• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone can post me the dump for the wh16ns40 compatible with uhdto be able to restore it with the DOSFLASK key
thank you

Do you remember the brand make and model of TV and Player? Just curious. Also, did you try it on both devices with the ethernet cable connectedp and disconnected and confirm the behavior?

That's nasty.
Philips Samsung uhd players. Sony xbr850c and the follow years models. You can google wiki for the security watermark and how they enable it.

Does Handbrake work on these discs? I just rip my BDs to MKV files for my Plex server.

Does Handbrake work on these discs? I just rip my BDs to MKV files for my Plex server.
This topic is about AnyDVD uhd status, not uhd disc conversion with makemkv.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

According to the question about the players that are able to play copied UHD Discs: PANASONIC DMP-UB900 plays all types of discs (I have tested BD-R 50 and BD-R 100). But my friend has got SONY UBP-X800 and it doesn’t read BD-Rs 100, whereas BD-Rs 50 plays without any problems.

James this is what happened.

https://www.ibc.org/delivery/using-forensic-watermarking-to-protect-uhd-content/946.article

I told the other user to NEVER have is internet connected because they can track the ip

quote from article:

The CA identity is used as a tamper resistant watermark identity, traceable back to the subscriber. CA technology will also enable turning the watermark on and off, as well as shut down the service and notify the user that they are violating the operator’s content rights.

The service was his usb software in tv and usb software in hdr uhd player. I have a usb port on my Samsung uhd but unplugged the cable before playing test files.
Interesting, but nothing concrete is said in the article. And they are talking about "subscriber", so I assume this technology is developed for streaming or download services like Netflix.
I would be very surprised, if the UHD Blu-ray standard incudes detection of such a watermark. People using an Oppo UHD player for ripped content would suggest otherwise.

Interesting, but nothing concrete is said in the article. And they are talking about "subscriber", so I assume this technology is developed for streaming or download services like Netflix.
I would be very surprised, if the UHD Blu-ray standard incudes detection of such a watermark. People using an Oppo UHD player for ripped content would suggest otherwise.

In my limited reading on the watermarking, yes, think VOD (streaming & purchase for download), live TV, early released content (ie screeners), camcorded copies, etc.

Is there even a standardized watermarking system at this point? The technology exists but the bigger question is about it as a requirement. If it's not mandatory (ie Cinavia detection) then not everyone will include it in their hardware.

If it's not mandatory (ie Cinavia detection) then not everyone will include it in their hardware.
If it's not mandatory (ie Cinavia detection) then NOONE will include it in their hardware. It costs money.
Well, maybe except Sony, as they are content provider.

If it's not mandatory (ie Cinavia detection) then NOONE will include it in their hardware. It costs money.
Well, maybe except Sony, as they are content provider.
I was thinking of Sony when I wrote that. :)

Looks like it is in fact now a requirement.

http://www.nexguard.com/2017/05/03/...ermarking-enable-release-premium-uhd-content/

"The Ultra HD Forum Security Working Group (WG) has dedicated its first efforts to forensic watermarking because the technology is still at a formative stage and yet, at the same time, is now an absolute requirement for UHD content from the studios, which will not release the most premium content without that protection. This is because the main piracy threat in the Internet era is illicit content redistribution of content using various IP-based technologies, which can only be dealt with by identifying individual streams and tracing them back to their source. This in turn requires insertion of some unique identifier at the source or during distribution. A watermark can be designed to be tamper resistant and at the same time to have minimal impact on the video or audio quality, although there is a balance to be struck between robustness, performance and transparency to the user.

The article doesn't give a date to say when manufacturers will *have* to start incorporating the detection, or if it can and/or will be added to any existing players (like the Oppo) via firmware update, and/or if newer titles might refuse to play on devices that don't have the detection.

