• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Expectations & Misconceptions
You will see people in this forum with different expectations than what the product advertises. It does not record video streams… it downloads them and places them inside an MP4 container (video file). You will never see a quality choice greater than 1080 between the Providers. However, currently D+ and Hulu only offer up to 720 content. If you are looking for a 4K solution, this is not the product for you due to HDCP copy protection protocols.

I can't validate this, but it has been reported that HMax can sometimes allow 4k downloads through AS.

Yes at least some movies are available on Hmax

View attachment 61522

Thanks for sharing that @Xander

It looks like I'll need to subscribe once things settle down with these DRM changes. I'll be sure to update my guide once I've had some exposure to your findings.
However, considering AnyStream does not "officially" support 4K, it's important that new comers don't come in with that expectation; but instead, just appreciate the 4K easter egg that you confirmed and @0Cool alluded to.

Thanks again...

Updated topics:
  • Table of Contents updated downloadable AnyStream User Guide (Unofficial) Rev 1.2
  • Purpose & Resources added a brief update under Expectations & Misconceptions on the topic of 4K content availability and added a Download Tokens section.
  • Provider Settings & Download Queue added a Moving Downloads section that provides details on how you can drag titles in your queue up or down the list.

Updated topics:
  1. Table of Contents updated downloadable AnyStream User Guide (Unofficial) Rev 1.4
  2. Forum Support added a sub-bullet regarding the Changelog/Release Notes and two new subsections: Network Latency Issues (inspired by @DQ post) and System Performance.

Last edited:
FANTASTIC JOB wish I had found this thread sooner! Thank You(y)

FANTASTIC JOB wish I had found this thread sooner! Thank You(y)
This thread was made 2 years ago, I wouldn't put too much stock in it, VPNs have changed 100% in the last 2 years, and providers are blocking 99% of the VPN IPs. This guide is Unofficial.

Last edited:
I know there are some subtitle enthusiasts out there that like them separate for reasons unknown to me.
FYI, I like them as SRT files so I can edit them easily. The rest of this post is optional.

(I'm a programmer, so if I see a quick solution to a problem that I can implement easily, I do that instead of looking for a tool. I am guessing there is a tool that allows you to edit subtitle streams in an MP4 file. An example of something in an SRT file that is easy to fix with Perl: time-shifting forward or backward. It drives me nuts when the words on the screen don't show up when the person speaks them. I've had to apply this fix a number of times. Another example is: weird, multi-byte characters like an apostrophe that my player [an older version of Plex] shows as a quotation mark. Another example: My older player cannot handle WEBVTT subtitles, so I change them to "regular" SRT subtitles. I save the original streams in case I upgrade my player.)

Back