• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an LG External BE16NU50 from Best Buy (awaiting delivery). I think I saw on these forums that this. Is a UHD frindly burner (hope I did not mis-read that). Anyway, is there a specific firmware version I should be looking for? I suppose being brand new it would not have any updated firmware from the manufacturing date. I really am not ready to begin UHD yet, as I do not even have a 4K TV and am not planing on one anytime soon, however, when I DO I did not want to miss out and all of the UHD friendly ones be gone and the only thing left was official drives that have no chance of working for me in this endeavor. Thanks for any responses.

This is the drive I use. Just bought it about a month ago. Came with 1.01 firmware. Leaving it at that. Not updating anything. And when I'm not using it I turn it off (switch on the rear). Whenever there are Windows updates, I unplug the USB cable (just to be safe). It is a very good drive and works great with UHD discs so far.

My BH16NS55 has officially been installed & AnyDVD UHD confirmed working!

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 43884704 sectors (85712 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: FANTASTIC_BEASTS
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 61
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.

Excellent work @James!

no way in hell i'll update that drive to fw 1.03. And i'll keep my previous NS40 as backup drive. Since that one still works flawlessly too. Ripping started at 10.84MB/s but i've got no reference if that's fast or slow. Slowly increasing speed. It rips, so that's all i care about :) Next test will be with PDVD 17

You can crossflash it to ASUS 3.00, 3.01 or 3.02 firmware for increasing ripping speed using the patched Windows executable of LG Flasher.

But if you're not in a hurry, leave things as they are. ;)

UP to 19.2MB already and rising so that's a plus :). There's no chance in hell im crossflashing a perfectly functioning drive with desired firmware to anything other than what it's supposed to be. LG has never let me down yet.

Thx for the offer, but no thanks. ETA is already down from 2+h to 1.5 I do all my ripping when i get home from work or in the weekend anyway, so i'm in no hurry at all :)

@TeddyRaspin, you seem to have a lot of experience with flashing these types of drives. I've got a couple of questions, if you have time. Maybe the answers will help someone else as well.

I've got an external ESATA tower box with 5 BD-REWH16NS40 drives, all showing version 1.00 firmware. These are all working well to backup my purchased UHD discs using the latest AnyDVD HD. Lovely, that.

But, I've never been able to get the stock LG firmware updater to work with these drives, probably because the tower box uses a SATA port multiplier.

What method should I be able to use to update the firmware on these devices? Must I extract the drives out of this box to bypass the port multiplier, or should I be able to get this to work with the DOS tools you've talked about?

Finally, which firmware should I be putting into these drives to get the best transfer rates? Right now they peak at about 20 MB/sec.

Thank you for your attention.

Cheers,

--michael

@mbarnstijn

ESATA is a different thing instead of a pure SATA/IDE connection. I don't know why the LG firmware updater fails for your devices, but the tower box could be one of the possible reasons.

Regarding upgrading firmware, I suggest you first to dump original firmware of each LG drive (you can do it using the devilsclaw's flasher), send fw to me and then attach each device as SATA Master to your motherboard

flashing to Asus 3.02 (I will provide you each 3.02 firmware with correct data checkum, calibration data, drive signature etc etc) in order to reach up to 35-36 MB/s during ripping process in AnyDVD HD!! ;)

Mine's already up to 24.55MB at 40% in, thats fine for me. I'm in no rush :) and i'm not going to mess with a brand new drive that works fine. Thx, but no thanks

Mine's already up to 24.55MB at 40% in, thats fine for me. I'm in no rush :) and i'm not going to mess with a brand new drive that works fine. Thx, but no thanks
Smart very smart.... no touchy. ...welcome to the club

@Ch3vr0n : is the disc you're ripping a 50 GB one?
I am looking for information on if it's possible to watch a movie live from disc using AnyDVD and one of those drives (I don't rip most of my discs).
Wikipedia page on UHD BD lists "three disc capacities, each with their own data rate: 50 GB 82 Mbps, 66 GB 108 Mbps, 100 GB 128 Mbps". If it's a 50 GB/82 Mbps disc then 10,84 MB/s ripping speed at the start is fine, but it would not be enough for a 66/100 GB.
Thanks!

