• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray titles w/ TrueHD and 5.1 PCM do not work over SPDIF

Thanks for the links, your the man!

So just for me (and im sure others who are reading) a recap as to why we should do this.

When playing a HDDVD etc the audio coming off the disc is converted by powerdvd or soundcard to a spdif (resulting in some loss of quality) where as if I
use the soundcards 6 or 8 channel pcm we let the pre-amp do the work and get better sound?

And to confirm I can still select DTS etc and my pre-amp will pick it up.

Funny isnt it as youd think using the coaxial cable and digital would be the best.

Im learning loads here so I :clap: to you for taking time to help.

Thanks for the links, your the man!

So just for me (and im sure others who are reading) a recap as to why we should do this.

When playing a HDDVD etc the audio coming off the disc is converted by powerdvd or soundcard to a spdif (resulting in some loss of quality) where as if I
use the soundcards 6 or 8 channel pcm we let the pre-amp do the work and get better sound?

And to confirm I can still select DTS etc and my pre-amp will pick it up.

Funny isnt it as youd think using the coaxial cable and digital would be the best.

Im learning loads here so I :clap: to you for taking time to help.
spdif is old technology now, and can't handle the bandwidth of the uncompressed audio tracks that are available on high def discs.
Dolby 5.1 and DTS are compressed audio codecs.
Some high def discs only have DTS, but most will have TrueHD or some other uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 signal. If you choose the uncompressed 5.1 then your auzentech will process that and send it over the 5.1 or 7.1 analog outputs. Your pre-amp will not know that this was once dolby or truehd or whatever, since the dolby processing was done by the soundcard and just the resulting audio is passed on to your audio equipment.

I get yah.
Its like the days before people had dolby digital pre-amps when they used there old pro logic ones with pass through from dvd players.

Here is a quick link of something you might want to consider
http://www.playback-europe.com/produits.php?prodid=5523&partner=shopzilla_UK
Ive seen some gold plated ones two. I think these would fit and then you could use normal rca phono cables.
i have some expensive (£60 / $120) each ones in a bag i can now re-use.

I wish they'd hurry up and release the frigin card :mad:

PS anyone want to see a list of my audio/visual rig let me know.

I get yah.
Its like the days before people had dolby digital pre-amps when they used there old pro logic ones with pass through from dvd players.

Here is a quick link of something you might want to consider
http://www.playback-europe.com/produits.php?prodid=5523&partner=shopzilla_UK
Ive seen some gold plated ones two. I think these would fit and then you could use normal rca phono cables.
i have some expensive (£60 / $120) each ones in a bag i can now re-use.

I wish they'd hurry up and release the frigin card :mad:

PS anyone want to see a list of my audio/visual rig let me know.
Yes, that's what I use. I have a couple of gold plated ones. But you can't fit 2 side by side. So I use the monster cable cord inbetween the two adapters like you linked. But it is a squeeze.

wish they would do a two slot card like the new nvidia 8800 so we can have better connectors.
Thanks again if I find a slim connector ill post it.

wish they would do a two slot card like the new nvidia 8800 so we can have better connectors.
Thanks again if I find a slim connector ill post it.
agreed. To make a high quality device that appeals to the audiophile community and then to neglect using some quality gold rca jacks for the outputs is almost defeating the purpose in my opinion.

Back