• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Real Strange Windows 10 thingie.... (in general - not DVD related)

Every one loves FREE!!! Things. Keep us posted of your 30 day journey through MS ville . I have no plans to upgrade to W10 from W7 unless I get a new tower or laptop with it. Of course that will mean I will also get me another RedFox AnyDVDHD license for it too. I'm not running one license on multiple computers. They deserve the measly €109 or less if they have a discount going on for all it does for me.
I certainly will tell you all the odd quirks and what not with this new OS I'm playing with.

One bit of odd news though: my ArcSoft Total Media Theatre 5 or 6 does seem to work a bit with Windows 10, but I know eventually it'll go bye-bye, since I'm only playing ripped movies, and not playing any newer Blu-rays or DVDs or any other current stuff.

ArcSoft Total Media Theatre became abandon ware almost 2 years ago, so ArcSoft does not support it anymore if you purchased a copy of either version 5 (I have it before they put Cinavia in a later version of 5) and 6--which has Cinavia in it.

Also, my HitmanPro scan said that the newest AnyDVD HD is potential malware. Of course, I reported to the authors of that program that this is a false positive, and I installed the update anyway.

And, I'm happy to report, PowerDVD 10 Ultra does work in Windows 10 Pro--you need AnyDVD HD to keep it working though. I haven't tried out my version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra yet--I rarely use it, and I have versions 13 to 16 for Blu-ray/DVD playback.

Anyway, I'll see what quirks will pop up with this new OS of mine in the next 28 days I have before I have to permanently keep this OS.

EDIT: I almost forgot, I had to reboot AnyDVD HD after I installed the newest version. I couldn't avoid doing the reboot thing with my Win 10 Pro machine.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_HD_HitmanPro_6-18-2016.jpg
    AnyDVD_HD_HitmanPro_6-18-2016.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I certainly will tell you all the odd quirks and what not with this new OS I'm playing with.

One bit of odd news though: my ArcSoft Total Media Theatre 5 or 6 does seem to work a bit with Windows 10, but I know eventually it'll go bye-bye, since I'm only playing ripped movies, and not playing any newer Blu-rays or DVDs or any other current stuff.
Newer movies are no problem. You have AnyDVD for this.
The Arcsoft anti-tampering driver is. It destroys Windows 10. Really. You don't even need to start TMT at all. Just let your Windows 10 box run. It will crash hard with memory corruption sooner or later.
The really bad thing: Uninstalling TMT probably won't fix this. Arcsoft likes to keep their drivers installed. You need to go into regedit to remove it from HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services.
Really. I am serious. Windows 10 should prevent installation of TMT by flagging it incompatibe, even dangerous (they have done this with some programs, like older Acronis True Image versions).

EDIT: I almost forgot, I had to reboot AnyDVD HD after I installed the newest version. I couldn't avoid doing the reboot thing with my Win 10 Pro machine.

Did you have a disc in an optical or virtual drive? Please post an AnyDVD logfile, maybe I can improve the procedure for you and others in the future.

Newer movies are no problem. You have AnyDVD for this.
The Arcsoft anti-tampering driver is. It destroys Windows 10. Really. You don't even need to start TMT at all. Just let your Windows 10 box run. It will crash hard with memory corruption sooner or later.
The really bad thing: Uninstalling TMT probably won't fix this. Arcsoft likes to keep their drivers installed. You need to go into regedit to remove it from HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services.
Really. I am serious. Windows 10 should prevent installation of TMT by flagging it incompatibe, even dangerous (they have done this with some programs, like older Acronis True Image versions).

Did you have a disc in an optical or virtual drive? Please post an AnyDVD logfile, maybe I can improve the procedure for you and others in the future.
James, I'm glad you told me this. I will get right on top of it later tonight.

James, I have two side questions: One, will AnyDVD still stay as a 32 bit program for the foreseeable future? I wonder if it can be updated to 64bit.
And, Two, when will ReClock be updated for PowerDVD 16?

Anyway, here is a AnyDVD HD log of the Blu-ray of DEADPOOL that is in one of my drives, and also a log from one of my virtual drives.

EDIT: I did have a disc in my drive, and the virtual drives active when I installed the newest version of AnyDVD HD, just for the record.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.4_Info_I_Deadpool.ziplog
    917 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.0.2.4_Info_P_STAR_TREK_S2D1.ziplog
    278.5 KB · Views: 0
James, I have two side questions: One, will AnyDVD still stay as a 32 bit program for the foreseeable future?
No.
I wonder if it can be updated to 64bit.
I see no reason for this. The part that is already doing the time critical work is already 64bit: The AnyDVD driver.

And, Two, when will ReClock be updated for PowerDVD 16?
Soon. ;)
Seriously, PowerDVD 16 is a PITA. It requires a completely new mechanism to convince it to use ReClock. I had a working version for PowerDVD 16, but PowerDVD 16 suddenly died some days later. I don't know why, if it is ReClock's fault or some Cyberlinkish erratic behavior.
I could release a new ReClock now, but I don't know how well it will work out.

Anyway, here is a AnyDVD HD log of the Blu-ray of DEADPOOL that is in one of my drives, and also a log from one of my virtual drives.
Thank you, I see the reason: AnyDVD thinks, the GameJackal driver might be "evil" and doesn't dare to perform a hot driver swap. This can be fixed.

No.

I see no reason for this. The part that is already doing the time critical work is already 64bit: The AnyDVD driver.

