• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta

So, is the problem definitivly from PowerDVD detecting AnyDVD?
If this is true, can Slysoft do something to... I don't know... hide itself? We cannot stay with build 3104 forever... :bowdown:

Does sound like it.

I updated pdvd and put in sunshine, anydvd was enabled and thought damn it still aint fixed then changed disc and tried die hard and same thing didnt work.

Closed pdvd and anydvd. Reloaded pdvd and tried with both movies and worked fine. I think it came with the message saying resume movie or start from beginning, when i saw this i thought damn aint going to work but i did from beginning and played fine. No problems with Video and DTS-HD was working fine.

Highly improbable.

..but looking increasingly likely all the same. Why do you assume Cyberlink wouldn't take this route ?

3319e/f no longer allows playback from HDD and my ISO of FF RoSS no longer plays with 3319f, it played fine with 3319a.

It looks to me as if someone (BDA?) is piling the pressure on Cyberlink to tighten up on what/how it is allowed to play.

..but looking increasingly likely all the same. Why do you assume Cyberlink wouldn't take this route ?

Because that would be stupid, silly and most of all futile, easy to circumvent.

Cyberlink people are not stupid. I'm sure it has a very simple reason, like some informational conflict (some information indicating AACS protection even though it appears to be an unprotected disc).

Just bought Ocean's 11 and 12 Bluray (unfortunately HD DVD not out yet) and i can't watch them. Can't wait for the next update, i wanna do an Ocean's marathon :)

You bought them?!Great!I would like to buy them myself ...do they have BD+?From which region are your BDs? And by the while are the discs double layer discs?

@topic poster

hmm i was just wondering, how much did M$ pay you to post that? coz i might try it too :cool:
I hope you were kidding because if you were not I might have to second guess your motives. :policeman:

Then, what's going wrong with that silly "critical update" when AnyDVD is enabled?
I think it is SlySoft who must fix that problem, as Cyberlink does not care about it.
So, please, please take a look at it.

may I ask, is a new beta just around the corner? another ~2 days?
sorry for being impatient

Cyberlink people are not stupid. I'm sure it has a very simple reason, like some informational conflict (some information indicating AACS protection even though it appears to be an unprotected disc).

I think it appears otherwise.

When Cyberlink reports (correctly or erroneously) non-compliance with HDCP, the work-around for playing HD-DVD and bluray discs had been to have AnyDVD HD running. This no longer works with PDVDU versions beyond 3104.a.1. The next work-around was to rip the disc, unload AnyDVD HD from memory, then use the PDVDU feature of playback from HDD. This feature in PDVDU is now gone.

We need a player that will allow playback with AnyDVD HD active, and from HDD. PDVDU is no longer such a player.* Perhaps Arcsoft's pending release will fill the bill? Who knows?

SlySoft is doing everything they can, and doing it exceptionally well. It seems obvious Cyberlink is trying to "answer" the SlySoft solutions, and the only reason that makes sense is pressure from the BDA/HD-DVD Forum.

* So, don't upgrade PDVDU, right? Well, they built in an auto-update "Critical component" message to try to force that, so this is further evidence that they are actively closing doors to playback when HDCP-compliance is reported as missing.

Last edited:
I think it appears otherwise.

When Cyberlink reports (correctly or erroneously) non-compliance with HDCP, the work-around for playing HD-DVD and bluray discs had been to have AnyDVD HD running. This no longer works with PDVDU versions beyond 3104.a.1. The next work-around was to rip the disc, unload AnyDVD HD from memory, then use the PDVDU feature of playback from HDD. This feature in PDVDU is now gone.

We need a player that will allow playback with AnyDVD HD active, and from HDD. PDVDU is no longer such a player.* Perhaps Arcsoft's pending release will fill the bill? Who knows?

SlySoft is doing everything they can, and doing it exceptionally well. It seems obvious Cyberlink is trying to "answer" the SlySoft solutions, and the only reason that makes sense is pressure from the BDA/HD-DVD Forum.

