• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure not being recognized by my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like silver, go with the old Stones song: Paint it black. 😀
Lol guess I'll put up with the silver, not sure it'll be great to smell permanent marker everytime I want to rip a 4k disk.

One warning: If the drive contains a Pioneer UD03 instead of a UD04: Return it! The UD03 is not UHD capable! Just run Makemkv with the drive attached. It will show the drive information.

One warning: If the drive contains a Pioneer UD03 instead of a UD04: Return it! The UD03 is not UHD capable! Just run Makemkv with the drive attached. It will show the drive information.
So youve seen them send an o3 even though an 04 was ordered? Yea i'll keep watch out for that thank you.

Ok so the drive came in, its connected to the laptop and works it seems, how do i see the model number via software since i see nothing indicating what it is on the outside of the enclosure and it says if you open the enclosure you void the warranty?

If you have got ImgBurn installed it looks like this omn the right side:
1687052432195.png

...same for MakeMKV on the right side too:

1687052559408.png

Last edited:
Wenn Sie ImgBurn installiert haben, werden Ihnen alle wichtigen Dinge angezeigt.
Meins ist deutsch, aber die Knöpfe sind an der gleichen Position:
View attachment 72589

Das Gleiche gilt für MakeMKV. Schauen Sie sich die rechte Seite im Infofeld an:

View attachment 72590
Thank you, i used Imgburn.. its 03... i guess its being returned..how do i ensure its 04..??

QUOTE="Dominick_7, post: 609117, member: 147586"]
Thank you, i used Imgburn.. its 03... i guess its being returned..how do i ensure its 04..??
[/QUOTE]

That depends on the manufactoring date. Amazon has the fifo system (First in, first out)
You should return and order again. I would do so.
Maybe @coopervid suggest an other drive that works, or has a new idea for you. Normaly you have 30 days to return - So there is no need to hurry here and enough time to make a plan.

Funny thing 😁 Quote is like in the preview 🤷‍♂️

Pioneer XS08 could be an option in near future, I bet. In the moment it is under testing with FW 1.00 - no libre drive option available at the moment :(.
Sent you a PM

QUOTE="Dominick_7, post: 609117, member: 147586"]

That depends on the manufactoring date. Amazon has the fifo system (First in, first out)
You should return and order again. I would do so.
Maybe @coopervid suggest an other drive that works, or has a new idea for you. Normaly you have 30 days to return - So there is no need to hurry here and enough time to make a plan.
[/QUOTE]
Crap.. So it's a crap shoot? Is there one I know can handle triple layer without having to return a bunch first?

Pioneer XS08 could be an option in near future, I bet. In the moment it is under testing with FW 1.00 - no libre drive option available at the moment :(.
Sent you a PM
Hmm ok. No other confirmed fully working options?

Hmm ok. No other confirmed fully working options?
Unfortunately not - At least for the moment. Good drives in slim form are rare. I took a look on amazon.com and could not figure out what you could buy best for your purpose.
To be honest: I was pretty sure that @coopervid could help here. I only use 5,25" drives for my desktop and I am not familar with slim drives.

hmm ok, yea i looked not much.. what about these? What you put in search portable 4k burner 100gb?

Unfortunately not - At least for the moment. Good drives in slim form are rare. I took a look on amazon.com and could not figure out what you could buy best for your purpose.
To be honest: I was pretty sure that @coopervid could help here. I only use 5,25" drives for my desktop and I am not familar with slim drivehmmm

An acustic signal like a doorbell. We call it dongle here in Germany. 😁
We call it a dongle in Sint Maarten also. , the chime sound plays when a peripheral device is connected or disconnected from your computer.:giggle::giggle:

Return it. No good options now. Verbatim with the UD04 will not ship from EU. The OWC is $60 in the US, Maybe the best option if you don't want to wait until Pioneers are flashable again.
K. Guess ill just get the OWC Mercury enclosure then.
We call it a dongle in Sint Maarten also. , the chime sound plays when a peripheral device is connected or disconnected from your computer.:giggle::giggle:
Ahhh lol I see k. I think it made a sound but nothing happens.

The dongle only says that it is connected by USB. It does not mean that it is working fine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back