• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD stopped working

:mad: I feel for you Greeter :( I've had some rough times with software myself & WebSlinger I don't understand what it is that you can't/won't understand :confused: I've read every post from start to here & I'd say he's more than
clearly told you his problem. It's the missing driver in the System file folder. Seems pretty clear to me. Why can't you get past the Blacklisted stuff! If you don't have an answer to this particular problem, it's a computer & it happens. I have a suggestion Greeter if you can afford it & are willing to invest some more time in trying to resolve your problem. If you have a spare drive & if you are capable of installing it in your 'puter, reload Windows from
scratch on that drive & try AnyDVD on the new setup. I'm sure it will work. Obviously something is corrupted on the original setup or if it's a conflict you could be there forever trying to find the problem. It's an evenings work, but I'm
sure it'll solve your problem. If it does, you can slowly install the rest of your programs at your leisure. If it doesn't, revert back to the original setup on the original drive. If your computer is reasonably new you can choose which drive to boot from, switching back & forth as is needed in the Bios Setup. This way you get to try it without losing your original setup. Another avenue would be Norton Ghost 9.0 or up, make an image of your C:\ to a 2nd drive\burn to DVDs & reinstall Windows\AnyDVD. If it still won't work on a fresh Setup, it's time to buy a gun!!!!!:agree: (LOL) Just kidding. I'm sure your problem will be solved.

Thanks for the support and your suggestion. At this time I have copied your suggestion onto my computer for reference if I need to go that route. Your suggestion is by far the most labor intensive one to date. I'm not quite ready to advance to this degree yet if another simplier solution can be found.

Just a side note here.
I do find it amusing that no one at Slysoft (that I am aware of) has tried removing the driver to see if the program works up to the point I have explained. Or looked at the program code itself. If the program does not check to see if the driver is present then it is a very real possiblity that the program will display as I pointed out. In the trial version you have two options. CONTINUE or ORDER. ORDER opens up your browser and displays the Slysoft web site. The CONTINUE button lets you proceed running the program until your trial limit expires. If you activate the key this process is bypassed and you go right into the program.

So by my conclusion up to this point the program has not called on the driver to do its part. It is only after you hit CONTINUE the program fails to display or run. Obviously calling on the driver. Which is mising and the program fails to run from that point as I have indicated.

Right now I have the key activated. Therefore the trial message does not display. That is what a reg key does. It takes away that annoying trial screen message after you purchase the program.

So when I double click on the AnyDVD icon with the key activated I should go right into the program. Because the driver is mising the program does not run. How do I know it does not run. No icon on the bottom right bar by the clock. The program does not come up in a window. In that wndow I should be able to choose from several options. If I cannot see an icon nor can I choose any options I would say the program does not run.

Ding a light comes on.

If I was a betting man which I am not. I would bet that the programmer of the AnyDVD program does not exist anymore and there is no one who can answer what is really happening within the code.

What I would venture to say is that there is a person or persons on site who generate code to bypass specific DVD encryption for the program to use. Almost like creating a data file for Excel or Word.

Once the program is written who needs a programmer. Just a thought why an answer has not been forthcoming in a timely manner.

I've got one more trick up my sleeve but you will have to wait to hear it. It is so simple and it will proove the later statement I made.

Stay tuned.

Thanks
Greeter

After reading all of these threads, it sounds like something is blocking your installation. It could be a program like Nero, or a driver conflict somewhere. You could try going to http://www.driveragent.com and getting a free scan. Don't necessarily believe what they tell you (drivers are funny), but it might give you an idea.

Have you tried running MSConfig & booting up in diagnostic mode & trying to install from there?

I might try uninstalling all of the drivers for my CD/DVD-ROM drives & rebooting & letting Windows re-install them.

Driver conflicts can be as mysterious as virus/trojan problems. Often there seems to be no causal nexus to the problems they cause.

Yes I have tried booting up in safe mode. Did not help. But thanks for the suggestion.

Stay tuned. The fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

Thanks
Greeter

@ Greeter,

You are totally incorrect in your bet that the original programmer of the AnyDVD software program doesn’t exist anymore.

The original programmer of AnyDVD/CloneDVD/CloneCD is alive and kicking like a chicken and is a Forum Member.

Also the SlySoft Technical Staff is more than capable of writing code. How do you think SlySoft was able to recently develop the AnyDVD HD software program?

Regards,
bjkg

Since you are reluctant to re-install windows on your system, you can always try creating a Windows XP virtual machine on your current system. This way you can install a new version of windows xp without having to sacrifice your current setup. Install windows in the virtual machine and just install AnyDVD & Clone DVD and see what happens.

VMWare has a free virtual player & there are several sites that give detailed directions on how to create a windows xp virtual machine for use with the VMWare player.

Windows Virtual Machine?

