Bluray Drive & DVD drive trays eject automatically after updating to AnyDVD 8.1.7.3

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by gameowl, Aug 1, 2017.

1. DaGoatRancher

DaGoatRancher Well-Known Member

Absolutely positive. I have tested it again multiple times.

Disk in the drive. Exit AnyDVD HD. Disk tray does not eject.
    No Disk in the drive. Exit AnyDVD HD. Disk tray ejects.

8.1.7.5, 8.1.7.6, and 8.1.7.7 do not have this issue.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Thank you. Please try AnyDVD 8.1.7.9. I have high hopes, this fixes the issue.

3. wowszer

wowszer Well-Known Member

Similar but slightly different problem, eject would happen only if I booted up, tray would eject, during the process of booting up. I never did a restart of ANYDVD HD, but several instances of IE would open up, and after 8.1.7.9, the drive didn't open, but IE still opens up, 3 times for me, but all on WD drives. Maybe that info will help.

4. DaGoatRancher

DaGoatRancher Well-Known Member

Installed 8.1.7.9. Problem resolved. Disk drive does not eject when exiting AnyDVD HD with empty drive or with disk in the drive. Thanks. (y)

5. theosch

theosch Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I installed all Betas from 8.1.7.4 upwards and my drives (Pioneer BDR-205) LiteOn iHOS104 and LG BH16NS40, strangely never recognised any drive bay opening when exiting AnyDVD. No matter if empty or disc inside.
    (But I don't doubt that people got problems)
    Glad it got fixed :)

---
    (The Writing below doesn't mean any problem with AnyDVD)
    When optical disc drive is empty and opening it via drive letter in Windows explorer via the main-tile-view (via the tall symbols icon in Win Exlorer) then the drive bay opens.
    When opening the empty drive via drive letter by the tree navigation structure on the left in Win-Explorer afaik the drive bay stays closed.
    Also often when drive is empty it's not appearing on the left, just in the main-tile-view on the right (with big symbols) in Win-Explorer.
    ---

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM
  6. x7007

x7007 Member

same for me with version 8.1.7.8 . every time I unmounting the ISO and existing anydvd from the tray icon, it opens Explorer saying there is no DISC . does it fixed on the latest beta 8.1.7.12 ?

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Nobody but you can answer that without any doubt. Try it and find out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk