• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray Drive & DVD drive trays eject automatically after updating to AnyDVD 8.1.7.3

@DaGoatRancher. It's called debugging. I'm just offering the community my long experience at finding the source of problematic interactions of separate software builds in complex systems. This is one possible source of differences and similarities between systems exhibiting the symptoms reported and those without those symptoms. Feel free to help out or not.

I do a fair bit of complex trouble shooting myself so I should know better than to think that things are always black and white. I caught myself acting like one of my customers. I don't mess around in the registry so hopefully this is what you are asking for.

Filters.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks, @DaGoatRancher. That's what I was looking for. I'm not seeing a pattern, yet, but I didn't expect to be the solution, just hoping to provide the developers some extra data points.

I didn't ask about all the other potential differences/similarities between the glitching/non-glitching systems. Since some people have trouble, and others don't, and there's no O/S relationship, it's going to be an interaction with the system environment. How about CPU type (Intel/AMD, one or two or more physical CPUs, number of cores), video cards (manufacturer, driver level, hardware acceleration on/off), DRAM memory size... The list gets unwieldy, fast. Redfox will definitely know what they changed from one version to another but we both know one minor code change can reveal a bug that's been lurking.

I do a fair bit of complex trouble shooting myself so I should know better than to think that things are always black and white. I caught myself acting like one of my customers. I don't mess around in the registry so hopefully this is what your are asking for.

View attachment 34757
This is disappointing. I was hoping for some other filters to blame. ;)
Anyway, does AnyDVD 8.1.7.4 resolve the issue? Please reboot after installation to make sure, the new driver is active.

This is disappointing. I was hoping for some other filters to blame. ;)
Anyway, does AnyDVD 8.1.7.4 resolve the issue? Please reboot after installation to make sure, the new driver is active.

James. I installed 8.1.7.4 and it did not resolve the issue, but I did not reboot. So let me do that and see if 8.1.7.4 still has the issue. I will report back soon. Thanks.

Thanks, @DaGoatRancher. That's what I was looking for. I'm not seeing a pattern, yet, but I didn't expect to be the solution, just hoping to provide the developers some extra data points.

I didn't ask about all the other potential differences/similarities between the glitching/non-glitching systems. Since some people have trouble, and others don't, and there's no O/S relationship, it's going to be an interaction with the system environment. How about CPU type (Intel/AMD, one or two or more physical CPUs, number of cores), video cards (manufacturer, driver level, hardware acceleration on/off), DRAM memory size... The list gets unwieldy, fast. Redfox will definitely know what they changed from one version to another but we both know one minor code change can reveal a bug that's been lurking.

System Details. Also the last program installed was upgrade to Power DVD 17 Ultra on both machines I see the issue on. I am rebooting to see if the issue is resolved or not in 8.1.7.4

System.PNG

Restart with 8.1.7.4 installed did not resolve the issue. Still ejects the drive tray when exiting AnyDVD HD. I even shut down completely and started up again, and still same issue. I am willing to provide other information as time permits. Thanks.

Wait, is it possible that those HAVING the problem DON'T have the ElbyCDFL lower filter, and those who DON'T have "ejectitis" DO have the ElbyCDFL lower filter installed?

installed 8.1.7.5 This issue is resolved. No more disk tray ejection when exiting AnyDVD HD. Redfox must have figured out the issue. (y)

Installed 8.1.7.8 and this issue is back. Disk tray is ejecting itself when you exit AnyDVD HD. I did not reboot so I will try that and report if the issue persists after reboot.

Reboot did not help. Issue has returned in 8.1.7.8
No problem if I revert to 8.1.7.7 FYI

Installed 8.1.7.8 and this issue is back. Disk tray is ejecting itself when you exit AnyDVD HD.
Always? If there is a disc in the drive? If there is no disc in the drive?

EDIT:
Please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc.

Last edited:

EDIT:
That happened to me also but not with 8.1.7.8 , it happened in a few of the recently past betas. Always with no disc in drive.

EDIT:

With 8.1.7.8 installed the disk tray ejects every time you exit AnyDVD HD. With 8.1.7.7 it does not. In my case I did not have a disk in the drive so it was an empty disk drive. I have since tested with a disk in the drive and low and behold the drive does not eject if there is a disk in the drive when exiting AnyDVD HD. So in my case it only happens when there is an empty disk drive. Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.8_Info_F_TOP_GUN_DISC1.ziplog
    115.3 KB · Views: 1
With 8.1.7.8 installed the disk tray ejects every time you exit AnyDVD HD. With 8.1.7.7 it does not. In my case I did not have a disk in the drive so it was an empty disk drive. I have since tested with a disk in the drive and low and behold the drive does not eject if there is a disk in the drive when exiting AnyDVD HD. So in my case it only happens when there is an empty disk drive. Logfile attached.
If you don't have a disk in the drive, your tray is closed and you start AnyDVD, does the tray open (eject)?
Do you see other unwanted ejects in other situations (AnyDVD running and you insert disc)?

8.1.7.8 ejects my drives also. Switched back to 8.1.7.7 problem went away. James have you figured out what's causing this.

No, I have no idea.
Do you have the ability to compare the source code of different versions and step though each difference to double check for typos and other mistakes?
I used to find that very helpful when I was a programmer.

No. It does not eject the disk drive tray.
I have not noticed this happening in any other situation.
But you are certain, that if a disc is present and you exit AnyDVD, that the disc does not eject?

Back