Soon. ;)
Seriously, PowerDVD 16 is a PITA. It requires a completely new mechanism to convince it to use ReClock. I had a working version for PowerDVD 16, but PowerDVD 16 suddenly died some days later. I don't know why, if it is ReClock's fault or some Cyberlinkish erratic behavior.
I could release a new ReClock now, but I don't know how well it will work out.
Thanks for the replies, James. Even though I am in now way, shape, or form, near the technical expertise you possess, you at least make it so that I can understand what you're saying in basic terms.

And I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to technology.

By the way, did the AnyDVD HD logs help you figure out why my Windows 10 machine needed a reboot?

EDIT: I see that you already answered my question about AnyDVD HD needing a reboot.

Thank you, I see the reason: AnyDVD thinks, the GameJackal driver might be "evil" and doesn't dare to perform a hot driver swap. This can be fixed.
I do have some old PC games that GameJackal can still be effective with. With Windows 10, is it safe to still continue to use GameJackal on the OS from time to time?

Sure, if it works. And the reboot thing is an AnyDVD problem. GameJackal is fine.
Thanks, James.

I'm embarrassed to ask this, even though I know where to find regedit, but I have this question: which tree/folder do I go so I can delete ArcSoft from my PC, like you suggested earlier?

:oops:

I'm having a devil of a time finding the right part of regedit to even get started, and I don't want to inadvertently Bork my PC, forcing me to re-install Windows 7, and then upgrade up to Windows 10.

UPDATE:

Well, I went through the regedit tree, and finally found the area that James was talking about.

I'm posting it here in case there are people that still have ArcSoft TMT still installed on their PCs or laptops.

Attachments

• HKLM_ArcSoft_Settings_6-18-2016.jpg
    HKLM_ArcSoft_Settings_6-18-2016.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 10
Update 2:

I think I found the right folder.

I'm attaching the pic I made with SnagIt (Thanks to the mod RedFox 1 telling me about this nice piece of software last year) so that you can take pictures of your PC when you're troubleshooting with Tech Support, or other things as well.

If this is it, James, I have a very big question: do I delete or modify any of the Binary data that I see?

Attachments

• HKLM_ArcSoft_Settings_6-18-2016_Question.jpg
    HKLM_ArcSoft_Settings_6-18-2016_Question.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 14
Update 2:

I'm attaching the pic I made with SnagIt (Thanks to the mod RedFox 1 telling me about this nice piece of software last year) so that you can take pictures of your PC when you're troubleshooting with Tech Support, or other things as well.

If this is it, James, I have a very big question: do I delete or modify any of the Binary data that I see?
ArcCtrl looks correct (TMT6? Haven't used this much, I stuck to an older TMT5 version which IMHO worked much better), but you have ArcSec, too. Is this from TMT5 or did TMT6 install two drivers? Anyway, both need to go. (Make sure, these are both from ArcSoft. Not everything starting with "arc" must go!)
You can delete the ArcSec and ArcCtrl keys and reboot.
If you want to experiment, you can change the "Start" value to 3 instead. The driver will no longer be loaded during startup, but you can do it manually from an administrator command prompt with

net start <name> where <name> is the DisplayName from the registry.

For TMT5 this would be

net start archlp

Now you can play around with TMT - until Windows 10 crashes. :p

EDIT:

CurrentControlSet\Services Subkey Entries:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/103000

I have a very big question: do I delete or modify any of the Binary data that I see?

I believe you would delete the whole folder.
I'm pretty sure ArcSec is also an ArcSoft driver.

You can backup the folder first (or everything in the Registry if you wanted).
Highlight what you want to backup in Regedit- File > Export

Edit - Sorry didn't see James post.

ArcCtrl looks correct (TMT6? Haven't used this much, I stuck to an older TMT5 version which IMHO worked much better), but you have ArcSec, too. Is this from TMT5 or did TMT6 install two drivers? Anyway, both need to go. (Make sure, these are both from ArcSoft. Not everything starting with "arc" must go!)
You can delete the ArcSec and ArcCtrl keys and reboot.
If you want to experiment, you can change the "Start" value to 3 instead. The driver will no longer be loaded during startup, but you can do it manually from an administrator command prompt with

net start <name> where <name> is the DisplayName from the registry.

For TMT5 this would be

net start archlp

Now you can play around with TMT - until Windows 10 crashes. :p

EDIT:

CurrentControlSet\Services Subkey Entries:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/103000

Thanks again for the assist. By the way, while you were doing the digging up all the info, I just bought another lifetime license for AnyDVD HD!!

Long live the RedFox project!!!

I believe you would delete the whole folder.
I'm pretty sure ArcSec is also an ArcSoft driver.

You can backup the folder first (or everything in the Registry if you wanted).
Highlight what you want to backup in Regedit- File > Export

Edit - Sorry didn't see James post.
It's nice to have options.

I don't like to finagle with regedit if I can help it. One wrong deletion or putting in the wrong value somewhere can mess up a sweet system very quickly.

James, for the record, I have both ArcSoft TMT 5 and ArcSoft TMT 6 on my Windows 10 system.

James, for the record, I have both ArcSoft TMT 5 and ArcSoft TMT 6 on my Windows 10 system.
Good, this explains the two drivers. Delete the ArcSec and ArcCtrl keys (the things on the left pane that look like folders), reboot, and you're good.

EDIT: And you're still typing messages on your Windows 10 box while the two ArcSoft drivers are loaded? During my testing Windows 10 crashed after one-two hours with ArcSoft drivers running.

Good, this explains the two drivers. Delete the ArcSec and ArcCtrl keys (the things on the left pane that look like folders), reboot, and you're good.
I'm about to do that right now.

I'll reboot, and be back in a few minutes.

Back