I can't help but think it'll be added at a later time, however, which is sad. I'll still have my BDP-83 so I'll use that if I have to for my backups.

Yes, the Oppo BDP-93 is currently free of Cinavia. I can't help but think it'll be added at a later time, however, which is sad. I'll still have my BDP-83 so I'll use that if I have to for my backups.

I have a feeling that Oppo is not too keen on Cinavia, and once I get a firmware that plays NTFS/AVCHD external discs correctly, I wont be updating it. It seems that MOST commercial players do not have Cinavia with their latest firmware, so I am sure Oppo will be one of the LAST ones incorporating it if ever.

I'm actually surprised that more players haven't added it. I wonder if they're having issues with the detection algorithm. That'd make me laugh hysterically. Anyway, let's all enjoy it while it lasts.

Wondering if there is a way to hack the firmware of Cinavia affected players and find the artifact'(s) through reverse engineering?

Man made it so it can be broken in time with the right people.

Man made it so it can be broken in time with the right people.

I see this comment posted often. "Man made it, man can break it."

If I RAR a bunch of files, and password encrypt it with a 50 character random alpha-numeric-symbol case sensative password, please tell me how that can be broken without the password. Man made it, didn't he?

That might be an apple to oranges comparison, but while "man made it man can break it" is usually true, it may cost a lot of time, experts, and most importantly, money to "break it."

Yes, it's ALWAYS a time/value equation. And since time=money, it often does boil down to money. However, when you have enough people with sufficient motivation, you'll find that nearly anything is possible. As for encryption, that's just basic physics. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The amount of time it takes is dependant on a few known variables. But it's definitely possible.

Three more Sony Blu-ray players with the LATEST FIRMWARE and Cinavia free. Firmware from Sony esupport site.
BDP-S270 with firmware mo3.R.695
BDP-S301 with firmware 5.50
BDP-S560 with firmware 008

Built a test Cinavia disk using The Karate Kid (2010) region A, with the English high definition audio, and two English subtitles one forced.

Put the back-up movie only on a BD-R single layer with compression, AnyDVD HD removed AACS and the source disk came with the Cinavia watermark.

Going forward putting each new firmware version on a CD-R disk, and if I have to install the new firmware, and it contains the Cinavia infection will do reverse engineering and put the old firmware version back on that does not have the Cinavia infection.

Sony esupport level 2 is useless in telling us which firmware version number has the Cinavia protection, there employees either don't know or not telling.

Rumor
LG and Sony are not having good relations with Verance (creator of Cinavia) due to some of the Blu-ray source pressed BD-ROM disks that contain Cinavia that you bought, rented from Netflix, Blockbuster, or Redbox are triggering Cinavia on the customer's Blu-ray player, and the customer is returning the Blu-ray player back to LG and Sony for not playing source Blu-ray disks.

Possibility LG and Sony are temporary stopping firmware updates with Cinavia until Verance gets their problems worked out.
:clap:

fast eddie, they can't tell you as there is not a single entry in Sony's KB database to which the employes have access to.

This would be great if everyone decided, enough is enough, and decided to drop the whole Cinavia idea.

Cheap player

Can anyone direct me to purchase a cheap blu-ray player that has Cinavia or media streamer (hardware) that has the Cinavia?

I have the BD-590, and with the latest firmware, doesn't have the protection. I want it strictly for test purposes.. but don't feel like buying a PS3 for this purpose.

Thanks

You could contact LG, Sony, Verance, MPAA and tell them you are looking for a Cinavia infected Blu-ray player. You might want to donate some money to them since they are SOOOO poor. :bang:

The only thing a Cinavia infected Blu-ray player is good for is target practice.

You can do all the testing you want on a NON-INFECTED Cinavia Blu-ray player.
:disagree:

Get with known hackers, reverse engineers who already have the tools needed for testing, experts in audio rebuilding and pool your expertise together, most likely it will take more than one person to break Cinavia, dedicated groups working on the same cause tend to get results, rather then a loner working on a cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back