• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure not being recognized by my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meaning what?
Only an acusical feedback for the connection. Removing the device from USB makes a different sound. This is only a control for a defective cable or a not working plug on your laptop / desktop machine.

Pioneer has modified it's newest firmware so the drives don't work any more with AnyDVD and Makemkv. Work to fix that is in progress but not finished until now. So for now stay away from Pioneer unless yo can find one whose firmware is older than Dec. 2022.

Pioneer XS08 could be an option in near future, I bet. In the moment it is under testing with FW 1.00 - no libre drive option available at the moment :(.
Sent you a PM
what is libre drive? Region free?

Pioneer has modified it's newest firmware so the drives don't work any more with AnyDVD and Makemkv. Work to fix that is in progress but not finished until now. So for now stay away from Pioneer unless yo can find one whose firmware is older than Dec. 2022.
Was gonna ask why the work arounds, ah ok i see. And i wouldnt know what firmware it is until i get it i take it?

As told by MakeMKV there is no firmware to work out of the box with libre drive.
May be you can ask there?

As told by MakeMKV there is no firmware to work out of the box with libre drive.
May be you can ask there?
im not sure what you mean by libre drive, can you/someone clarify what libre drive is?

Libre drive is a function that is only supported when MakeMKV running in the background.

im not sure what you mean by libre drive, can you/someone clarify what libre drive is?
Libredrive bypasses the bus encryption which is sending encrypted data on the SATA connection between drive and PC. AnyDVD can only handle bus encryption of "friendly drives" e.g. LG BH16NS55. Makemkv can also bypass official drives like LG BH16NS60 or BP60NB10 and Pioneer drives with firmware before Dec. 2022.
AnyDVD since recently starts a command line in the background and invokes Makemkv. This way AnyDVD can now also decrypt UHDs with offical drives and older Pioneer drives.

Libredrive bypasses the bus encryption which is sending encrypted data on the SATA connection between drive and PC. AnyDVD can only handle bus encryption of "friendly drives" e.g. LG BH16NS55. Makemkv can also bypass official drives like LG BH16NS60 or BP60NB10 and Pioneer drives with firmware before Dec. 2022.
AnyDVD since recently starts a command line in the background and invokes Makemkv. This way AnyDVD can now also decrypt UHDs with offical drives and older Pioneer drives.
Great explanation, thank you.

Whats better the one you linked to https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electroni...66272&sprefix=lg+bp60nb10,aps,203&sr=8-3&th=1

or this one? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...8umb_s_uhd_clamshell_blu_ray_disc_writer.html

Right now I can only recommend the LG. If the Pioneer has the newest firmware it won't work at all for UHD.
K thanks, lets see how this one works out then. What firmware does it need to be flashed with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back