* So, don't upgrade PDVDU, right? Well, they built in an auto-update "Critical component" message to try to force that, so this is further evidence that they are actively closing doors to playback when HDCP-compliance is reported as missing.

Finally, an argument that might make sense to Cyberlink for using AnyDVD HD. Because of pressure from the studios or just crappy programming, the folks at Cyberlink have made AnyDVD HD all but a necessity. What alot of people are not realizing is that for some users, Cyberlink is incorrectly flagging hardware as non HDCP compliant when it is compliant (my system for example) making even the "legal" playing of high definition content not possible. Forget ripping to hard drive or watching a disk without copy protection; if i just want to watch a video in my system i can not do this unless AnyDVD HD is running or i've made a copy for the hard drive which is the whole reason i invested in a HTPC, so that i could stream video to the different TV's in my home.

Anyways, if Cyberlink is forbidding having AnyDVD running then they've just made usesless over $875 worth of high def media (I don't think so). So i won't be updating if i can help it. And if they are going to force people to upgrade, then i'll just have to wait for an alternative.

I've heard the saying that necessity is the mother of invention. And if there is anything we need right now, its for Slysoft to get a player together for us to compliment the fine software they provide us today. I'm willing to spend $80 max. Any takers???????:agree:

I've heard the saying that necessity is the mother of invention. And if there is anything we need right now, its for Slysoft to get a player together for us to compliment the fine software they provide us today. I'm willing to spend $80 max. Any takers???????:agree:

Not a bad idea, however I am sceptical it is that simple.

Cyberlink has built an OEM empire for years to become profitable.

But I am very interested in Slysoft's opinion on that matter, too!

The update/reupdate/change software/extra software (Reclock) process has become extremely cumbersome lately, that's for sure :(

Edit: Re AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 successfully handled 'Home of the Brave' BR, 6.1.9.5 didn't! Thanks for that!! (note: still using PDVD 3104 under XP)

Last edited:
Why on earth did they ban playing from the HDD. What do they think? People bought their software for that feature. All this paranoia is making the need for an open source HDM player a nessecity.

I too would spend 80 bucks for an softwareplayer from Slysoft. Because then we would be sure everything would work and could throw that crappy PowerDVD in the trash.

The only bad thing is Slysoft would not be able to get a licenens from the AACS LA to implement legal AACS decryption in that player......:D, but I don't care much of that because Slysoft will always break the encryption so the licens is not necessary

They banned it because PowerDVD is the only Player software in the world how can play a HD disk from the harddrive. So the whole industry has just to kill that option and then Slysoft can decrypt whatever they want if we can not play it back nothing really has get better for us.

Last edited:

Not sure about this. On my recent update to PDVD I find that the warning about needing to switch to analog when attempting to playback a HD-DVD goes away if AnyDVD is running, or the files have been ripped via AnyDVD-HD

My ASUS 7600GT card is not HDCP compliant

Why on earth did they ban playing from the HDD. What do they think? People bought their software for that feature. All this paranoia is making the need for an open source HDM player a nessecity.

what do you mean they banned playing from the hard drive? I updated fully using ultra and latest patch 3319f the options still there and works for HDD playback, am I missing something here? :confused: had me all worried!

I have an idea to see if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory:
can someone who has an HDCP-compliant system do this:
-run AnyDVD without selecting the BD-Drive for processing (understand no removal of AACS protection)
-then run PDVD build 3304+ and see if it reads the disc normally (understand no message asking for critical update)

By this, we will know if PDVD checks if AnyDVD is in memory, or if it checks the content of the BD itself.

Last edited:
what do you mean they banned playing from the hard drive? I updated fully using ultra and latest patch 3319f the options still there and works for HDD playback, am I missing something here? :confused: had me all worried!

That's interesting, which version did you upgrade from ?

Oh and what OS ?

Back