• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avatar Netflix copy freezes at 50%

my drive is an:
LG CH08LS10 with latest firmware.

so, we are 99.99% sure the blue rays netflix/rentals have are just garbage?

At this point my feeling is that the discs are bad but I'm open to other possibilities as long as actual empirical evidence exists and as of now there isn't any. We have yet to see people do everything that Peer asked in his post here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=264168&postcount=22.

Can anyone provide some conclusive information here?

It's been requested a couple of times that a copy with Imgburn be done while AnyDVD is deactivated. Has anyone done that yet?
Without that information I have no choice but to agree with most others here and assume that those really ARE just bad discs.

Information required to clear this up:

- has anyone made a successful copy with AnyDVD from a netflix Avatar (note, there are two variants, log files would be required to tell which one is which).
- note that there may be a difference between "rip to ISO" and "rip to files"
- can the disc be copied with ImgBurn without AnyDVD running?
- can the main movie file 00002.m2ts be copied (via Windows Explorer) with AnyDVD disabled?
- does the movie play using the exact same drive that was used as copying failed? The information that it plays on the PS3 is utterly useless, those playstations have very good BD drives whereas a lot of the PC drives are junk.

Please answer at least some of these questions, that will help us draw some conclusions.

- can the disc be copied with ImgBurn without AnyDVD running
No, it errors out at 50%. However, ignore read errors was not selected. I do understand an image can be made, albeit, it takes the better part of forever to get through a portion of it, if ignore read errors is selected.

- can the main movie file 00002.m2ts be copied (via Windows Explorer) with AnyDVD disabled?
No. It fails instantly. Without hesitation. Without stuttering. Without even so much as something that could pass as an attempt to read it.

- does the movie play using the exact same drive that was used as copying failed?
It plays, however, sever pixilation, stuttering, and freezing takes place halfway through the movie.

I would try this as a fix:

1. Call-up Netflix and tell them their copy of Avatar is not playing properly on your player, and that you want another copy (different distribution center) directly mailed to you, if not you are going to downsize your subscription of Netflix.

2. Go to the Brick and Mortor store and get a Blu-ray rental copy of Avatar, and enjoy the NO PROBLEMS with the source disk.

3. Go to Redbox and get a standard definition version of Avatar for just $1.00 and enjoy the movie, with no problems, on your upscale DVD player at 1080P.

:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 6.6.4.6 and still have issues with Avatar bluray playback.

I am using TMT3 Platinum, and still have issues. Should I uninstall TMT3 and install PowerDVD 10?

What kind of issues? And are you using TMT3 175? Also please post a log from AnyDVD so we can see if we can help you with whatever's going on.

@ RefCache

Thanks, for the email address of Redbox for available Blu-ray rental by ZIP CODE, was not aware that it even existed.

No Blu-rays, no sewers, no natural gas, no high speed internet, in my zip code area, but maybe in the future.

:clap:

It plays, however, sever pixilation, stuttering, and freezing takes place halfway through the movie.

A sure sign of a manufacturing defect. I would guess bad spread of one of the data layers, or even a speck of glue near the edge. Some players and drives can handle this sort of thing better than others.

AACS protection failure!
BD+ protection failure!

Those are the only 2 errors I have gotten, and I tried [a useless program] and got the same error message. We are using 175, and from what I have read, it should not be a problem. I even upgraded the firmware for the BD drive as well, still no luck. I contacted Netflix (where I got the movie from), and they said that this is even happening with blu ray players as well. It is extremely frustrating because I have a feeling the special effects on the dvd format will not be as good. :(

Please post a log so we can take a look. Right click the AnyDVD icon on your task tray, select Create Logfile, and attach the zip file to a post in this thread.

Here's the Avatar log file

I have the same problem and here's the log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_D_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    242.5 KB · Views: 4
That is the exact same log I am getting. Thank you Charman123. I have upgraded to 6.6.4.6, and still getting that. Could it be that the disc was poorly pressed as well?

Could be. That's why I wanted to see your log to make sure you were up to date on AnyDVD and to take a look at some other stuff. Go ahead and post one with 6.6.4.6 (either of you) and I'll take another look.

I've moved some more posts here that I believe are related to this netflix disc. Guys, continue the discussion (and post new logs) here. Thanks.

I would try this as a fix:

1. Call-up Netflix and tell them their copy of Avatar is not playing properly on your player, and that you want another copy (different distribution center) directly mailed to you, if not you are going to downsize your subscription of Netflix.

2. Go to the Brick and Mortor store and get a Blu-ray rental copy of Avatar, and enjoy the NO PROBLEMS with the source disk.

3. Go to Redbox and get a standard definition version of Avatar for just $1.00 and enjoy the movie, with no problems, on your upscale DVD player at 1080P.

:agree:
I did option 1 and received my replacement disk today. It works fine.

Back