• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Call of Duty World at War" does not work

Fair enough Webslinger. I followed all the steps you listed, created a new profile using image mode and still the same error message. Attached a new log file.

Attachments

• Call of Duty- World at War.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Fair enough Webslinger. I followed all the steps you listed, created a new profile using image mode and still the same error message. Attached a new log file.

O.k., thank you.

You can probably restore your registry now (from step "1i") since it seems to me that the PxHlpa64 filter isn't the source of the problem.

matthew will need to decipher the collection logs because I sure can't.

Thank you for trying Webslinger. Much appreciated. Matthew...it's all on you now sir. No pressure. :)

Ok.

Can you please for the following.
1) Edit the profile, under advanced setting change the driver option to 512
2) Open regedit and go to the GJ registry key at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\GameJackal"
3) Add a new string value "Debug Value" and set it to "81"
4) Insert the games DVD into the drive
5) Start the profile.

If the games doesn't start, try Debug Values of 0, 64, 35 and 40

Let me know the results.

After following all of those instructions do you mean insert the original game DVD into the drive or just start the previous profile that I had already made and modified according to your instruction?

Edit: I understood it as not creating a new profile but using the original profile that I made in Image mode that Webslinger suggested. I did not create a new profile or insert the original Game DVD. I followed all of the instructions above Matthew with still the same results... "Insert original Game DVD and restart application". I should also add that using the value of 40 in the registry for the debug value was death for my computer...Game Jackal locked up indefinitely and was not able to stop it at all even using task manager. Also one time it caused my operating system to crash to blue screen.

Last edited:
After following all of those instructions do you mean insert the original game DVD into the drive or just start the previous profile that I had already made and modified according to your instruction?

Edit: I understood it as not creating a new profile but using the original profile that I made in Image mode that Webslinger suggested. I did not create a new profile or insert the original Game DVD. I followed all of the instructions above Matthew with still the same results... "Insert original Game DVD and restart application". I should also add that using the value of 40 in the registry for the debug value was death for my computer...Game Jackal locked up indefinitely and was not able to stop it at all even using task manager. Also one time it caused my operating system to crash to blue screen.

A couple of things here.
1) You must insert the game's DVD into the drive when doing this test.
2) Perform the tests with a standard profile (i.e. not one created with image mode)

What we are looking for is the game starting... and which value "debug value" it started with. But as i instructed, you must have the DVD in the drive when running these tests.

When I try the experiment, each time I try with the different debug values I still get the same error message "cannot locate the DVD-ROM" "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" popping up when I start the profile after inserting the Game DVD. I then use the menu that pops up from the DVD to try and start the game but nothing happens when I leave that error message up. Otherwise the game starts as normal with the original DVD itself.

Last edited:
When I try the experiment, each time I try with the different debug values I still get the same error message "cannot locate the DVD-ROM" "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" popping up when I start the profile after inserting the Game DVD. I then use the menu that pops up from the DVD to try and start the game but nothing happens when I leave that error message up. Otherwise the game starts as normal with the original DVD itself.

Thats all very odd, I would have expected at least 1 test to start correctly. I'm starting to suspect that this new I7 processor may be playing some part in this issue (others have had problems also)... although at this point I have no idea as to why.

Can I ask you to do one more test.
Change the "Driver Option" value to "256" and set a "Debug Value" of "40". Once again start the profile with the DVD in the drive.

In addition I'm going to post a message to see if anyone else has had success with this new processor.

Also I will look at getting some test hardware to run against.

Well well well. That last effort proved to be sucessfull! :rock: The game was launched and it went right into it, with the game disk in the drive. However, when I then tried the profile without the game disk in the drive, the same error message came up. :( But at least this is something for you now...I hope.

Well well well. That last effort proved to be sucessfull! :rock: The game was launched and it went right into it, with the game disk in the drive. However, when I then tried the profile without the game disk in the drive, the same error message came up. :( But at least this is something for you now...I hope.

Well that is a small step forward... can you please post the srb file (not srd files) for this profile. This is located in the profile library folder. It will be called something like 11111-11111111.srb, where "11111-11111111" is the profile file name. You can determine the profile file name by editing the profile and noting the "Game Jackal Profile" value at the bottom of the dialog.

Thanks for the reply Matthew. Requested profile file is attached.

Attachments

• 39886-6572843519.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
New test.

Can you please do the following.
1) Edit the profile, under advanced setting change the driver option to 512
2) Open regedit and go to the GJ registry key at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\GameJackal"
3) Add a new string value "Debug Value" and set it to "173"
4) Insert the games DVD into the drive (important)
5) Start the profile.

The game started up this time as well, though it did take longer to do so. I used the original profile. Also, this time I did not try the profile without the disc in the drive (don't want to mess up whatever you are testing). What should I do next?

Good... this confirms the problem I found in your srb file... so we have finally found the bug. Now I just to find a way to fix it ;)

Anyway... attached are some new drivers to try. Don't forget to reboot when you copy them tho C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Also you will need to recapture a new profile when you test.

Last edited:
Thanks Matthew, tried with the new drivers after rebooting and creating a new profile. However, still no go. New log file attached.

Attachments

28.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Matthew, tried with the new drivers after rebooting and creating a new profile. However, still no go. New log file attached.

Can you please test the attached drivers. You will need to re-create the profile. If it still fails (which im hoping it wont ;) )... can you also post the srb file.

Last edited:
Very strange...this time I didn't even get as far as the last time. The profile just would not create and it would not boot into the game... When I exited out of Game Jackal then went back in and tried to run the profile that was there...I got an error message about the file not being 64 bit. I hate to ask this, but are you sure the last round of drivers you included were 64 bit drivers?

Also, my profile for Far Cry 2 is no longer working. :(

Attachments

• 39888-7297282755.zip
    138 bytes · Views: 2
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Very strange...this time I didn't even get as far as the last time. The profile just would not create and it would not boot into the game... When I exited out of Game Jackal then went back in and tried to run the profile that was there...I got an error message about the file not being 64 bit. I hate to ask this, but are you sure the last round of drivers you included were 64 bit drivers?

Also, my profile for Far Cry 2 is no longer working. :(

That's not what I wanted to hear... may be there was an issue with the zip file. Anyway I have built a new set of drivers. Same deal as before.

FYI - It is possible that these new drivers will break your existing profile (if created with any 3.2.0.x drivers). Reason being is that there was a bug with the way the profile was captured.

Attachments

• Pre_Release2_x64.zip
    50 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
"Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application" profile does not even create and game does not launch... :( Reminder, debug value is still set at 173 as you requested before. Almost seems like since we changed that that I cannot create a profile...

Can you post the srb file... even if the profile doesn't create correctly. I will take a closer look.

Back