Since you are reluctant to re-install windows on your system, you can always try creating a Windows XP virtual machine on your current system. This way you can install a new version of windows xp without having to sacrifice your current setup. Install windows in the virtual machine and just install AnyDVD & Clone DVD and see what happens.

VMWare has a free virtual player & there are several sites that give detailed directions on how to create a windows xp virtual machine for use with the VMWare player.

I'm fascinated by your suggestion! Any links on how to do this, would truly be appreciated! Never heard of this before.:clap: :bowdown:

Anydvd stopped working? Try this!

My main computer HAD problems running anydvd
after i updated a while back. Try the following
and then see if anydvd runs ok

Just for the heck of it I right clicked on AnyDVD desktop
icon
Clicked on Properties
Clicked on Compatibility
I noticed the box to run in Compatibility Mode was checked

I unchecked the box
Clicked Apply
Clicked Ok
PROBLEM GONE!!!!!!!!

Somehow the box became checked while updating to

So when I double click on the AnyDVD icon with the key activated I should go right into the program. Because the driver is mising the program does not run. How do I know it does not run.

If you delete anydvd.sys and reboot, I guarantee you should get this message:

anydvdpicex0.png

Except it should say Anydvd 6.1.2.5.

Coincidently, this pop-up box also use to appear when people used cracks.

Anydvd will indeed run, but it won't work. Thank you for writing that. I finally understand what you mean.

That said, reinstalling Anydvd at that point should fix the problem.

Edit: I just tested this (I deleted Anydvd.sys and rebooted), and what I wrote is true.

Due to the fact I have Nero Ultra 7 installed, I also get a little Nero message stating something is messed up with my lower and upperfilters. 8)

So when I double click on the AnyDVD icon with the key activated I should go right into the program. Because the driver is mising the program does not run.

No. Anydvd will run. The fox icon will remain on your toolbar. Anydvd, however, won't work. Under "status" in Anydvd, nothing will be listed. So there is something far worse with your corrupted installation than merely not having anydvd.sys where it belongs.

In that wndow I should be able to choose from several options. If I cannot see an icon nor can I choose any options I would say the program does not run.

The icon is not a good indication of whether the program is running (in this case, for you). In Windows Task Manager, you should check to see if Anydvd.exe is listed under the "processes" tab. If so, select it, and click "end process". Uninstall Anydvd. reboot. Reinstall Anydvd.

If I was a betting man which I am not. I would bet that the programmer of the AnyDVD program does not exist anymore and there is no one who can answer what is really happening within the code.

You would lose that bet--badly.

Once the program is written who needs a programmer. Just a thought why an answer has not been forthcoming in a timely manner.

The reason it's not coming quickly is that the problem you are experiencing is pretty rare. I have never read about anyone not having anydvd.sys where it belongs.

Last edited:
The instructions for creating an XP Pro VM for the free VMware Player can be found here.

This site includes the links for all needed files to make this happen.

In my opinion, anyone that has over 80 added programs on a single machine is asking for trouble what with all the little bits each program feels it needs to insert into the OS and registry. Most of us have enough older machines laying around now to diversify the jobs. When I re-load a machine here it gets:
XP-Pro SP2, Mobo specific drivers, Nvidia drivers, DX9c, MP10, Office, PowerDVD, AnyDVD, Shrink - and then perhaps a game or two specific to whomever uses it. Then the music and photo library is networked over. That's about it for "basic training".

Past that, each machine gets software for "what it has to do" - and no more. Stuff like individual printer, photo, TV card, sound drivers and programs etc etc. After installing each software I check the "run=" of the registry and the startup folder for changes etc. For stuff that wants to install a full suite.. I tend to hand-pick the installs and watch them all closely. All my machines boot to under 25 processes running. Some under 20. Using this "layered" method, I can format and reload the worst machine in a long afternoon, and then let it pick up little bits and pieces off the network as I need them. And if I was having THIS problem with AnyDVD - I would have reformatted weeks ago. :D

-W

My main computer HAD problems running anydvd
after i updated a while back. Try the following
and then see if anydvd runs ok

Just for the heck of it I right clicked on AnyDVD desktop
icon
Clicked on Properties
Clicked on Compatibility
I noticed the box to run in Compatibility Mode was checked

I unchecked the box
Clicked Apply
Clicked Ok
PROBLEM GONE!!!!!!!!

Somehow the box became checked while updating to

Another good suggestion which I have done in the past. Just for good luck I went back to check and it is unchecked.

Thanks
Greeter

If you delete anydvd.sys and reboot, I guarantee you should get this message:

anydvdpicex0.png

Except it should say Anydvd 6.1.2.5.

Coincidently, this pop-up box also use to appear when people used cracks.

Anydvd will indeed run, but it won't work. Thank you for writing that. I finally understand what you mean.

That said, reinstalling Anydvd at that point should fix the problem.

