• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Error on HBOMax

dtsig

just got my first errors in weeks ... HBOMax, The Kings Man failed part way in ... KIMI came up with can't retrieve play list. attached is log

Thanks
DTsig

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
just got my first errors in weeks ... HBOMax, The Kings Man failed part way in ... KIMI came up with can't retrieve play list. attached is log

Thanks
DTsig
I will take a peek, it may have been a network error, lets see, have you tried it again since that time?

Thanks
DTsig
Yup just as I thought is was a network error,
were you on wifi or ethernet?
00:01:42.937 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] Request #26 has encountered a network error with code 5

I am on wifi ... i thought as much .. just retried and both are working now. Thanks

You know I am always here for you bro.;)

RF1, should there maybe be a sticky about AS and network issues or "quality"? I think it is just human nature to assume that AS is super lenient as it relates to folks home networks like say email or a web browser is. But the reality is (due to the nature of what it is doing) it's fairly sensitive to things like high latency, jitter and packet loss. Now , of course, I did not write AS so I am gleaning that from my own experiences and posts here on forum.

That is nothing more than food for thought. Thanks.

And honestly, how does Chevron know?
He has written many stickies for the project and yes people do not seem to pay attention to them, they just post, and then most leave to come back to see if their issue is solved.

RF1, should there maybe be a sticky about AS and network issues or "quality"? I think it is just human nature to assume that AS is super lenient as it relates to folks home networks like say email or a web browser is. But the reality is (due to the nature of what it is doing) it's fairly sensitive to things like high latency, jitter and packet loss. Now , of course, I did not write AS so I am gleaning that from my own experiences and posts here on forum.

That is nothing more than food for thought. Thanks.
It actually not that DQ, all networks lose their connection for a few seconds, either the signal gets weak or something just has to block them for a second while you are downloading and you will get a network error, some networks are more prone to a few seconds of failure than others. Usually wifi more often than ethernet. Noone is going to know what's happening unless I read a log file.

Last edited:
It actually not that DQ, all networks lose their connection for a few seconds, either the signal gets weak or something just has to block them for a second while you are downloading and you will get a network error, some networks are more prone to a few seconds of failure than others. Usually wifi more often than ethernet. Noone is going to know what's happening unless I read a log file.

I am going to have to disagree with you a little on that network thing, it just really depends. Sure ,a lost packet once in awhile (relatively speaking) is normal and TCP generally takes care of that with retransmissions (when using TCP like in this case here) but I think the issue comes in with a "high" number of lost packets. And yes that is far more common on Wifi (and cellular) for obvious reasons. So what I am getting at is that on a fairly stable network AS is not bothered under normal conditions but when we cross some threshold in errors (lost or late packets) AS stumbles a bit. Not the fault of the app in my mind just the nature of what it is doing.

And the interesting part of all that is this. You might have a "dirty" network and many applications just deal with it and you don't notice lulling you into the belief your network is in good shape. But then you maybe try a VOIP call or play a twitchy online game and find that something is not right all of a sudden. I have seen that a zillion times, particularly with VOIP.

Sorry for being picky and technical. I am not trying to be argumentative but networking is what I do and have done for a living. So in this case I speak from experience. :p

Hi DQ, I am not dismissing your knowledge or your ideas, but making a sticky about it is just a waste of space, lets assume everything you say is correct and I am sure it is, go back to the beginning of this thread. The user had an issue, he correctly posted a logfile, would have not done that if he read your stickie? You Tell me.

Back