• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once AnyDVD is installed should PowerDVD 17 be able to play the disc? I keep getting this error:

Run Cyberlink's UHD Advisor, this will tell you if it considers your hardware UHD Bluray worthy or not.

I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol

+1

recently i received my new Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware v3.02 (manufactured on 2017/11).
however, when i put UHD disk (Hidden Figures) into this device, it only spins for several seconds and then spins down.
therefore i can see nothing in my computer.

yesterday i bought another one on different online shop. it still can't recognise UHD.

both two devices can recognise UHD only after I reflash v3.02 gathered from myce.

it seems ASUS mod v3.02 for recently BW-16D1HTs in Taiwan.
so even it comes with firmware v3.02, it doesn't mean this firmware is 100% UHD friendly.

Last edited:
I would like to use AnyDVD to make iso of my 4k movies but kept getting error processing Blu-ray disc Please check the anydvd status window. Work ok with regular Blu ray. I using the trial version downloaded yesterday.

I would like to use AnyDVD to make iso of my 4k movies but kept getting error processing Blu-ray disc Please check the anydvd status window. Work ok with regular Blu ray. I using the trial version downloaded yesterday.

UHD friendly drive?

Please create your own topic for proper support. This multi-page topic isn't the best place for trouble shooting, it's a general discussion topic. Describe the problem and don't forget to include an anydvd logfile of the problematic disc.

Run Cyberlink's UHD Advisor, this will tell you if it considers your hardware UHD Bluray worthy or not.
I guess this means it will not play the disc, even if AnyDVD removes the DRM

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 37
Is anyone on an older intel chipset able to get PowerDVD to play the discs? I know SGX is required for official UHD discs, but i was hoping having any DVD remove the DRM would also remove this restriction.

Is anyone on an older intel chipset able to get PowerDVD to play the discs? I know SGX is required for official UHD discs, but i was hoping having any DVD remove the DRM would also remove this restriction.
This is correct, PowerDVD doesn't require SGX, if AnyDVD is running. However, my Intel graphics is too old (Sandy Bridge) or I have Nvidia graphics (doesn't work).

Is there any software that will play the disc? I normally rip to MKVs, but when the disc has multiple tracks it's often easier to play the disc to figure out which track is correct.

Is there any software that will play the disc? I normally rip to MKVs, but when the disc has multiple tracks it's often easier to play the disc to figure out which track is correct.
Google my name and goto hometheater 101. There are videos that will show u everything on UHD and Blu-ray playback.

I guess this means it will not play the disc, even if AnyDVD removes the DRM

I'm still new to this but from what I understand the only reason the "friendly" drives work is due to a loop hole in the protection. This only allows you to see the contents, where if you had an "official" drive it would require certificates that the "player" provides to see the disc/contents. So yes with the friendly drive you have the ability to see it, but it still has to be decrypted to watch/play the files. Official software like Powerdvd/etc still check to make sure the drive accepts the certificates, aka "friendly" drives don't so they won't play it. You have to use a different player like VLC/Media Player Classic/etc..

if any of this is wrong please re-educate me.
Thanks

That
I'm still new to this but from what I understand the only reason the "friendly" drives work is due to a loop hole in the protection. This only allows you to see the contents, where if you had an "official" drive it would require certificates that the "player" provides to see the disc/contents. So yes with the friendly drive you have the ability to see it, but it still has to be decrypted to watch/play the files. Official software like Powerdvd/etc still check to make sure the drive accepts the certificates, aka "friendly" drives don't so they won't play it. You have to use a different player like VLC/Media Player Classic/etc..

if any of this is wrong please re-educate me.
Thanks
Correct

Hi, at the moment what is the procedure to be able to decrypt the new UHD.
is there any log or some folder to send?

Procedure? Same on as always. Insert the disc, done.
Disc not yet supported? Wait, logfiles are NOT requested at this time.

I have only tried to play it on my network media player the Zappiti 4K mini and so far so good. I used AnyDVD HD to rip the disc to ISO and played perfectly (no menu support, however I'm sure that would work too).

I just purchased an LG External BE16NU50 from Best Buy (awaiting delivery). I think I saw on these forums that this. Is a UHD frindly burner (hope I did not mis-read that). Anyway, is there a specific firmware version I should be looking for? I suppose being brand new it would not have any updated firmware from the manufacturing date. I really am not ready to begin UHD yet, as I do not even have a 4K TV and am not planing on one anytime soon, however, when I DO I did not want to miss out and all of the UHD friendly ones be gone and the only thing left was official drives that have no chance of working for me in this endeavor. Thanks for any responses.

I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol
With Win 10 Pro you can use the policy editor to prevent device driver updates and on non-Pro versions, you can set a registry key to prevent the driver update. That said, I'm not sure it's such a good idea as it will likely prevent updating devices that probably need updating.

Also to consider, it's not really the driver that we're talking about here but the device firmware and I'm not sure Windows Update will update a particular device's firmware. But it's Windows so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back