• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD stopped working

Greeter..........This is a wild shot but I have seen it work before. Go to C: Program Files...Open the Slysoft Folder...AnyDVD Folder...Double clik on the Red Fox head that says REGAnyDVD

Yes I did that a few times and still nothing. Good suggestion. I think this is the same as double clicking on the key to register it as per my original instruction from Slysoft.

Awhile ago I was asked if the trial version worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Bringing it back to the trial version status. AnyDVD will not proceed past clicking continue. The other option is order which takes you to the Slysoft home page to purchase the program. So to me it is not an issue of the key but the program itself.

The driver AnyDVD.sys in the floder c:\windows\system32\drivers\ has been determined to be missing and yet no answer as to how to get it back. Reinstalling the program does not reinstall the driver.

Thanks for your input
Greeter

This might help:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1475385&postcount=15

But if your key is blacklisted (which is difficult to determine from your posts), then nothing will, except:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=1180&postcount=2

I tried going into REGEDIT and deleting all SlySoft and Elaborate bytes references according to your suggestion of looking at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1475385&postcount=15

Re-installed the program again. Still nothing.

Going into MSINFO32 from START and RUN it still shows the driver is missing.

I am confused why the subject of the key comes up if I cannot get the trial version to run and the driver is still missing after reinstalling the program.

Again I have stated in the thread that I even received new keys thinking that my keys were accidently blacklisted. I am a registered user and NO I have not shared my keys. Slysoft would not have issued new keys if I was not a legit user.

I have now contacted Slysoft directly. Re: this issue. This forum has not provided me with a solution. Hopefully that route will be more successful. I had to go through this so I could prove to Slysoft I have taken every opportunity to resolve this successfully through meaningful dsicussion with other experienced users. That unfortunately has not happened.

I am truely sorry you have misread or missed entirely what I have written. Even in this reply of yours you have stated something in which I discussed earlier. That was about the keys being blacklisted. I am a legit registered user. I have no explaination why it is that you don't see what I have written but trust me it is there in the thread I started.

In fact may I suggest you follow this procedure.
On the forum page. Click on SEARCH. Choose ADVANCED. Enter Greeter on the right side under User Name. Click on Start Search.

This procedure will bring you to the thread I started and what I wrote.

There is obviously a gap in what I wrote to what you are reading. Hopefully this will help. If not then I have no answer why it is you state what you state after I have answered that question. Example: about the keys being blacklisted.

I await your reply.

Thanks
Greeter

I am confused why the subject of the key comes up if I cannot get the trial version to run

If it's past the 21 day period and your license key isn't working, then it stands to reason there's a possibility your key is blacklisted.

Blacklisting can also be the result of having trojans on your system (collecting information). There are other reasons why a key might be blacklisted other than sharing it (willingly).

Again I have stated in the thread that I even received new keys thinking that my keys were accidently blacklisted.

If you got the keys from https://secure.slysoft.com/lostkey.php
this won't fix a blacklisting issue.

Also, it wasn't clear to me whether the keys you received from Slysoft were exactly the same as the old ones.

In fact may I suggest you follow this procedure.
On the forum page. Click on SEARCH. Choose ADVANCED. Enter Greeter on the right side under User Name. Click on Start Search.

While I appreciate your insults (they amuse me to no end), they don't really help solve anything. You've only posted in one thread: this one.

In skimming over this thread again (and you still haven't given the information I requested before), I can only believe a third party application (firewall/antivirus/antispyware) is blocking you from running/installing Anydvd properly.

Last edited:
If it's past the 21 day period and your license key isn't working, then it stands to reason there's a possibility your key is blacklisted.

If you got the keys from https://secure.slysoft.com/lostkey.php
this won't fix a blacklisting issue. It wasn't clear to me if the keys you received from Slysoft were exactly the same as the old ones.

While I appreciate your insults (they amuse me to no end), they don't really help solve anything. You've only posted in one thread: this one.

In skimming over this thread again (and you still haven't given the information I requested before), I can only believe a third party application (firewall/antivirus/antispyware) is blocking you from running/installing Anydvd properly.

