• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD stopped working

You should check to make sure the AnyDVD driver is running.

Click "Start", "Run", then type "msinfo32".

On the "System Information" window that comes up, click the little plus sign next to "Software Environment," then click once on "System Drivers" to highlight it.

On the right hand side, all your system drivers are listed in alphabetical order. Look for "anydvd" in the left column. Look specifically at the "Started", "Start Mode", "State", and "Status" columns. They should say "Yes", "Manual", "Running", and "OK" respectively.

If that all checks out, next, make sure AnyDVD is specified as a lower filter on your system. To do this, click "Start", "Run", then type "regedit". Once in the registry editor, click on the plus sign on the left side next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then "SYSTEM", then "ControlSet001", then "Control", then "Class", then click on "{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" to highlight it.

On the right hand side of the screen, look for "LowerFilters" in the list of string values. It should be there, and among the values in the "Data" column should be "AnyDVD". Make sure that "AnyDVD" isn't specifed in the data column for the "UpperFilters" string value.

If everything checks out so far, then I would suggest removing all of the lower filters except for AnyDVD to rule out a conflict. In the registry editor, right click "LowerFilters", click "Modify", and delete all the entries except for AnyDVD. MAKE SURE YOU WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN OR COPY AND PASTE THE CONTENTS OF LOWERFILTERS INTO A TEXT DOCUMENT SO YOU CAN GET THEM BACK IF THIS TROUBLESHOOTING FAILS. You may want to delete the "UpperFilters" string value as well. Again, MAKE SURE YOU RETAIN THE INFORMATION SO YOU CAN GET IT BACK IF IT MESSES SOMETHING UP. YOU MUST REBOOT FOR CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT.

Last edited:
run CCleaner or resgistry Mechanic, tthen do a disc cleanup defrag then reboot and try reinstalling

He already did that.

Registry cleaners tend to provide "general" types of fixes and in my experience they also tend to cause more problems than they solve. I've yet to have an issue that was fixed by a registry cleaner type program, and I've tried many.

Defragmenting is very unlikely to solve his problem, as it only deals with how data is arranged on the hard disk. If there is a problem, issue, conflict, etc. with that data, defragmenting will have no effect whatsoever.

You should check to make sure the AnyDVD driver is running.

Click "Start", "Run", then type "msinfo32".

On the "System Information" window that comes up, click the little plus sign next to "Software Environment," then click once on "System Drivers" to highlight it.

On the right hand side, all your system drivers are listed in alphabetical order. Look for "anydvd" in the left column. Look specifically at the "Started", "Start Mode", "State", and "Status" columns. They should say "Yes", "Manual", "Running", and "OK" respectively.

If that all checks out, next, make sure AnyDVD is specified as a lower filter on your system. To do this, click "Start", "Run", then type "regedit". Once in the registry editor, click on the plus sign on the left side next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then "SYSTEM", then "ControlSet001", then "Control", then "Class", then click on "{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" to highlight it.

On the right hand side of the screen, look for "LowerFilters" in the list of string values. It should be there, and among the values in the "Data" column should be "AnyDVD". Make sure that "AnyDVD" isn't specifed in the data column for the "UpperFilters" string value.

If everything checks out so far, then I would suggest removing all of the lower filters except for AnyDVD to rule out a conflict. In the registry editor, right click "LowerFilters", click "Modify", and delete all the entries except for AnyDVD. MAKE SURE YOU WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN OR COPY AND PASTE THE CONTENTS OF LOWERFILTERS INTO A TEXT DOCUMENT SO YOU CAN GET THEM BACK IF THIS TROUBLESHOOTING FAILS. You may want to delete the "UpperFilters" string value as well. Again, MAKE SURE YOU RETAIN THE INFORMATION SO YOU CAN GET IT BACK IF IT MESSES SOMETHING UP. YOU MUST REBOOT FOR CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT.

Well not so good news. I cannot find the AnyDVD driver in the list. Which more than likely accounts for the program not even starting when I click on the ICON which appears on my desktop.

In looking further (into MSINFO32) I found AnyDVD in the Startup Programs tab. Not sure if that means anything yet.

I also checked out the Windows Error Reporting tab and did not see anything current in there.

