• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray Drive & DVD drive trays eject automatically after updating to AnyDVD 8.1.7.3

gameowl

A weird bug in AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.3. I have no movie discs in my DVD drive or Bluray drive, but when I exit AnyDVD HD out the RAM through the system tray right after both my DVD drive and bluray drive eject the disc traces automatically. This never happened before previous versions of AnyDVD HD. Developers please take a look at it.

That's not happening for me with AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.3. My system is Win7x64 Ultimate, all updates current to today. I've got a stack of 5 identical SATA Blu-ray drives connected in an e-SATA external case with port multiplier. I've got one internal SATA DVD drive. None of them had discs in them; none of them ejected trays when I exited AnyDVD HD using the tray icon.

@gameowl, I haven't rebooted my machine since installing the 8.1.7.3 beta. Have you? That could make a difference. My machine takes a while to reboot, which is why I haven't done that yet, today.

A weird bug in AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.3. I have no movie discs in my DVD drive or Bluray drive, but when I exit AnyDVD HD out the RAM through the system tray right after both my DVD drive and bluray drive eject the disc traces automatically. This never happened before previous versions of AnyDVD HD. Developers please take a look at it.
Will do, but I have no explanation why this could happen. AnyDVD certainly has no intention or code to eject discs.

Same thing happening to me after installing 8.1.7.3
running windows 10
start anydvd
exit anydvd
open file explorer
bluray burner tray opens?
pretty crazy a

I can confirm that mlipar's reproduction steps provide the same results for me.

running windows 10 Laptop
start anydvd
exit anydvd
DVD drive/burner tray opens?

I didn't even have to open explorer.. Tray opens as soon as I exit AnyDVD HD

I am going to try it with my desktop machine with Blu-ray and DVD Burner drives in it.

Reproduced this on my Win 10 Desktop as well.

start anydvd
exit anydvd
DVD drive/burner tray opens?

I also have a Blu-ray burner in this PC but it did not eject the tray. Only the DVD burner. FYI

Tried multiple times to reproduce here. Win 10 Pro, triple drive, no ejects for either of them

I just did the 8.1.7.3 update and it ejected both my drives. Going back to 8.1.7.1. I went back to 8.1.7.1 and the problem went away. Definitely a bug here.

Last edited:
Not happening on my system, either. Windows 10 x64 Pro Creators Update (1703).

Interestingly odd.

I'm NOT running CU yet. Still haven't found the time / took the risk to grab it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Maybe some of the problems have to do with upper or lower filters installed for the optical drives? To look at that, go into your registry using regedit, and look at the following key (Microsoft recommends looking into this key when you've got trouble with optical drives):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

There are a bunch of almost-identical looking registry keys in that Class category; it has to be exactly that complicated hexadecimal key as written above, which is for the optical drives only.

For all of you that are browsing this thread that are having this "eject" problem, would you look at the value of the LowerFilters value and the UpperFilters value in that registry sub-key, and let us know what they are? Some of us who don't have problems should report that as well, see if the filters have any relevance to the "eject" vs "no eject" users.

I've got just AnyDVD ElbyCDFL in my LowerFilters, and nothing in UpperFilters. I don't get any eject action on: DVD-ROM only (not a burner), DVD-Burner, Blu-ray Burner.

The only other hardware related settings I can think of to report are some AnyDVD settings, like Aggressive I/O mode (on or off), Enable Speed Control (on or off), Aggressive Scan for Drives (on or off) and Disable Power saving while using AnyDVD ripper (on or off).

If there's no discernible pattern revealed with that information, then perhaps it's some other interaction with another software program. Or maybe something that scans drives for newly inserted discs? I've got that annoying Windows auto-show the file explorer when a drive is inserted/attached turned off on my computer.

--michael

Lower Filters = AnyDVD
Upper Filters = GearAspWDM

I never had this problem in the past.

It is strange that some are reporting the issue and some are not. I have the issue in 8.1.7.3 but not in 8.1.7.1 So somewhere in between those 2 versions something has changed to cause the issue. RedFox should be able to track down the offending code to resolve this or give us a clue as to what could be making our machines do this. I have the issue on 2 Win10 64bit machines both running the Creators Update. One is a laptop with only a DVD RW drive and one is a desktop with DVD RW and Blu-ray drive. On the desktop only the DVD RW drive ejects when this happens.

No unwanted disk ejection seen.

Windows 7 x64.

LowerFilters=
AnyDVD
ElbyCDFL

UpperFilters not present.

No issues here with disc drive opening here with AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.3 when closing the software. I have Windows 8.1 64bit with all latest updates.

The gearaspwdm filter does not pose any problem for AnyDVD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

@Lightning Bolt, @DaGoatRancher, any feedback on Lower/Upper filters as asked above?

It's not clear to me what is being asked for. It did not do this with 8.1.7.1 and I have not installed any new software between 8.1.7.1 and 8.1.7.3 I can downgrade to 8.1.7.1 and all is fine. This is happening with 8.1.7.4 as well FYI. Redfox should have some idea what the issue is here.

@DaGoatRancher. It's called debugging. I'm just offering the community my long experience at finding the source of problematic interactions of separate software builds in complex systems. This is one possible source of differences and similarities between systems exhibiting the symptoms reported and those without those symptoms. Feel free to help out or not.

Back