• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure not being recognized by my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full size LGs should be flashed to BH16NS60 1.02 or WH16NS60 1.03.
K cool. Is a portable considered a full size? Also, what's the difference between the BH16NS60 1.02 or WH16NS60 1.03 firmwares?

The portable (slim) BP60NB10 should be flashed to BP60NB10 1.02 from the firmware pack. The other recommendation was for a 5,25" drive.

Full size LGs should be flashed to BH16NS60 1.02 or WH16NS60 1.03.
Thank you, will aim at flashing it when it arrives. Is there anything i need to know as a heads up, somethings i need to be aware of before doing it on a practical level?

Not really. Make sure power via USB is good / sufficient.

Last edited:
Not really. Make sure power via USB is good / sufficient.
Meaning what, that both USBs ends are plugged in? Also do i follow that manual you linked for the BP60NB10 to be flashed to BP60NB10 1.02? It just arrived today. i plugged it in and it reads as saying:

I 17:28:13 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 17:28:13 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 17:28:13 Total Physical Memory: 66,961,456 KiB - Available: 45,300,480 KiB
I 17:28:13 Initialising SPTI...
I 17:28:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 17:28:13 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP60NB10 1.02 (F:) (USB 2.0)
I 17:28:13 Found 1 BD-RE XL!

Reboot in any case to be sure. Put an UHD in it. Doesn't matter which software. If AnyDVD post an AnyDVD log file. Right click the fox. Create log file. To be sure it is enabled post a makemkv status file. It will "hopefully" say Libredrive enabled.

Reboot in any case to be sure. Put an UHD in it. Doesn't matter which software. If AnyDVD post an AnyDVD log file. Right click the fox. Create log file. To be sure it is enabled post a makemkv status file. It will "hopefully" say Libredrive enabled.
i rebooted both, now it wont open..

Reconnect.
it just flashes the green light when i try to open it, but it wont open, it also doesnt show on the usb remove but that may be because theres no disk in it, it shows up in file explorer though

Run Makemkv. Show status.

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK04N4SJ540
Firmware date: 2120-05-08 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 63

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

though i manually put a disk in using a paperclip, it says no disk is inserted.

That's weird. The Makemkv information looks good. If you got it via Amazon return it. It should not be picky and I guess you received a returned drive.

That's weird. The Makemkv information looks good. If you got it via Amazon return it. It should not be picky and I guess you received a returned drive.
it i believe it was new, the plastic was sealed. I shouldnt try to reflash it with bootloader checked or some other firmware? Theyll take it back with a bad firmware flash? Maaybe i should flash it with the official or martymcnuts firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back