• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avatar Netflix copy freezes at 50%

newdamage1

It will rip to exactly 50% every-time. (no issue with any other discs) Disc is from N3tflix, but looks like a retail disc. Will play whole movie without issue in tmt3.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.5_Info_E_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    247.2 KB · Views: 26
Please see my bad disc guide. I'm quite sure you'll find the disc is defective or your drive is slowly dying. Yes, even if it can play the whole movie...

bad disc or dying drive seems to be the default answer for anything not easily explained.

That's because it's the correct answer over 95% of the time. The other one outta 20 comes back for a "round two" and the problem gets fixed anyway.

Of course being brand new to the forum you have more long term history with this stuff..
laugh.gif

-W

I'm getting the same problem as newdamage1. Looks like 6.6.4.5. didn't fix it.:(
we need a log.
but if you get a read error, it is a bad disk/drive because blue-ray have no structural protection.

6.6.4.5 handled the blue-ray from newdamage1 just fine.
he just has a bad disk.

later

It's completely impossible, of course, for there to be a bad batch of discs that were pressed poorly and sold to rental companies such as netflix. Such things have NEVER happened before, and are impossible. :rolleyes: :bang:

I am having the same issue with the Netflix rental,stops at 50% exactly, will post log file shortly.

Has anyone who's having this problem tried ripping it with ImgBurn with AnyDVD set to disabled? Do you still get an error at 50%?

How does it play on computer?
Set top player?
You have to see more than 50% of the movie
In order to reach the error?

I am having the same problem, with a disc from the same online rental company, freezing at exactly 50%.

The file size always ends up as: 25,025,314,816 byte

Attached are the log files from AnyDVD, IMGBurn save to image log, and the Graph file. Thank you for any assistance.

(Avatar.ZIP contains the 2 IMGBurn log files)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.5_Info_D_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    242 KB · Views: 10
    74.9 KB · Views: 5
We've not seen any structural protection on BD's so the presence of read errors in your log show that it's likely a bad disc. And given how many people are having the same issue, I would say it looks like a bad batch of discs with mastering errors. Awesome. Disc quality ROCKS...:bang:

I am having the same problem, with a disc from the same online rental company, freezing at exactly 50%.

The file size always ends up as: 25,025,314,816 byte

Attached are the log files from AnyDVD, IMGBurn save to image log, and the Graph file. Thank you for any assistance.

(Avatar.ZIP contains the 2 IMGBurn log files)
The read error happens while reading \BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts which appears to be the main movie file, so I would say the conclusion that the disc (and / or drive) is either dirty or defective, is correct.

That would be based on MANY MANY years of experience. If you can't make an image with ImgBurn WITHOUT AnyDVD running, it is NOT an AnyDVD issue. I wrote the bad disc guide for a reason. It's not just some made up BS. Disc quality SUCKS and far too many are bad simply from poor MFG. But hey, don't take my word for it. By all means, put it to the test.

I to have MANY MANY MANY (see, I have THREE Manys) years of experience, heck, even a year or two of some professional authoring. Also, not taking your word for it was a wise move. My empirical evidence: 2 different drives, 2 different disc's, Both do not work w\anydvd, but do rip fine with a competitors product.

But I digress, this very well could be a disc manufacturing issue and the other product handled it...differently. I would be curious to see how those that are also having this issue fair with working with the "other" software. If you get a chance to check it out, post back.

Of course being brand new to the forum you have more long term history with this stuff..
laugh.gif

-W

rofl, Nice Troll. 3/10. keep tryin' you'll get better!

I to have MANY MANY MANY (see, I have THREE Manys) years of experience, heck, even a year or two of some professional authoring. Also, not taking your word for it was a wise move. My empirical evidence: 2 different drives, 2 different disc's, Both do not work w\anydvd, but do rip fine with a competitors product.

But I digress, this very well could be a disc manufacturing issue and the other product handled it...differently. I would be curious to see how those that are also having this issue fair with working with the "other" software. If you get a chance to check it out, post back.

The competing product may simply drop any sectors it finds in error. In which case, there will be visible problems in your rip. I'm assuming you did watch it from start to finish without any such problems....right? Otherwise your empirical evidence only shows that they ignore errors instead of treating them like they should be treated....as a problem.

Oh, and one more thing. The idea of ripping with ImgBurn with AnyDVD disabled is to show that the errors in question are NOT an AnyDVD issue and are in fact a problem with your disc. If it can't be ripped with ImgBurn, the disc and/or drive is defective...simple as that. You may be fine with a competing product ignoring the errors and dropping data, but, neither AnyDVD nor ImgBurn feel this is the correct way to handle these situations.

ok so... same problem as everyone else... avatar blue ray from netflix fails at 50% with 6.6.4.6.

we all agree netflix got ***** disks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, pretty much. As I replied to the person that was having DVD issues, it may be possible to make an image with AnyDVD disabled using ImgBurn if there's an option in ImgBurn to ignore read errors. I don't recommend this at all. A bad disc is a bad disc. I think Netflix got completely screwed on their BD and DVD shipment quite frankly. Both seem defective from what we're seeing.

Are we super duper sure this isn't some new protection like they did with DVD's? Avatar is a High Profile release, and this is alot of blu-rays that are messed up. To be honest the movie plays perfectly without so much as a hiccup or any distortion whatsoever on my PS3, the only problem is with backing it up. It's easy to blame this on bad mastering, but since its happened with so many and the movie plays fine on the PS3, it just doesn't make sence to continue to play out this argument that they somehow got just sloppy enough on mastering to mess up AnyDVD but not so sloppy to keep it from working on a standard Blu-ray player. And if that truly is the case, it's probably the same bad sector for everyone, so why not just drop it and see if the player corrects it?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.6_Info_H_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    239.7 KB · Views: 2
Back