@Ch3vr0n : is the disc you're ripping a 50 GB one?
I am looking for information on if it's possible to watch a movie live from disc using AnyDVD and one of those drives (I don't rip most of my discs).
Wikipedia page on UHD BD lists "three disc capacities, each with their own data rate: 50 GB 82 Mbps, 66 GB 108 Mbps, 100 GB 128 Mbps". If it's a 50 GB/82 Mbps disc then 10,84 MB/s ripping speed at the start is fine, but it would not be enough for a 66/100 GB.
Thanks!
No ripping only. Once ripped then you can burn it and watch in mpcbe madvr or whatever. Put in mkv you can watch it stream it, eat it, wash it, play it on hardware player via USB oppo player on and on. Keeping in mkv bypasses audio protection on hardware players

As visible in the OP, no. It's a full sized quad layer one
Total size: 43884704 sectors (85712 MBytes)

It started out at 10.84MB/sec, peaked at over 17, now at 67% its down to 12.5. That speed is just fine for ripping. And i do mean ripping, not playing. That'll be done from the ISO on the HDD. You're confusing Megabits per second (Mbps) and MegaBytes (MBps) per second and even MiBiBytes (MiBips) per second.

17MBps = 136Mbps = perfectly within range of a quad layer disc, in fact even slightly above the going rate. Currently at 11MB/sec which is still above the desired rate for a triple layer disc.

Another user played 4k rip on his TV and had to unplug it's eithernet as it still detected the hidden 4k watermark on his uhd player

i don't have any 4K gear other than this drive :) Bought it PURELY as an experiment and to help out with testing (when needed) for UHD support. I hadn't done this with the key file method as it was too cumbersome. Wasn't about to go dig through a shitload of leaked keys, then go to my retail store and get a disc that was on the list and HOPE it would work. Too "risky", with this new method it was an easy choice. Get drive, insert drive, get random disc, see if it works. And it did. Much easier

and as i'm typing this it's back up to 16MBps :p

My BH16NS55 has officially been installed & AnyDVD UHD confirmed working!

Excellent work @James!

no way in hell i'll update that drive to fw 1.03. And i'll keep my previous NS40 as backup drive. Since that one still works flawlessly too. Ripping started at 10.84MB/s but i've got no reference if that's fast or slow. Slowly increasing speed. It rips, so that's all i care about :) Next test will be with PDVD 17
That's what I've done, I have both the Asus BW-16D1HT and the LG NS50 drive installed but only the Asus currently connected for use. If something goes wrong with the Asus I have the LG as backup.

Well ripping completed succesfully but i'm getting sound but no video on PDVD. Probably because i'm not using a Z270 based system and playing back through my GTX 1080 and not iGPU. I'm fine with converting :)

Most of us with older machines running Full HD have the exact same problem with PDVD and UHD. I'm running a 1060 in my machine which is more than enough for UHD but it still doesn't work. Once I switch over to J River MC it works perfectly.

ugh, might consider a purchase for testing purposes. PM me will you, cause i read things such as LAV filters, MadVR & stuff.

Another user played 4k rip on his TV and had to unplug it's eithernet as it still detected the hidden 4k watermark on his uhd player
What watermark? Cinavia? Disconnecting Ethernet shouldn't help. Spening 40 bucks for an X96 player with LibreElec Kodi will. ;)

Has anyone been able to successfully connect to the AnyDVD servers using this feature in the last day? I've been trying every few hours and getting the same error message about 'try later'. I'm starting to think the message is also used for when a disc isn't supported, could you confirm whether this is the case @James?

Yup I did a few hours ago (post 302). Worked fine

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back