• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.4 Beta discussion

We were politely asked not to create these type of threads by an administrator here:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/1-0-8-2-discussion.69522/page-2

From pete;
General request: please don't create this type of "generic threads", where dozens of topics get all thrown together. It is nearly impossible to get/keep an overview over individual problems.
Create one thread per topic/problem/request. Pick meaningful thread titles (not "I have a problem" or "help, please" - both of which I'm not making up.

We were politely asked not to create these type of threads by an administrator here:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/1-0-8-2-discussion.69522/page-2

From pete;
General request: please don't create this type of "generic threads", where dozens of topics get all thrown together. It is nearly impossible to get/keep an overview over individual problems.
Create one thread per topic/problem/request. Pick meaningful thread titles (not "I have a problem" or "help, please" - both of which I'm not making up.
Pete has a point. But we are not discussing bugs or problems here, are we? :)

No you and him were not but you just know someone else will though. Also I said that as a reminder for all of us members . I do it / have done it too and I'm sure not everyone has seen that post by Pete anyway. And you (insert RedFox/Elby personnel here) can post/reply to whatever, wherever, and whenever you want as far as I'm concerned "and that's about all I've got to say about that". Well you might have to ask/tell Ivan however that works with your team. But it matters not to me and this is yours anyway.

No you and him were not, but you just know someone else will though.

Ironically, this was a single topic thread - right up to the point you made it a two topic thread. :ROFLMAO:

I'll add one to the pie.
New: With most computers a reboot is no longer required after driver installation

Oddly this version gave the the warning (first in a long time) that I would need to reboot after installation. However when installation completed - it did not force the reboot?
-W

Last edited:
Ironically, this was a single topic thread - right up to the point you made it a two topic thread. :ROFLMAO:

I'll add one to the pie.
New: With most computers a reboot is no longer required after driver installation

Oddly this version gave the the warning (first in a long time) that I would need to reboot after installation. However when installation completed - it did not force the reboot?
-W
Lol clams with your Darth Vader that's scolding me like my name is Luke. I get that feeling now after he said that.

Last edited:
What does "Improved ScreenPass support" mean?,
you don't have to get a logfile of every movie to get this one fixed?
and will clonebd alway show the right playlist or must clonebds opd get updated too?

CloneBD doesn't have an opd or shows the playlist number. Only anydvd has an opd, and when decryption is done correctly CloneBD automatically picks the correct playlist. Logfiles are always needed. I'm guessing it just means better initial detection.

Guessing?
"Screen Pass is the most effective and most frequently updated disc-based anti piracy solution on the market today. By taking a novel approach to the piracy issue, Screen Pass allows content owners to capitalize on piracy and turn would-be pirates into legitimate consumers."
So "Improved ScreenPass support" would seem to be about improved detection of said protections..

-W
This is expected behavior. I agree it may be confusing, so let me explain.
The setup detects, that AnyDVD version and the installed driver version don't match, so it shows this message. The wording is wrong, it should read "might need to reboot" instead of "will need to reboot". I didn't want to completely remove this message, because the attempt to replace the driver without reboot might fail for many reasons. E.g. a 3rd party filter driver or a disc in the optical drive with open file handles. But it usually works to replace the driver on a running system. If it works, no further message is shown. If it didn't, you will see the usual question "do you want to reboot now?" and if you decline, AnyDVD will not work (status will show "AnyDVD is disabled for this drive").

I could remove the first message (no other software I know does this pre-warning), but I believe it is "a good thing(tm)".

Imagine you invited friends in your home theatre with your 2.40:1 Cinemascope Ultra-Wide screen to watch a movie. You use AnyDVD so your audience can actually see the subtitles and isn't blinded by them in the dark. Not to mention, that your wonderful copy of PowerDVD 10 wouldn't work without AnyDVD at all.

You have an AnyDVD update, and you think "well, installation is so fast, why not just use the latest and greatest version for this occasion". You install it, and bummer! "You need to reboot".
In such a situation you probably want to skip the update for the moment.

Back