• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.4 Beta discussion

@James and now spotted a bug inside AnyDVD's main GUI itself. The values inside the dropdown box for subtitle positions don't get translated despite being localised. Issue is also present when clicking on the edit box. nl file sent to tom and you :)

Attachments

• anydvd subtitles.png
    anydvd subtitles.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 13
@James and now spotted a bug inside AnyDVD's main GUI itself. The values inside the dropdown box for subtitle positions don't get translated despite being localised. Issue is also present when clicking on the edit box. nl file sent to tom and you :)
It's about time you did something productive around here ch3vy :whistle: . LOL :p
Just kidding;):). Good work that just benefits all the Translation people they have . And it's probably easier for you to spot anyway. o_O
And really good job. (y)

@James and now spotted :)a bug inside AnyDVD's main GUI itself. The values inside the dropdown box for subtitle positions don't get translated despite being localised.
They are, but you have to jump through some loops first. ;)
Go to "Edit...", and click "Default". Now you should see your translation.
The problem is, that AnyDVD was started without your translation. If strings are missing, the English version will be used. As the text is alterable by the user, I can't just override it, if your translation is present at a later time.

Don't think that applies in my case unless I'm misunderstanding this. After I translate, I completely restart anydvd (right click+ exit, then launch from desktop icon). This should trigger an immediate localisation of them (that's how it does for the other ones and tooltips, just not the drop down ones), and that's not happening. Clicking "default" does fix it but afaik that shouldn't be needed to do.

Something i just spotted when clicking on "edit", the allotted space for the localization of the word "Move" is too small for NL. See image. Half of the V is missing.

Attachments

• anydvd subtitles 2.png
    anydvd subtitles 2.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 8
Don't think that applies in my case unless I'm misunderstanding this. After I translate, I completely restart anydvd (right click+ exit, then launch from desktop icon). This should trigger an immediate localisation of them (that's how it does for the other ones and tooltips, just not the drop down ones), and that's not happening. Clicking "default" does fix it but afaik that shouldn't be needed to do.
You must click "Standaard" inside the "Ondertitel positie aanpassen" editor window. This is caused by my (possibly stupid?) design decision, that the user is allowed to alter the default preset names.
If I always replace them with the translation, if you switch languages, the user would be unhappy.

Something i just spotted when clicking on "edit", the allotted space for the localization of the word "Move" is too small for NL. See image. Half of the V is missing.
Thanks, I'll fix this.

Am i correct with the following then? Version 8025 will default to the nl values or can it be made to do so? If it's not possible, perhaps a small alert can be added the first time the user clicks to edit the values that tells them to click "default" first and have it affect ALL language values in 1 go. Right now "default" has to be clicked for each dropdown option. That way the values would be in nl while still retaining the ability to have them renamed.

Am i correct with the following then? Version 8025 will default to the nl values or can it be made to do so?
It will, yes, because your translation strings are present at program start. Unless 8024 was started before...

If it's not possible, perhaps a small alert can be added the first time the user clicks to edit the values that tells them to click "default" first and have it affect ALL language values in 1 go. Right now "default" has to be clicked for each dropdown option. That way the values would be in nl while still retaining the ability to have them renamed.
Come on, for a feature only 10 people will care about? And only one of them speaking Dutch? ;)
Maybe I'll change it, that the first 3 preset names can not be changed by the user, so I can always insert the translated strings.

I'll leave that up to you, just the feature is there and you're willing to think about it. :)

I'll leave that up to you, just the feature is there and you're willing to think about it. :)
I changed it, that the first three preset names are fixed and can't be changed by the user. You're right, it was confusing.
However, to see "Gebruiker voorinstelling" you might need to click "Standaard" in the edit window. Fair compromise. :whistle:

Fair compromise indeed, there wouldn't have been much sense into having the first 3 presets if the user would have been able to change them anyway :) Might as well have labelled them "user preset 1-10" then :) Happy to see the change implemented. Already clicked "Standaard" ;)

No clams that was a joke about this . And I thought you would get it.

Talking about the subtitle transparency features.

I thought he was referencing the fact that you were the only 2 in the thread - at that point... LOL
-W

Just noticed in program settings the OPD setting is gone.
Is this by design ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Pretty sure it is and has something to do with the licensing system changes and the option that trials can now access the opd too.

Pretty sure it is and has something to do with the licensing system changes and the option that trials can now access the opd too.
... and that disabling the OPD is just plain stupid, because AnyDVD sometimes can't even detect, that it can't decrypt a disc without help of the OPD (screenpass).

@James you say you "locked" the first 3 subtitle presets to be uneditable, however that seems to be limited to title only and not the actual values? An oversight or by design?

Back