• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Call of Duty World at War" does not work

I looked in that location and both drivers show 3.2.0.4 when I hover the mouse pointer above them. However when I open up Gamejackal and click on Version and License details it shows the "Main Version" as 3.2.0.4 but the "Driver Version" is listed as 3.2.0.3!

Well looking at the log file info... if appears to be info from v3.2.0.4 so I think you are running the correct drivers.

Regarding the no cd error... the log files indicate missing data. We did put a change in this release to hopefully fix this very issue, however I have discovered that the fix isn't working due to a problem with the GJ installer.

So can you please try the following.
1) Open up regedit and navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal"
2) Change the value "DVD Default Primer File" from "Priming_DVD.dcc" to "Primer_DVD.dcc"
3) Create a new profile and test (dont forget to set advanced logging).

Very very interesting...I searched for that registration key in the area that you mentioned...and it wasn't there! Not even any mention of SLYSOFT! I did however find an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/SLYSOFT but it was only for AnyDVD. What does this mean... :confused:

Very very interesting...I searched for that registration key in the area that you mentioned...and it wasn't there! Not even any mention of SLYSOFT! I did however find an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/SLYSOFT but it was only for AnyDVD. What does this mean... :confused:

1) You're using Vista64

2) You shouldn't have any Slysoft entry there at all

3) This is where you need to be looking:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\GameJackal

Last edited:
Thanks Webslinger.

Found the entry now. Modified. Still did not work. New log file attached here.

Attachments

• Call of Duty- World at War.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Webslinger.

Found the entry now. Modified. Still did not work. New log file attached here.

Hmmm... log files are now broken. I thinking something strange has happened with the GJ driver installation. Can you please reinstall the v3.2.0.4 and check the driver version numbers again. There is no point going any further until we are sure the correct driver are installed.

If they still report the incorrect version number... we may need to manually install. Download the attached zip file and unzip the drivers to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and the reboot.

Last edited:
I usually exit out of GJ before I update. I think Webslinger does the same?

I would think there is no other way of updating Charlie...you have to be exited out.

I uninstalled, rebooted. Installed, rebooted. Then I had to use my license key to reactivate. The old 3.2.0.3 Driver version was still there, so I extracted the drivers manually to the directory Matthew specified. Still the old driver version. So then I extracted to the location Webslinger specified earlier (since I do have Vista 64 bit) and lo and behold the version number is now correct! 3.2.0.4 Hooray! Now to try the profile again....

Sigh...I guess my hope was premature. Same error message...insert correct DVD... :mad::bang: Log files attached.

Attachments

32.8 KB · Views: 2
I uninstalled, rebooted. Installed, rebooted. Then I had to use my license key to reactivate. The old 3.2.0.3 Driver version was still there

Where?

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Look at "maplom.sys" and "maploml.sys"
Right click on them. Select "propeties". Select the "details" tab.
What's the file version?

so I extracted the drivers manually to the directory Matthew specified. Still the old driver version.

What? :confused:

Something is messed up.

1. Uninstall GameJackal.

2. Reboot.

3. Download and install CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/download (freeware)

4. Backup your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

5. Run the registry cleaner (select that option) from within CCleaner. Allow CCleaner to repair registry errors that it finds.

6. Reboot

7. Reinstall Game Jackal

So then I extracted to the location Webslinger specified earlier (since I do have Vista 64 bit)

Where? I gave you a registry location--not a file location.

No. The drivers are supposed to be found here:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Something goofy is going on with your installation.

Last edited:
Sigh...I guess my hope was premature. Same error message...insert correct DVD... :mad::bang: Log files attached.

Attached are a new set of drivers. Unzip and copy the *.sys files to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and reboot.

Next copy the file "Primer_DVD.dcc" to "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Maps" (overwrite existing).

Also, if you have reinstalled... make sure the registry change that I mentioned a few posts ago is in place.

Last edited:
Also, if you have reinstalled... make sure the registry change that I mentioned a few posts ago is in place.

1) Open up regedit and navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\GameJackal"
2) Change the value "DVD Default Primer File" from "Priming_DVD.dcc" to "Primer_DVD.dcc"
3) Create a new profile and test (dont forget to set advanced logging).

You guys are truly awesome. Thanks for re-iterating webslinger. I am working on this and will report back shortly.

Tried Matthew's suggestions first. Profile still did not work. I guess I should try Webslinger's (bit more aggresive) suggestion now with the uninstall and registry clean. :( New log file attached after the latest effort at profile creation.

Attachments

137.2 KB · Views: 7
Tried Matthew's suggestions first. Profile still did not work. I guess I should try Webslinger's (bit more aggresive) suggestion now with the uninstall and registry clean. :( New log file attached after the latest effort at profile creation.

Unless matthew indicates otherwise, follow posts 51, 53, and 52 in that order (and yes, 53 before 52).

Heavy sigh...I followed posts 51, 53 and 52 (in that order) exactly to the letter and still that damned message keeps coming up..."insert correct DVD-ROM..." :bang: Uploaded Logfile attached. On the plus side, that CC Cleaner looks to be a really good utility...

Attachments

107.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Heavy sigh...I followed posts 51, 53 and 52 (in that order) exactly to the letter and still that damned message keeps coming up..."insert correct DVD-ROM..." :bang: Uploaded Logfile attached. On the plus side, that CC Cleaner looks to be a really good utility...

Alright. If I'm reading the log files right, then 3.0.2.4 appears to be installed properly.

Let's try this:

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

It's possible that this Sonic/Roxio filter is causing issues.

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "PxHlpa64. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly. For the purposes of troubleshooting, keep that filter removed from your registry for the time being. Note that I'm talking about your registry only. Don't start deleting files.

2. Try creating a profile using image mode

3. Upload another Game Jackal log file after trying to run that profile

Last edited:
I did already try removing that filter back in post#7 (with no improvement in the results, though granted it was an older Game Jackal version) but then restored my system since my Roxio 2009 program was not working correctly afterwards. :(

Last edited:
I did already try removing that filter back in post#7

Yes, I am aware of that.

though granted it was an older Game Jackal version

Which is precisely why I'm telling you do it again . . .

but then restored my system since my Roxio 2009 program was not working correctly afterwards.

Which is why step "1i)" is listed . . .

So again, please do what is listed fully. All 3 steps (I am particularly interested in step #2) . . .

Back