• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Win 10 Pro you can use the policy editor to prevent device driver updates and on non-Pro versions, you can set a registry key to prevent the driver update. That said, I'm not sure it's such a good idea as it will likely prevent updating devices that probably need updating.

Also to consider, it's not really the driver that we're talking about here but the device firmware and I'm not sure Windows Update will update a particular device's firmware. But it's Windows so anything is possible.
There are no new burner drivers for optical drives. Win 10 uses the same generic driver I'm pretty sure as it did in WinXP times. Those don't update.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

There are no new burner drivers for optical drives. Win 10 uses the same generic driver I'm pretty sure as it did in WinXP times. Those don't update.

That's what I thought. And the idea that Windows would update device firmware seems pretty slim so I don't really think there's much to worry about as far as that goes.

That's what I thought. And the idea that Windows would update device firmware seems pretty slim so I don't really think there's much to worry about as far as that goes.
Oh it does update device drivers but not for optical ones. The most known such cases are GPU device drivers on laptops where those usually aren't handled by drivers from Nvidia or AMD themselves for example. Audio drivers can get updated too. But optical drive one's I've yet to see the first case in decades.

Oh it does update device drivers but not for optical ones. The most known such cases are GPU device drivers on laptops where those usually aren't handled by drivers from Nvidia or AMD themselves for example. Audio drivers can get updated too. But optical drive one's I've yet to see the first case in decades.

Well, I'm distinguishing between a device driver and the actual device firmware. The driver update, yes, I could see that, but the actual firmware, I just don't see Windows doing that as It could cause too many issues downstream with customer complaints of broken devices and such.

Your missing the point. They may on Asus replace the file with 3.02 and put the drm in. What you going to do bitch you cannot rip uhd lol. They will laugh at u. They own the files and can change it without telling u

gereral1 said:
I would not trust it! Don't you guys remember Windows 10 freee update scheme..... How can you say for sure this updater does not have modified 3.02 in it.tell us how you do lol

+1

recently i received my new Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware v3.02 (manufactured on 2017/11).
however, when i put UHD disk (Hidden Figures) into this device, it only spins for several seconds and then spins down.
therefore i can see nothing in my computer.

yesterday i bought another one on different online shop. it still can't recognise UHD.

both two devices can recognise UHD only after I reflash v3.02 gathered from myce.

it seems ASUS mod v3.02 for recently BW-16D1HTs in Taiwan.
so even it comes with firmware v3.02, it doesn't mean this firmware is 100% UHD friendly.

Thanks for sharing experience and the warning. :) My Asus BW-16D1HT i bought recently is from April 2017 with original FW. 3.01.
I wanted to use the Asus FW Updater to 3.02. Fortunately haven't flashed it with it.

I've not used the Asus flasher yet, first wanted to dump the drive's original firmware.

But if some people warn the Asus flasher even for 3.02 is not recommended for UHD support, then I'll use dosflash method to 3.02 from club.myce.

How do you put a block as administrator on this

I have no idea. It's way beyond my level of knowledge.

Offhand, I'm not sure if I've ever had a device have it's firmware updated in this fashion but I always assumed there had to be a way. I see benefits to it being possible but I also see obvious negatives if things were to go wrong.

Offhand, I'm not sure if I've ever had a device have it's firmware updated in this fashion but I always assumed there had to be a way. I see benefits to it being possible but I also see obvious negatives if things were to go wrong.
Last post of off topic.

If Microsoft wanted they could push firmware update on all bdxl drives! I will be looking into this asap

My Asus BW-16D1HT i bought recently is from April 2017 with original FW. 3.01.
I wanted to use the Asus FW Updater to 3.02. Fortunately haven't flashed it with it.

I've not used the Asus flasher yet, first wanted to dump the drive's original firmware.

But if some people warn the Asus flasher even for 3.02 is not recommended for UHD support, then I'll use dosflash method to 3.02 from club.myce.

I would avoid any unnecessary flashing. The flashing going on at present via dumped firmwares, etc, is still in a bit of flux. Some people are having some issues, etc. If your drive is working fine then leave it alone.

Last post of off topic.

If Microsoft wanted they could push firmware update on all bdxl drives! I will be looking into this asap

Yes. In theory. I think it would be a very poor decision but there are plenty of those made on a regular basis.

Yes. In theory. I think it would be a very poor decision but there are plenty of those made on a regular basis.
Yah amd specter and meltdown. They screwed a lot of pc's up. Imagine you reboot and forced firmware is added . This is scary to read this. Microsoft can control what you see, where you go on the net. Slippery slope and specter and meltdown is a small taste of the control Microsoft has

Actually, don't overthink it. To update the firmware in this way WU is being leveraged to download a driver file which then work its magic to execute the firmware flashing as per the link I posted. Disable driver updating thru WU would prevent the chain of events from occurring. In theory. If the driver package isn't downloaded to begin with then the process can't even start to begin with. That's how I am interpreting what I read in the link I posted.

Note: Personally, I am not a fan of disabling driver updates via WU. I also used to use telemetry disabling software for Windows 10 but found it to cause many headaches and gave up on it.

Last edited:
You have 3 choices, 1) Upgrade your PC. 2) Play with something other than Powerdvd. 3) convert to MKV or something else.
4) Copy the main M2TS containing the feature you want to play. I now can confirm that all the UHD discs I have own presently put the main movie or episodes as a single, large M2TS file (e.g. The Bridge on the River Kwai is on a single M2TS file that is nearly 90 GB) without branching. According to this thread at Myce, most discs on the market except The Martian don’t use seamless branching:
https://club.myce.com/t/how-to-merge-mux-my-ripped-uhd-blu-ray-disc-into-a-single-m2ts-file/400299

Last edited:

The only ones I have ever seen actually use Microsoft’s firmware updating system is Microsoft and this is for their Surface products, including on my Pro 2, 3, Pro 4 and New Pro.

Actually, don't overthink it. To update the firmware in this way WU is being leveraged to download a driver file which then work its magic to execute the firmware flashing as per the link I posted. Disable driver updating thru WU would prevent the chain of events from occurring. In theory. If the driver package isn't downloaded to begin with then the process can't even start to begin with. That's how I am interpreting what I read in the link I posted.

Note: Personally, I am not a fan of disabling driver updates via WU. I also used to use telemetry disabling software for Windows 10 but found it to cause many headaches and gave up on it.
I'm not either. I wonder if there's a way to use the policy editor to exclude a specific device from being updated instead of all devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back