Thanks for this help. It certainly narrows things down in my opinion. Now what to do to fix it.

I have one question. If AnyDVD has a driver then in MSINFO32 it had to point to an installed directory (folder). What directory (folder) might that driver appear in and what would the full name of the driver be?

I didn't go into the REGEDIT yet as you suggested. I figured if the driver wasn't there no sense going to this step just yet. I will once I get past the driver issue if neccessary.

Thanks

The driver is located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\

("windows" of course being your installed windows directory.)

It's called anydvd.sys

It's called anydvd.sys

The driver is definitely not listed in that directory.

One step closer but still not the fix.

Thanks.

It's called anydvd.sys

My unworking trial version states I have 10 days left. By the time anyone reads this it more than likely will be 9 days left.

I hope an answer can be found soon guiding me to a solution to get AnyDVD up and running once again.

So far all we have discovered is that the driver quoted above had been deleted during an upgrade of AnyDVD. Why that happened I hope the programmers are addressing this issue. But in the meantime I have a program that still does not run.

Thanks.

I followed the instructions above. Installed version 6120 beta and rebooted.

Still not working. However I am back to 21 days out of 21 days for the trial version.

I checked the system drivers using MSINFO32 for AnyDVD.sys as was asked earlier and it is still absent from that listing.

Thanks

I followed the instructions above. Installed version 6120 beta and rebooted.

Still not working. However I am back to 21 days out of 21 days for the trial version.

Well, you should be using the latest version:

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

I'm now under the impression Anydvd is working for you, except your key doesn't work, correct?

Try installing it again. If the key doesn't work, then I'm afraid you need to contact slysoft.

If Anydvd gives you a message about your a trial period, then quite simply your key isn't working.

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=196

Well, you should be using the latest version:

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

I'm now under the impression Anydvd is working for you, except your key doesn't work, correct?

Try installing it again. If the key doesn't work, then I'm afraid you need to contact slysoft.

If Anydvd gives you a message about your a trial period, then quite simply your key isn't working.

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=196

I'm confused.

I stated AnyDVD is not working and you quoted those words. Yet you state you are under the impression AnyDVD is working. What part of no becomes yes?

Let me start once again.

AnyDVD does not work and has not for quite sometime.

I have uninstalled and installed atleast 50 times.

It has been determined that the driver AnyDVD.sys is not in the system driver folder. This was determined using MSINFO32.

In my last attempt to fix this problem I have uninstalled AnyDVD.
Rebooted.
Installed the latest version 6.1.2.3.
When I run the trial version is stated that version.
It also states I have 20 of my 21 days remaining.

The uninstall process obviously has not deleted all information otherwise I would be back to 21 out of 21 days for my trial.

I checked again to see if the driver appeared in MSINFO32.
It is not listed.
When I run AnyDVD all it says it that I am on version 6.1.2.3
I have 20 of my 21 days left for the trial.

Trying to think outside the box to resolve this problem I double clicked on the key thinking maybe that is how the driver gets installed.

I checked MSINFO32 again.
The driver is still missing.

When I click on the AnyDVD icon nothing happens.
It is like the program is registered but will not run.
At this point the trial version window does not appear.

So in closing what part of that makes anyone think AnyDVD is running.

I'm at the point where I have spent so much time I might just call it a day and forget this program exists. I could be doing many other useful things with my time.

I certainly wonder how many others are in the same position I am in.

Going around and around in a circle.

Sorry if I am sounding a little upset but if you uninstalled and installed a program as many times as I have only to go around in the same circle how would you react. Never in my 29 years in personal computiing have I ever gone through this much hassle with a program.

Oh by the way
AnyDVD still does not run.
And the driver is still missing.

Thanks.

greeter its probably a compatible issue with another program but hard to say .yeah that sucks spending that much time trying to figure out what the problem is to no avail

have you tryed other programs like "RitIt4Me" DVD Fab etc.

Greeter..........This is a wild shot but I have seen it work before. Go to C: Program Files...Open the Slysoft Folder...AnyDVD Folder...Double clik on the Red Fox head that says REGAnyDVD

I'm confused.

I stated AnyDVD is not working and you quoted those words. Yet you state you are under the impression AnyDVD is working. What part of no becomes yes?

