• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6 4 6 2 - Kaspersky false-positive detection

A buddy of mine emailed Kaspersky. This was the response:

--
Hello,

AnyDVDtray.exe_

We are sorry, it is false alarm. It will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

Please quote all when answering.

--
Best regards, Vladimir Krylov
Virus analyst, Kaspersky Lab.
e-mail: newvirus@kaspersky.com
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Thanks for the info, Webslinger.

Tada! A false-positive as we said all along. :D

Even the better AV programs make mistakes. It happens.

Hi :)
Again it could be the fact that I did a clean install (offline) of my whole setup.
So AnyDVD 6.4.6.2 was on my PC before I installed KIS.
I am considering whether or not to uninstall, then try reinstalling.

Again it could be the fact that I did a clean install (offline) of my whole setup.

I did the same after re-thinking as you. I tried to install and it did get flagged on my end as well.

Don't zeb. You don't want this problem. You really don't. :(

Hah!!!
Too late. :bang:
I have also got some info from the inside.
It is as the developers see not a problem as such. As it does what it meant to. In terms of analysis.
Just too fiercely.
This current problem has been around for a while now & not just causing AnyDVD users problems.
So an resolution shouldn't be too far off.

Even the better AV programs make mistakes. It happens.

Yeah, but why can't I override the false positive?

Adding anydvdtray.exe to the trusted zone and to the exclusion list isn't enough. It seems impossible to create a global rule for that file (so that I don't have to specify not to delete it based on a precise location on my hard drive). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but even if I am, figuring out a workaround shouldn't be this difficult. :doh:

After my remaining subscription has ended, I'm going to seriously take a much closer look at Nod32.

Yeah, but why can't I override the false positive?

Adding anydvdtray.exe to the trusted zone and to the exclusion list isn't enough. It seems impossible to create a global rule for that file (so that I don't have to specify not to delete it based on a precise location on my hard drive). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but even if I am, figuring out a workaround shouldn't be this difficult. :doh:

I fully agree here and it saddens me that they've made this so complicated. I started using Kaspersky around 1997 so I go back a ways with the program. When Kaspersky started to make the product look more pretty with a flashy GUI like Norton and Mcafee is when I had issues. Then they dumbed down the software by making it overly simple, IMHO. I used it when you could really have advanced settings and that was normal. When it became more "simple" is when I grew annoyed with it and looked for alternatives. It's still a great product for the most part but it just wasn't for me. Anyway, they need to fix the the way their trusted zone/exclusion list works. It's nice that it warns you even if a file is already in an exclusion list but you should be able to override action taken.

After my remaining subscription has ended, I'm going to seriously take a much closer look at Nod32.

It's a nice AV. I've been using it for about 2 years now.

Last edited:
:confused: Have you tried reinstalling Anydvd?

Kaspersky is still blocking Anydvd from working/installing properly for me.

Update your definitions and try again. I just tried the online scanner with newer definitions and it now shows the file as clean. They've fixed something.

Last edited:
It will try to block me if I try to install but not to run. Just thought I'd share that.

Update your definitions and try again. I just tried the online scanner with newer definitions and it now shows the file as clean. They've fixed something.

Well, I updated. I didn't notice any definitions being updated on my end (with respect to date and time), so maybe the update hasn't made it to all the servers yet.

Anyway, I managed to get Anydvd working by mucking around with the exclusion list in Kaspersky for 25 minutes.

Kaspersky is still trying to shove Anydvdtray.exe into the untrusted zone when I attempt to install Anydvd, despite having Anydvdtray.exe manually added to the trusted zone.

Okay, I just updated Kaspersky again. The problem is now resolved, finally. I removed Anydvdtray from my exclusions list and from my trusted zone just to make sure before testing a reinstall of Anydvd. Kaspersky did not complain about anything this time.

So, if you are having issues with Kaspersky, do update your definitions.

I have Kaspersky version 8.0.0.357 and AnyDvd version 6.4.6.2 and I am not experiencing any problem.

I have Kaspersky version 8.0.0.357

Old version. Update. http://www.kaspersky.com/kis_latest_versions?downlink=206910019

and AnyDvd version 6.4.6.2 and I am not experiencing any problem.

You would have (when this thread was created) if you had updated your database definitions--and then attempted to reinstall Anydvd.

But you won't have a problem now because Kaspersky fixed the issue on their end: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=127541&postcount=39

Last edited:
:confused: Have you tried reinstalling Anydvd?

Kaspersky is still blocking Anydvd from working/installing properly for me.

I updated and I still read 8.0.0.357. It states "database status: up to date".

Just for you coodbe. (Probably quite a few others.)
The definitions are you have might well be the latest.
The "version 8.0.0.357" & "version 8.0.0.454" relate to the program (shell) & not definitions.
This latest version may well make a difference to you, albeit a small one.

Back