Edit: I just tested this (I deleted Anydvd.sys and rebooted), and what I wrote is true.

Due to the fact I have Nero Ultra 7 installed, I also get a little Nero message stating something is messed up with my lower and upperfilters. 8)

No. Anydvd will run. The fox icon will remain on your toolbar. Anydvd, however, won't work. Under "status" in Anydvd, nothing will be listed. So there is something far worse with your corrupted installation than merely not having anydvd.sys where it belongs.

The icon is not a good indication of whether the program is running (in this case, for you). In Windows Task Manager, you should check to see if Anydvd.exe is listed under the "processes" tab. If so, select it, and click "end process". Uninstall Anydvd. reboot. Reinstall Anydvd.

You would lose that bet--badly.

The reason it's not coming quickly is that the problem you are experiencing is pretty rare. I have never read about anyone not having anydvd.sys where it belongs.

No popup window as you indicated.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 50 times. Just yesterday i downloaded the newest version and tried installing that version.

Still nothing.

I have no FOX icon on the toolbar beside the clock. It went missing months ago when all this started.

In the task manager. I have been in here before when it first started. Nothing was found under Applications nor Processes.

Just to make sure I double clicked on the icon on my desktop and then went immediately into the task manager and under processes nothing appeared. However, under Applications AnyDVD stated it was running. I went back into Processes to double check. Back to Applications and the listing in there was not there.

You know a company can contract out programming to the lowest bidder. No one has to be on site at all under that type of arrangement. Not saying it is but it is conceivible a company could go this route.

As a moderator do you have direct contact with the programmer(s)?

If not does any other member in this forum have direct contact with the programmer(s)?

Are any members in this forum a Slysoft programmer?

Just curious to hear your answer.

Thanks
Greeter

I have no FOX icon on the toolbar beside the clock. It went missing months ago when all this started.

Yeah, your situation isn't normal even if one were to simply delete anydvd.sys. The fox icon would still appear, and you would get that popup box. I deleted the file.

You know a company can contract out programming to the lowest bidder.

Right, but these guys seem highly trained to me. A lot of people can program. Not everyone can "hack".
And James has been posting as "Slysoft" at cdfreaks.com since 2003 at least.

As a moderator do you have direct contact with the programmer(s)?

I don't have direct contact, no. But I do have some contact.

Are any members in this forum a Slysoft programmer?

James and peer

Last edited:
This thread has just reminded me why i use Acronis True Image to backup my system before i install or update any software or drivers on my system, if anything goes wrong i can restore my system to perfect working order (excactly as it was) in 5-10 minutes, being able to do this is a big bonus when something does go wrong.

VMware Links:

The instructions for creating an XP Pro VM for the free VMware Player can be found here.

This site includes the links for all needed files to make this happen.

:D Thanks Giljorak for the post. I'll try it soon!

Greeter:AnyDVD stopped working !!

I have to say at this point, all the energy & time you've
wasted in trying to solve you're problem, Greeter, you could have reloaded your system a couple of times at least!
I am curious to see if AnyDVD will now work with a fresh setup. I'd also seriously consider backing up my setup on a regular basis from now on to save yourself all this grief in the future. Take this as a lesson learned & move on. AnyDVD & the rest of the Slysoft suite are excellent programs, well worth the money. Your problem seems unique & Webslinger has invested lotsa time trying to solve it, ( You owe him a big thanks ). But, miracles aren't
going to happen. Bite the bullet & reload!!!!:agree:

Totally agreed. And this time keep a close watch on the stuff you load back on. :D

-W

I have to say at this point, all the energy & time you've
wasted in trying to solve you're problem, Greeter, you could have reloaded your system a couple of times at least!
I am curious to see if AnyDVD will now work with a fresh setup. I'd also seriously consider backing up my setup on a regular basis from now on to save yourself all this grief in the future. Take this as a lesson learned & move on. AnyDVD & the rest of the Slysoft suite are excellent programs, well worth the money. Your problem seems unique & Webslinger has invested lotsa time trying to solve it, ( You owe him a big thanks ). But, miracles aren't
going to happen. Bite the bullet & reload!!!!:agree:

I have thanked each person along he way and continue to thank each person. At this point I am going to bow out of this forum. One day I will reload but losing one program isn't going to kill me. Thanks to all.

Greeter

I have thanked each person along he way and continue to thank each person. At this point I am going to bow out of this forum. One day I will reload but losing one program isn't going to kill me. Thanks to all.

Greeter

I didnt go through all the threads so I dont know if this has been suggested by have you tryed uninstalling AnyDvd then uninstall the drivers for your drives and restart your pc? I remember about a year ago on my older Dell pc I had a DMA problem and no matter what I tryed I could not get a drive back into DMA mode, the only thing that fixed it was a last resort and that was to do a format and recover of the hard drive. Have you also tried a new IDE cable?

Last edited:
Back