• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta

I have an idea to see if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory:
can someone who has an HDCP-compliant system do this:
-run AnyDVD without selecting the BD-Drive for processing (understand no removal of AACS protection)
-then run PDVD build 3304+ and see if it reads the disc normally (understand no message asking for critical update)

By this, we will know if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory, or if it checks the content of the BD itself.

Good idea come on anybody could try it?!

I have an idea to see if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory:
can someone who has an HDCP-compliant system do this:
-run AnyDVD without selecting the BD-Drive for processing (understand no removal of AACS protection)
-then run PDVD build 3304+ and see if it reads the disc normally (understand no message asking for critical update)

By this, we will know if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory, or if it checks the content of the BD itself.

Why so complicated?
Just run, but disable AnyDVD. Then it's in memory, but doesn't touch the data. No need to try this: we already know, it works then.
As said before, I'm nearly 100% sure that powerdvd is not checking for the presence of AnyDVD - this is simply some sort of "conspiracy theory", the more we talk about it, the more we actually start to believe it's true. Wrong direction, really.

Pdvd detects that "something" doesn't add up with the data and what the drive reports. If we find out, what it is, we'll have it fixed in no time.

So now we've had many people report that PDVDU version 3319f kills HDD playback, and one person report that it does not. This is a key issue for the future viability of PDVDU; can anyone definitively confirm what's up with this feature?

So now we've had many people report that PDVDU version 3319f kills HDD playback, and one person report that it does not. This is a key issue for the future viability of PDVDU; can anyone definitively confirm what's up with this feature?
I'm thinking he has the 3319a version - the f only came out a couple of days ago, right?

I have the full installer for 3319a, which I'm happy with. This is the last version that allows hdd playback. I don't need to have anydvd running - all my stuff is hdcp compliant, and is seen as compliant (which is all that matters, of course). And 3319a will let you play the latest hddvd and Blu-Ray from the disc itself (though it is best to disconnect from the web before playing anything).

I'm glad to see that peer thinks it is not directly related to anydvd - that makes me feel a little better.
But I still hope someone comes out with an open source player soon. We don't need anything with AACS LA approval either - we need an non-AACS Blu-Ray/HDDVD player.

Confused!

Full Copy Of 3319a patched to 3319f
XP/Vista both

were did the information that says they banned removed that feature?
HDD Playback
I seen nothing in there change log and nothing on there web page,
or are you guys referring to a anydvd issue I'm confused and have no problem and no facts from cyberlink ?

Hi Guys,

I wanted to try this PowerDVD issue myself and I did. I upgraded from every version which came out to 3319f. After every reinstallation non of my rips played, no BDs now HDDVDs, I tried playing from HDD. Everytime I tried to playback it looked like the video has to start but than an internal error showed up. OK because a wnated to do a fresh install of windows I did that. The first programm I installed was PowerDVD and patched it to 3319f. And guess what the videos played back without any issues(the only thing which stayed was that I have to rip the Spiderman Trilogy to watch it.). Now the confusion really started. I installed every programm new. After PowerDVD AnyDVD came it didn't change anything I can play whatever I like(except Spiderman directly from the disc) ok after I installed my virus scanner and installed PowerDVD again nothing worked...the old error showed up again. So my guess is that my virus scanner blocked PowerDVD to install something or execute something. When I deinstall my virus scanner again and install PowerDVD again everything is fine.

I use Vista Ultimate. I hope this helps some of you guys to get rid of your PowerDVD issue.
PS:The only thing I didn't test was if a BD+ works or not I am going to try tomorrow

were did the information that says they banned removed that feature?
HDD Playback
I seen nothing in there change log and nothing on there web page,
or are you guys referring to a anydvd issue I'm confused and have no problem and no facts from cyberlink ?

have you tried the playback from the hdd with 3319f , because the option is there it just wont actualy play

for me everything works with 3319f after I kicked my virus scanner and did a fresh install of PowerDVD

PDVD 3319f is now officially listed on the Cyberlink Website

Everything seems to work fine on my system.

The update utility tells me mine is up to date.

Can anyone confirm how to check the version? It is not intutively obvious.

Press Ctrl+A while something is playing, then click on your username.

willywonton

:agree:AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH
Help:will i install or not,cant afford to loose my movies on hard disk.p.s.
use "my movies" programe with media center and power dvd great system.
use with hd-dvd,dosent work great with blu-ray.

Last edited:
how do you use "my movies" for mediacenter??? for me it doesnt work with blu-ray or hd-dvd!

go to www.mymovies.com,download the patch,when you run the program(as long as you have powerdvd ultra installed)it gives you the option to use powerdvd as the default player.you can then download your covers and info,it comes up in media player and bingo :clap:your hd-dvd starts at a click

well it does play rips from a BD-R disc just burned as data disc, how ever that don't work in a Standalone BD player, looks like to me it's just a program error,

I use the Anti virus software from Avira Anti Vir

well it does play rips from a BD-R disc just burned as data disc, how ever that don't work in a Standalone BD player, looks like to me it's just a program error,

The rips you burned don't work in an standalone player? That is weird many people here said the rips would work in a PS3 or do you try to playback a rip with BD+ this doesn't work of course. OK I can now say ripped Bds burned to a BD-R playback with PowerDVD also rips on my harddrive work and also all BD(except Spiderman trilogy) work when AnyDVD is enabled for playback. So I think Cyberlink doesn't check if AnyDVD is running or something else there has to be a bug or something on your system is blocks the function now?! By the while this patch seems to be a little bit buggy because when I tried to install the patch the first time it wanted to remove PowerDVD from my sytem. I downloaded it again and it worked

Back