The part where you're getting a trial is over message with no days remaining. That indicates to me Anydvd is working, but your key isn't.

AnyDVD does not work and has not for quite sometime.

What "does not work" mean? The icon isn't on your toolbar?

When I run the trial version is stated that version.
It also states I have 20 of my 21 days remaining.

This suggests to me that Anydvd is working, but your key isn't.

When I click on the AnyDVD icon nothing happens.
It is like the program is registered but will not run.

If the icon isn't on your toolbar, read this and follow the steps
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559
Give me the information I'm asking for.

So in closing what part of that makes anyone think AnyDVD is running.

The part where you mentioned a trial period message.

Last edited:
It has been determined that the driver AnyDVD.sys is not in the system driver folder.

If you're using Windows XP it should be here: c:\windows\system32\drivers

Are you not using a default installation path when you install the program?

I certainly wonder how many others are in the same position I am in.

I'm sorry you're having problems, but I can't reproduce it on three different systems. You are certainly in the minority.

Last edited:
You should be upset. It is ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet.

Thanks for the support. This whole conversation is going around and around. I am of the opinion that viewers are not reading the whole thread. Possibly the last or current messages only. If one were to read the whole thread questions would not be repeated over and over.

Here is what I do and I would hope others do.
My handle is Greeter.
There is a search button..
Choose advanced.
On the right side I enter Greeter for the user name. Click search now. It will search on that name.
From there you can choose to read my thread from the beginning or go to the last page where the last entry was posted. I only have one thread going. For a new viewer reading from the beginning makes sense. For myself reading the last makes sense as that is where I am in this thread. Unless I need to go back to explore a question or an answer.

It certainly isn't rocket science.

To get into a conflab over a program running or not running is like saying I have gas in the tank of my car it should run. Not taking into account that the battery is dead or missing. When the customer says the car is dead why would you assume it is working just because there is gas in the tank. That whole argument is rather stupid.

I came on to this forum looking for help. Not to go around and around in a circle answering the same questions over and over.

I have done my part to help by answering all questions in as much details as I can. And I do appreciate the suggestions.

I think through all of this I have helped to determine that the driver AnyDVD.sys is missing from c:\windows\system32\drivers. Yet no answer has been posted as to how to get that driver back if that is all that is missing. I can't just go down to Walmart and buy one.

The other part I wonder is if the programmers are taking notes on this problem. If the driver is missing. No matter how it gets deleted. On a reinstall why does the program not re-establish that driver. Seems like a simple programming function that is obviously missing and should be added.

Like I stated earlier all I am after is a fix.

Another assumption on the users part (me) is that when I get a response from a senior member or moderator I am conversing with someone on the Slysoft team. One who has answers or can get them. Obviously from the conversations I am rethinking that logic.

It was stated I was in minority. Another stupid answer as far as a customer is concerned. Just because I might be the first does not negate the fact the problem exists. How many out there just gave up on the program after it stopped working? How many do not know of this forum to express their concerns as I have? How many have read a thread hoping someone else will ask the question they are to afraid to ask?

Thanks for your time reading my thread and this message.

Thanks
Greeter

It was stated I was in minority. Another stupid answer as far as a customer is concerned.

You asked a question. You got answer. If you don't like it, oh well.

And I have read the entire thread. I find your responses lacking in detail.

This doesn't require rocket science either:

Look up. Way up at the top of the Anydvd forum. Read this sticky:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

Especially #3 and #4

I can appreciate you're frustrated. Attacking me doesn't make me more inclined to help you.

Last edited:
greeter its probably a compatible issue with another program but hard to say .yeah that sucks spending that much time trying to figure out what the problem is to no avail

have you tryed other programs like "RitIt4Me" DVD Fab etc.

I would rule out compatibility as being the issue. The program worked right up until I did the upgrade. Then it stopped working as soon as I rebooted to see if the upgrade worked.

Thanks for this suggestion. It hasn't been brought up yet and it certainly could have been an issue.

As for the other programs I have not heard of them until now.

Thanks.

Maybe you should roll back to the older version to see if it still works. If it does, wait until a fix comes out before you update.

Back