Why would I post in any other thread. I am interested in one thing only. That is my problem of why AnyDVD does not work. Plus the issue of the missing driver that we have since discovered. Other threads or posts relating to why someone cannot copy a DVD does not relate to my problem at all.

Now let me be very clear. There obviously is a communication problem within this forum. You state I have not answered your questions. Yet I have answered every question I have seen. If there is another area where a question has been raised please enlighten me as to where it might be. I have not looked any further than what I stated. In the thread of Greeter as the user name in the search.

I have asked a question of you directly with no repsonse that I have seen. If it appears elsewhere how am I to know that. Example: I asked that you delete your AnyDVD.sys driver and tell me how your program responds in the trial version.

As for the key issue again. I contacted Slysoft with my original e-mail and attached key. They responded to that e-mail with a new key for AnyDVD and CloneDVD. If that isn't enough for you then I cannot respond to that issue any further. This issue has been talked about in my thread I started.

If you think my answers are insults then you should see what I read to what I have written. Like I stated I really don't think you are seeing what I wrote. If you have read what I wrote you would not be asking the same questions that have been answered over and over. Example: is the driver missing?

Again I talk about the trial version not working and you talk about the key being blacklisted. If I cannot get the trial version to go past the CONTINUE button why would I talk about the key. If I cannot get past the issue of the missing driver why would I talk about the key. this i what i refer to as going around and around.

Am I not making sense.

There are over 2000 views to this thread and over 42 posts. I'm sure many are wondering what the heck is happening to this poor guy. He talks about a fully registered working program dying on the spot right after an upgrade and the moderator talks about a key being blacklisted. Yet the key is not the issue. I talk about the missing driver and answer that question and you talk about a blacklisted key.

So again if the driver is missing and the program does not reinstall it what am I to think. Logic dictates the program will not run with this driver missing. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

You asked if the keys are exactly like the old ones. How would an end user know any difference. A hacker might. I am not a hacker. I am an end user. I double click on it to registered it as per the instructions I originally received and that is all I know about the key.

As I stated already I have contacted Slysoft directly as this forum has not helped resolve this issue. I do thank everyone who had responded. It has narrowed the problem down more than when I started.

To those requesting help in these forums all I can say is good luck. I hope you don't go around and around like I have.

Thanks
Greeter

Maybe you should roll back to the older version to see if it still works. If it does, wait until a fix comes out before you update.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try installing an old version. I have almost every version released. I went back to try version 5.1.0.1. Still no luck.

I'm in a conversation with the moderator. It is my belief the moderator either does not see what I have written or does not understand what I have written.

I was asked by another member to goto START then RUN and then use MSINFO32. Once there to check to see if AnyDVD.sys is listed as a driver. On my system it is not listed. The moderator has gone on and on about a blacklisted key when a crucial element of the program is missing. I have also stated the driver is missing in several posts and he continues to ask me the same question. Then argues I'm not answering his questions. Says I'm insulting.

I have even questioned why the driver does not get reinstalled after a complete uninstall. No reply to that one either.

Something is not right with all of this and it is very annoying. And to go around and around answering the same questions over and over. All I want is the program I paid for to work. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Greeter

I've had this issue with other software, you could try this, uninstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD, restart and delete all the registry entries for AnyDVD that where sugested in the link Webslinger supplied and also any registry entries for CloneDVD, then go to My Comuter > C:\ > Documents and Settings > Your Name > Local Settings > Temp, and delete all the files and folders in the temp folder, this sometimes works when there are issues such as this, then try to reinstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

You will have to show hidden files and folders to be able to do this, to show hidden files and folders click on the Tools tab at the top of the window in My Computer and sellect Folder Options > View and from the list make shure there is a check mark next to Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

It's worth a try.

If that doesn't work you could try this > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301 but i'm not shure if SlySoft use there own installer or Windows installer.

Last edited:
Why would I post in any other thread.

Then why are you asking me to do an advanced search on your username? I can read all your posts by simply selecting the page numbers at the bottom or top of the screen. Or I can simply click on your name and select "find all posts by Greeter".

You state I have not answered your questions. Yet I have answered every question I have seen.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=11370&postcount=38

You didn't respond to points #3 and #4.

