• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6 4 6 2 - Kaspersky false-positive detection

The definition files released Sunday, August 24, 2008 21:02:47 are flagging the file. The specific version of Kaspersky is likely irrelevant.

I was using those definition files with 7.0.1.325.

Based on what Zebadee wrote, I'm thinking the issue has do with using default rule settings or user defined ones (having changed program rule settings).

My girlfriend's system also has 7.0.1.325 installed with the latest virus definitions, and she's not having issues. I'm not going to try updating her computer to Kaspersky 2009 yet.

Kaspersky's definition rules seem to supersede user defined ones in some cases.

Last edited:
Iam using Kaspersky 7.0.1.325 and Iam getting the same error message about the trojan in ANYDVDTRAY

Hi :)
So what's wrong with checking out their forum.
http://forum.kaspersky.com/

I did. I didn't find anything useful.

Basically someone is going to have to go into the "detected threats" tab, right click on the deleted Anydvdtray.exe entry, click "send", and email/report the file as a false positive.

Last edited:
Well, just as an anectdote, i use NOD32 and ZoneAlarm and neither is having any issues with AnyDVD so take it for what it's worth, but i'm sure at least one of those would throw an exception... especially NOD32, IF it was a legit flag as NOD32 has always caught legitimate infestations that i've had.

I would definitely recommend it over Kaskpersky for things like this and speed.

/End shameless plug

I did. I didn't find anything useful.

Basically someone is going to have to go into the "detected threats" tab, right click on the deleted Anydvdtray.exe entry, click "send", and email/report the file as a false positive.

If I had Kaspersky installed I would definitely do this. Alas, I do not and the online scanner won't let me do this.

So... everyone who has this problem and who read Webslinger's post please do what he said.

Well, just as an anectdote, i use NOD32

I am considering switching to Nod32 actually when my current Kaspersky subscription ends.

I would definitely recommend it over Kaskpersky for things like this and speed.

Hmm . . . Kaspersky (2009) claims to have the fastest scanning speed in the industry (not that I trust them): "New - Advanced anti-virus engine delivers the industry's fastest scan times (Passmark Security, June 2007). Saves time and improves performance."

Must be me then.... :p

Kaspersky doesn't care about that file. It cares about Anydvdtray.exe (and if I move it to the trusted zone, Kaspersky goes ahead and moves it to the "untrusted" zone).

I am running Kaspersky 2008 or 2009? Not sure SlyFox1 may know as he uses the same one. I have and I can honestly say your database has to be out of date as I didn't have this issue.

Hmm . . . Kaspersky (2009) claims to have the fastest scanning speed in the industry (not that I trust them): "New - Advanced anti-virus engine delivers the industry's fastest scan times (Passmark Security, June 2007). Saves time and improves performance."

What are they using? roll-the-dice™ ?

It's not. Trust me.

As Drinklyeanddie has already stated, the lastest Kaspersky virus database is flagging anydvdtray.exe

Why is my legit version not flagging it then? If this was true wouldn't it effect all kaspersky users?

Last edited:
Why is my legit version not flagging it then? If this was true wouldn't it effect all kaspersky users?

I can't answer that one but I do know that using the online scanner with three different definition releases flagged the file: Sunday, August 24, 2008 21:02:47; Sunday, August 24, 2008 21:40:56; and Sunday, August 24, 2008 22:20:48. The Sunday, August 24, 2008 22:20:48 definitions are the most recent for the online scanner since I literally just scanned the file again. The online scanner is listed as v7 so I have to assume it uses the latest version of Kaspersky v7 and the same definitions.

Not to cause trouble but anydvdsystem tray etc.... I did nothing to allow it as stated in this thread. I just installed it and enjoyed the good software from slysoft. Another words I did nothing but install anydvd hd and let it perform its magic.

capturekh5.jpg

Why do I not get a false positive then? Like I said I didn't allow anydvd settings at all in kaspersky. I just installed and enjoyed slysoft's software.

Okay thanks Web I tried to reinstall it and yes it gets flagged during the install.

I have seen several posts (not just here) reporting the same thing.
However it is not universal.
Also some folk can get the online scanner to report this false negative.
Yet can't duplicate with the downloaded version.
The latest updates came after the this thread started.
So maybe a manual update will help.
Though I am not convinced.
Another factor is it could be language related.
By this I mean there are variations on a theme.
Yet another point is that some servers get updates earlier than others.
So I don't doubt folk are having problems.
Just not convinced the answer is that easy.

Kaspersky acknowledges issue

A buddy of mine emailed Kaspersky. This was the response:

--
Hello,

AnyDVDtray.exe_

We are sorry, it is false alarm. It will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

Please quote all when answering.

--
Best regards, Vladimir Krylov
Virus analyst, Kaspersky Lab.
e-mail: newvirus@kaspersky.com
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Back