• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Pro licensing model

Our developers are working hard to keep AnyStream working, adding new feature and - last not least - adding more streaming providers. Adding a provider is not as trivial as it sounds, it needs a lot of work and we will not be able to add them without any charge - there is no free lunch in the city.
Charging separately for each streaming provider would be an option, but at the end this will be too complicated for our customers and uncomfortable when they switch providers frequently.
Our intention is to keep it simple with a "basic" version of AnyStream that covers the already available 3 global services Amazon/Netflix/Disney and a "Pro" version that includes all streaming providers beyond A/N/D.
Pro will cost 50 EUR on top (no matter if 1y or lifetime), upgrade will be 60 EUR (for sure with a nice discount in introductory phase).

Feel free to blame us for being greedy, feedback welcome.
Do you guys have a set roadmap as to what services you'll add to AnyStream Pro? Considering it's a 60 euro upgrade, which is almost nearing the price of what I paid for this program, it would be more than just Hulu, yeah? Frankly i'd love to see queue functionality for TV shows more than providers and wouldn't mind paying to get that earlier

Do you guys have a set roadmap as to what services you'll add to AnyStream Pro? Considering it's a 60 euro upgrade, which is almost nearing the price of what I paid for this program, it would be more than just Hulu, yeah? Frankly i'd love to see queue functionality for TV shows more than providers and wouldn't mind paying to get that earlier
Hi Sally, the question has been asked and answered in this thread. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-pro-licensing-model.81649/#post-546019
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-pro-licensing-model.81649/#post-546017

Sure, but I am not a native speaker - what does 'pretty' mean? It means that the versions definitely only differ in providers?
pretty clear = ziemlich klar in German. I expect you are German by your nickname.

pretty clear = ziemlich klar in German. I expect you are German by your nickname.
Thank you, coopervid, I had a feeling my answer wouldn't be clear enough, it's a pleasure to have a bi-lingual person here.

Just my opinion on a few things.

- I like the pro model and the flat price for it vs. a la carte per provider
- So long as updates and provider additions continue I think the price is fair
- I think moving Hulu to pro is very unfair since it is already part of the application. If you wanted to make that Pro you should have held off in my personal opinion. That is essentially removing a feature after releasing it, again, I believe that to be not only unfair but a bad business practice that I do disagree with.

Just my 2 cents on it.

I asked that question, where did you see an answer to it?

Assuming you meant this:
Only the developers can answer that, I am sure they will choose excellent providers, that everyone will be happy to have. While everyone's taste is different and some providers are only available in certain countries, it will be hard to promise anything to anybody. I hope you understand that.

The first sentence says only the developers can answer it. Since you aren't a developer, it hasn't been answered and I think it is a fair question for people to ask.

@DQ it's part of the BETA version, not a full normal release. The key word here is BETA. Such version (of any program to be clear) are by definition meant to TEST certain functionality and if it's working as it should. It's then up to the developers of that software application to make a choice of it becomes a function in the standard or pro release.

It's a mistake to assume all features of any application that gets tested in a beta version will be available to all users. And just to be clear, in the case of Anystream this could theoretically apply to features (for example batch downloading) as well streaming providers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

- I think moving Hulu to pro is very unfair since it is already part of the application.
Only a beta version in forum has been released with Hulu. For each new provider we are forced to do a public beta first.

I asked that question, where did you see an answer to it?
Maybe this should be clarified on the product page where you can see the differences between AS and AS Pro and in the forum FAQ/Read me before you post.
Again, I want to mention myself as a english/german translator if you need one for this (the AS Pro product page) and if there should be any other new things to translate in future updates.
In this matter I also want to mention that this page is not german right now. Is this intention or not?
https://www.redfox.bz/terms.html

Maybe this should be clarified on the product page where you can see the differences between AS and AS Pro and in the forum FAQ/Read me before you post.
Again, I want to mention myself as a english/german translator if you need one for this (the AS Pro product page) and if there should be any other new things to translate in future updates.
In this matter I also want to mention that this page is not german right now. Is this intention or not?
We have coopervid, he is a German citizen and a very knowledgeable Moderator, but thank you for your nice offer.

I have a lifetime license and am ready to upgrade to PRO. But before you start collecting the money I am relying on a clear roadmap on when and what providers will be added. It would be nice if you released the PRO version with a new provider included, just to encourage users to buy. Otherwise I am not sure to pay for the PRO now and wait who knows when you will add new providers.

We have coopervid, he is a German citizen and a very knowledgeable Moderator, but thank you for your nice offer.
Thanks for your answer. I'm fine with it, just keep me in mind if you ever need one.
By the way, I am also a native german speaker.

I took your hint.

I have lifetime licence of AS. So can I continued use it for AP and D+ (i dont have NF)? Do you continued to update the basic version of AS with new functionality (not providers)?

No Hulu in my country....so I dont need AS Pro......I dont known who are others providers......

I think you will add known and available providers in various countries, but it is normal for the trade rule, so you can have more new customers. Could be I am wrong......

I have a lifetime license and am ready to upgrade to PRO. But before you start collecting the money I am relying on a clear roadmap on when and what providers will be added. It would be nice if you released the PRO version with a new provider included, just to encourage users to buy. Otherwise I am not sure to pay for the PRO now and wait who knows when you will add new providers.

Technically, they are. If you don't buy PRO, you'll lose Hulu (if that matters to you).

The Pro version is launching with a new provider included: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-pro-licensing-model.81649/page-2#post-546032

I can understand that and even if I know that Redfox does not do any ETAs, I would support your wish. But... if they are not ready to add new providers (soon), it would be pointless for me to release a Pro version or not?
But maybe they could tell us some providers they want to add with the clear hint that this is not a promise or something to keep their ETA behavior thing.

There is no fixed roadmap for new providers, as there's no definite way of knowing how long it will take to reverse engineer a provider's streaming platform. Then there's the small but important issue, image they're just about done to make a beta release with a new provider and that provider makes a change to their platform and they have to start from scratch again. There's goes your fixed roadmap out the window.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back