I have asked a question of you directly with no repsonse that I have seen. If it appears elsewhere how am I to know that. Example: I asked that you delete your AnyDVD.sys driver and tell me how your program responds in the trial version.

1. I don't use the trial version.
2. I would imagine the program wouldn't work. I am not about to go deleting files on my system so that I can better reproduce a problem you're having. I am willing to help people, but that's a bit much.

Regardless, again, I cannot possibly imagine how Anydvd's installation program would fail to extract the file to your hard drive unless a third party program on your system were somehow intervening.

I suppose it's also possible you had a corrupt installation in the past, but the uninstall program that comes with Anydvd should fix that.

As for the key issue again. I contacted Slysoft with my original e-mail and attached key. They responded to that e-mail with a new key for AnyDVD and CloneDVD. If that isn't enough for you then I cannot respond to that issue any further. This issue has been talked about in my thread I started.

It's probably fair to say they are new keys, but it's impossible to tell for sure unless you compare them.

Like I stated I really don't think you are seeing what I wrote. If you have read what I wrote you would not be asking the same questions that have been answered over and over. Example: is the driver missing?

:confused:

Again I talk about the trial version not working and you talk about the key being blacklisted.

All other things being equal, if you get an error message stating your trial is over (or that you have x number of days remaining), then it's reasonable to assume your key isn't working.

Am I not making sense.

Not sure. But I doubt I'll be responding further.

here are over 2000 views to this thread and over 42 posts. I'm sure many are wondering what the heck is happening to this poor guy.

Perhaps. I'm sure many are also wondering why this rare situation is happening to you--and why so many more can't duplicate it.

He talks about a fully registered working program dying on the spot right after an upgrade and the moderator talks about a key being blacklisted.

This actually would be par for the course. New versions of Anydvd do blacklist additional keys.

Yet the key is not the issue. I talk about the missing driver and answer that question and you talk about a blacklisted key.

It doesn't make sense to me that Anydvd would be running at all--much less giving you information about a trial period--if important files were removed. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

So again if the driver is missing and the program does not reinstall it what am I to think. Logic dictates the program will not run with this driver missing. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Yes, but if anydvd isn't running at all, then how is it giving you information about your trial period?

You asked if the keys are exactly like the old ones. How would an end user know any difference. A hacker might.

No. It's pretty simple. Just open the files in notepad or any text editor if you want (don't save when exiting notepad). They're just simple registry files.

I am not a hacker. I am an end user.

Join the club

I double click on it to registered it as per the instructions I originally received and that is all I know about the key.

That may not work on 64 bit OSes. The best way is to use the Anydvd registration program. (In Xp) Start-->All programs-->Slysoft-->Anydvd-->register Anydvd

To those requesting help in these forums all I can say is good luck. I hope you don't go around and around like I have.

Don't worry. Most don't.

That said, while I know you don't appreciate that I've attempted to help you, I do honestly hope your problem is resolved.

Last edited:
I've had this issue with other software, you could try this, uninstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD, restart and delete all the registry entries for AnyDVD that where sugested in the link Webslinger supplied and also any registry entries for CloneDVD, then go to My Comuter > C:\ > Documents and Settings > Your Name > Local Settings > Temp, and delete all the files and folders in the temp folder, this sometimes works when there are issues such as this, then try to reinstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

You will have to show hidden files and folders to be able to do this, to show hidden files and folders click on the Tools tab at the top of the window in My Computer and sellect Folder Options > View and from the list make shure there is a check mark next to Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

It's worth a try.

If that doesn't work you could try this > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301 but i'm not shure if SlySoft use there own installer or Windows installer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

But unfortunately it did not work.

Thanks
Greeter

You should be upset. It is ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet.

Continuing saga of AnyDVD not working.

I contacted Slysoft and stated once again the driver is missing (determined from conversations in this forum) and does not exist in the system driver directory (folder). The driver will not reinstall itself after you uninstall and reinstall the program.

Slysoft responded with two new registration keys. One for AnyDVD and one for CloneDVD. I already had two new keys sent to me just a few weeks ago.

So I went through the motions once again. Activated the key for AnyDVD. After all of that the program still did not work. (this is the short version of what I did)

So I went to the START button. Then RUN. I entered MSINFO32. Then looked at the SYSTEM DRIVERS.