No idea if this would trigger locally like Cinavia, or if this is strictly Internet server based, as gereral1 seems to suggest (unplug the ethernet cable, no longer triggers). If this is server based it would helpful to investigate and publish a list of the server domains and/or IP addresses so they can be blocked. (It is Spyware after all.)

Also, does this video watermark system have an official name I wonder?

Philips Samsung uhd players. Sony xbr850c and the follow years models. You can google wiki for the security watermark and how they enable it.

Are you sure the Philips Samsung players themselves were triggering? If the watermark is in the video, then it would still pass through to the TV, and the TV would detect it. To experiment, you might want to try playing the content on the UHD player with the UHD player's ethernet connected, and the TV's ethernet cable disconnected. If it doesn't trigger, then it's only the TV.

Also, was that a decrypted UHD disc that that Sony TV triggered on? Or was it a download of some kind?

It was USB in on Philips uhd player. Not sure if the TV triggered it. Our tvs are mounted on our walls and no way to reach USB port on TV. Just saying be cautious. I use mpcbe madvr. 0 issues.

I know it works, because I just bought two Asus BW-16D1HT drives; they arrived with Firmware 3.00 and I downloaded the 3.02 Updater that I shared the direct link to. I ran the updater on one drive and tested it. It worked perfectly with AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.9 and so, I updated the second drive to 3.02, tested again and it worked fine. I applaud Asus for not removing the link for the 3.02 Firmware Update and leaving it as an option, after posting the 3.03 update. The file name of the Firmware Updater for 3.02 doesn't have a version number; but, the name for 3.03 is near identical with "_FW_3.03" tacked on at the end. So, it is pretty easy to know which Zip file you have downloaded. So, for maximum compatibility (Disc and OS), Rip Speed, etc., updating to Firmware Version 3.02 (IMHO) is a Prudent and Wise decision. Just make sure it to get it directly from Asus (or a source you trust) and that it is indeed 3.02. ;)

I concur. I took the plunge and ran the 3.02 updater this afternoon. It seemed to just get stuck. After 30 mins, the updater CPU at a steady 8.5%. I figured it might be Anydvd running that was preventing it updating. I stopped Anydvd, the updater was still stuck. I ended the firmware update process and reran without Anydvd running. This time it worked like a charm, took about 15 seconds. So, lesson there is don't have Anydvd running when you flash. This new firmware seems the bomb. Drive seems quieter, shows up in Explorer which it wasn't doing reliably before and blistering throughput on a copy.

Personally I would say the risk of the update is worth the benefits.

That one doesn't work for everyone and can cause errors during flashing. There's a working guide without errors up in the CD/DVD/BD section

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
True, if you follow the topmost post in that thread. The other method I linked to which is a reply in that thread has had no issues as far as I know. Per the checksum I saw in the archive, they are using @TeddyRaspin's better version of DosFlash.

Last edited:
I concur. I took the plunge and ran the 3.02 updater this afternoon. It seemed to just get stuck. After 30 mins, the updater CPU at a steady 8.5%. I figured it might be Anydvd running that was preventing it updating. I stopped Anydvd, the updater was still stuck. I ended the firmware update process and reran without Anydvd running. This time it worked like a charm, took about 15 seconds. So, lesson there is don't have Anydvd running when you flash. This new firmware seems the bomb. Drive seems quieter, shows up in Explorer which it wasn't doing reliably before and blistering throughput on a copy.

Personally I would say the risk of the update is worth the benefits.

Are you sure the drive still rips UHD disks with anyDVD. II downloaded the firmware and it has a 12/20/2017 date on it, which is the time ASUS and LG started to release firmware to patch the UHD hole. I thought 3.01 was the last good firmware that ASUS released before plugging the UHD hole.

Are you sure the drive still rips UHD disks with anyDVD. II downloaded the firmware and it has a 12/20/2017 date on it, which is the time ASUS and LG started to release firmware to patch the UHD hole. I thought 3.01 was the last good firmware that ASUS released before plugging the UHD hole.

Yes it rips them fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back