• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Call of Duty World at War" does not work

Marillion

Hope you can help me. Call of Duty World at War does not work with Game Jackal for me.

What version of Game Jackal are you running? 3.2.0.3
What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? Vista 64 bit SP1
If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. Done
Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.) None on my system
What protection does your game use? Safedisc 4.90.010
What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Call of Duty World at War
What is the version of the game? 1.2
Is it cd or dvd version? DVD
What region or country is the original disc from? Canada
What cpu are you running? i7 940
What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-216D
What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. BitDefender Gamesafe
Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. Tried to load the profile and following error message comes up "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application".
Turn on Advanced logging.
In Game Jackal, go to "General Settings" then check "Enable Advanced Logging". Now try running your profile. Please note this setting is reset upon each restart. Attached
Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download (it's also an excellent program imo)
Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v). Attached below

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: maplom
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: maploml
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.5.2.2
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.5.2.2
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Attachments

• Call of Duty- World at War.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
Code:
Lower Class Filter:  PxHlpa64

Code:
        Filter Name:  PxHlpa64
          File Name:  
       File Version:  
   File Description:  
       Product Name:  
    Product Version:  
       Company Name:  
          Copyright:

PXHLPA64.SYS is related to MusicMatch Jukebox software.

The PxHlpa64 filter seems to be problematic for some people. I would suggest removing it.
Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
Select "PxHlpa64". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
Reboot

Whatever program installed the filter may no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filter then the filter will be installed on your system again.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Make sure, you give GameJackal full admin rights. UAC fixes might cause problems.

If the above solutions won't work, try disabling the Bitdefender Gamesafe.

Last edited:
i knew i had a feeling of deja-vu from that post...

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=177675&postcount=3

not sure about it coming from musicmatch either.. i have this file on my pc in work and i definately didn't install musicmatch on it, think it might come from a clean system install..

comes from a clean install... win xp 64 with sp2 -> pxhelp64.sys -> company name : sonic solutions -> description : px engine device driver for 64 bit windows

stating it comes from music match just caused confusion...

Last edited:
Very very strange...how can that registry entry be on my system when I did not ever install music match software and its a brand new system (2 weeks old)? Thanks for looking into this.

Well you have a good deja vu. It's always the same post that DrinkLyeAndDie is posting when seeing that filter, so I just copied it to help out?

I hope I'm not treading on your toes.

And it doesn't necesairly have to do with Music Match. It's just one option.
It might be from Sonic Solutions.

Cheers,
BurnerHEAD

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion Burnerhead, I tried removing PXHLPA64.SYS but it made no difference. :( I tried creating the profile again using Call of Duty World at War setting...no go. I then tried the generic "Safedisc" setting, still no luck. Arrrghhh. This is the first time I haven't been able to get a game to work with Game Jackal! I'm not giving up yet though.

Last edited:
Will do as soon as I get home from work today. Thank you Burnerhead.

It seems the TXT file that program generates is too big to attach here and if I try to copy and paste, there are too many characters and again I can't post. Sorry, never used this program before. Any advice on how I can attach the info you need to help me? :doh:

Well, the maximum filesize for .zip archives here at the forum is 10 MB, so use www.7-zip.org and compress the archive as hard as you can. :D

No serious, my .txt file is 162KB, compressed as .zip, you can upload it.

I don't want to suspect you of not having the Original-DVD, but GameJackal will not work if you have a back-up. So that's a premise to save you some trouble and me some stupid error guessing. So put the DVD in your drive you use for capturing with GameJackal, before you run the InfoTool.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Last edited:
Thanks for the further assistance Burnerhead. With the limited time I had this morning before I left for work, I tried to attach a compressed file with 7-zip but didn't have much luck. The program didn't seem to have an option of compressing and putting it on the desktop but it did have an option of either putting it in an archive (couldn't find where the archive was afterwards) or compress and email. So I tried to compress and email the file. That didn't work out either. Hopefully I will have more time to try this again tonight. I also have Winrar installed, could it be possible that the two are conflicting somehow? Sigh...I don't consider myself a pc noob by any means but I sure do seem to be fumbling around a lot trying to get this resolved. My appologies.

Oh, and as to having the original Call of Duty World at War disc, don't worry I'm not offended at your question. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask on your part, especially considering the time you are investing into trying to help me. Rest assured, I wouldn't use anything but the original game disc that I bought. I know Game Jackal would only work with that. These days it's all I use. The other cracked versions are too much hassle sometimes, not to mention the moral and ethical dilemma they represent for me.

Last edited:
Oh, and as to having the original Call of Duty World at War disc, don't worry I'm not offended at your question. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask on your part, especially considering the time you are investing into trying to help me. Rest assured, I wouldn't use anything but the original game disc that I bought. I know Game Jackal would only work with that. These days it's all I use. The other cracked versions are too much hassle sometimes, not to mention the moral and ethical dilemma they represent for me.

Okay, alright. I just have to be very careful with my wording and expressing things because Webslinger is having a sharp watch over me and I don't want to get banned permanently.
And well, it was stupid to ask that question anyway, because if you didn't have to original DVD you had a backup and would definitely use a Crack, so GameJackal would be obsolete. :doh:

Thanks for the further assistance Burnerhead. With the limited time I had this morning before I left for work, I tried to attach a compressed file with 7-zip but didn't have much luck. The program didn't seem to have an option of compressing and putting it on the desktop but it did have an option of either putting it in an archive (couldn't find where the archive was afterwards) or compress and email. So I tried to compress and email the file. That didn't work out either. Hopefully I will have more time to try this again tonight. I also have Winrar installed, could it be possible that the two are conflicting somehow? Sigh...I don't consider myself a pc noob by any means but I sure do seem to be fumbling around a lot trying to get this resolved. My appologies.

Well, I know what you mean. You're having a problem, think you can solve it somehow, but you just can't get it to work, no matter how hard or whatever you try. Happened to me today, when I had to repair a laptop.
Well, my suggestions would be to use the Windows tools for making a .zip archive as this is the most easy way.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Yay!! Success I think? Let me know what you see.

Attachments

• InfoTool.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Okay, thanks.

After having a quick look I found the following stuff that might be a problem:

Driver : pcouffin
Description : low level access layer for CD/DVD/BD devices
Version : 1.37
Company : VSO Software

=> you have VSO software installed, probably BlindWrite and EZ-Play Emulation is running.

Driver : PxHlpa64
Description : Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows
Version : 3.00.83a
Company : Sonic Solutions

=> Even though you told me you removed that driver, it's still there. Installed and running. Strange.

Driver : sptd
Description : n/a
Version : n/a
Company : n/a

which is related to that:
Description : Alcohol 120%
Version : 1.9.8.7117
Company : Alcohol Soft Development Team

So the emulation of Alcohol and it's SPTD driver can cause problems.

1. So try disabling any virtual drive emulation.
2. Try to get rid of those PxHlpa64 Drivers.
3. Try to get rid of those SPTD drivers.
4. Try to get rid of those pcouffin drivers.

Try to use gamejackal after every of those steps.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Very strange indeed...I did get rid of PxHlpa64 before! I will follow the steps you have outlined and try again tonight..I'll let you know. Thanks a lot!!

=> Even though you told me you removed that driver, it's still there. Installed and running. Strange.

No. It's not strange. You didn't tell him to remove a driver. He removed a registry filter. The driver can still be running, but it's now not part of the filter stack.

Last edited:
Back