Guess what AnyDVD.sys was not there. What a surprise. I have only stated that how many times in this forum?

I contacted Slysoft once again explaining to them that the the new key did not fix the problem. I also explained that the driver is missing and will not reinstall itself.

It should be interesting to see what the next suggestion is.

I'll keep you and everyone posted. Maybe they will kick me out of here as this cannot look good for them and for there prime program.

But we will see.

I hope no one ever has this problem. This is turning into a joke. And the customer is not laughing.

All of this after doing a simple upgrade. Download the latest version. Run the downloaded copy. Installed. Right? In my case NO. The prograam never worked again.

Thanks
Greeter

sounds like you may have to reformat windows to make anydvd work again. and that may not even work

sounds like you may have to reformat windows to make anydvd work again. and that may not even work

Not worth the effort for one program. I run too many programs to go through the hassel to reinstall over a 80 programs.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
Greeter

After reading all of these threads, it sounds like something is blocking your installation. It could be a program like Nero, or a driver conflict somewhere. You could try going to http://www.driveragent.com and getting a free scan. Don't necessarily believe what they tell you (drivers are funny), but it might give you an idea.

Have you tried running MSConfig & booting up in diagnostic mode & trying to install from there?

I might try uninstalling all of the drivers for my CD/DVD-ROM drives & rebooting & letting Windows re-install them.

Driver conflicts can be as mysterious as virus/trojan problems. Often there seems to be no causal nexus to the problems they cause.

:mad: I feel for you Greeter :( I've had some rough times with software myself & WebSlinger I don't understand what it is that you can't/won't understand :confused: I've read every post from start to here & I'd say he's more than
clearly told you his problem. It's the missing driver in the System file folder. Seems pretty clear to me. Why can't you get past the Blacklisted stuff! If you don't have an answer to this particular problem, it's a computer & it happens. I have a suggestion Greeter if you can afford it & are willing to invest some more time in trying to resolve your problem. If you have a spare drive & if you are capable of installing it in your 'puter, reload Windows from
scratch on that drive & try AnyDVD on the new setup. I'm sure it will work. Obviously something is corrupted on the original setup or if it's a conflict you could be there forever trying to find the problem. It's an evenings work, but I'm
sure it'll solve your problem. If it does, you can slowly install the rest of your programs at your leisure. If it doesn't, revert back to the original setup on the original drive. If your computer is reasonably new you can choose which drive to boot from, switching back & forth as is needed in the Bios Setup. This way you get to try it without losing your original setup. Another avenue would be Norton Ghost 9.0 or up, make an image of your C:\ to a 2nd drive\burn to DVDs & reinstall Windows\AnyDVD. If it still won't work on a fresh Setup, it's time to buy a gun!!!!!:agree: (LOL) Just kidding. I'm sure your problem will be solved.

P.s.

:D Don't forget to save your keys to a floppy, USB stick or burn to CD before doing any of the above!!!!:doh:

& WebSlinger I don't understand what it is that you can't/won't understand :confused:

If Anydvd won't run at all, then, by that very statement, it shouldn't give you trial information. That's what I don't understand. I dare say the four very highly paid software developers (not from Slysoft) that I had read this thread as well--also don't understand how that could happen.

Other than booting into Windows safe mode and attempting to uninstall (possibly reinstall) from there, I have no other suggestions. I can't reproduce this issue on three systems here --but I can almost guarantee the problem was initially caused by one of the other "80 programs" that are installed on Greeter's system.

Last edited:
have you tried "system restore" to a date when it was working? It has worked for me before.

Last edited:
@ Greeter,

You state that at one time you had the AnyDVD software program installed and functioning correctly and then all of a sudden AnyDVD stopped working correctly. Also you state you have over 80 software programs installed. Have you considered the possibly that one of these 80 software programs could be interfering with the proper functioning of the AnyDVD software program?

Also have you considered the possibility that you could have some Virus/Trojan/SpyWare?

It appears that possibly you could have an unidentified processes running in the background that is preventing the AnyDVD software program from installing properly and preventing AnyDVD from functioning correctly. Suggest opening Windows Task Manager and post ALL of the processes you have running.

Regards,
Coaster

Back